Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-03-2017, 05:48 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-03-2017 05:43 PM)julep Wrote:  We're going to Paris in May (just for four days). My son is staying home to watch the cat.

Is he expecting the cat to do something special?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
25-03-2017, 05:50 PM
(25-03-2017 05:48 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 05:43 PM)julep Wrote:  We're going to Paris in May (just for four days). My son is staying home to watch the cat.

You never know with cats.

Dodgy
25-03-2017, 06:50 PM
(25-03-2017 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  PSA

Mr clean magic earasers will take the paint off a wooden painted toilet seat.

You've been warned.

I've yet to encounter something those aren't effective at. But thanks for the warning. First time I used one was on a tile kitchen floor and it looked like one of those commercials where the dirt just goes away...and I didn't even think the tile was that dirty, was just moving out of the apartment at the time and thought I better scrub by the baseboards.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-03-2017, 06:56 PM
(25-03-2017 05:48 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Probably just continue in his quest for world domination, but you never know. He might purr or something.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
25-03-2017, 06:58 PM
So, I'm just going to leave this here from my Facebook feed. It made me swear out loud in disbelief:

[Image: iQZCJuO.png]

(25-03-2017 06:56 PM)julep Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 05:48 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Is he expecting the cat to do something special?
Probably just continue in his quest for world domination, but you never know. He might purr or something.

He knows his kind were once worshiped as gods, and has not forgotten? Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
25-03-2017, 07:55 PM
(25-03-2017 06:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So, I'm just going to leave this here from my Facebook feed. It made me swear out loud in disbelief:

(25-03-2017 06:56 PM)julep Wrote:  Probably just continue in his quest for world domination, but you never know. He might purr or something.

If you know that person irl I am pretty sure most states allow mercy killings for the braindead.

As to cats they have 2 legends they pass down; one is the worshiped as gods thing the other is about the cat who died when his dinner was served 3 minutes late.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-03-2017, 08:24 PM
(25-03-2017 07:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So, I'm just going to leave this here from my Facebook feed. It made me swear out loud in disbelief:

If you know that person irl I am pretty sure most states allow mercy killings for the braindead.

As to cats they have 2 legends they pass down; one is the worshiped as gods thing the other is about the cat who died when his dinner was served 3 minutes late.

I don't know them in real life, they're just part of a group I'm in. Thankfully. Tongue Though must say I'm upset a former ex who asked me for space 13 days ago, and her parents, all three blocked me without warning today after I'd not commented on any of her posts or messaged her in that timeframe. Having known someone for over a decade and then having that happen is painful.

26-03-2017, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2017 08:50 AM by Loom.)
Just learned that the 50 or so vacation hours I'd saved up for the better part of last year for a trip with my family were reset.

I had no idea that would happen. If I did I would've used them earlier. Now I have to contend with going without pay for almost a week or not go on my trip.

I haven't had a break for a year.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
26-03-2017, 08:50 AM
(26-03-2017 08:47 AM)Loom Wrote:  Just learned that the 50 or so vacation hours I'd saved up for a trip for the better part of last year were reset.

I had no idea that would happen. If I did I would've used them earlier. Now I have to contend with going without pay for almost a week or not go on my trip.

That stinks. A lot of companies either limit how much paid time off you can roll over into the next year or they take it away completely.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-03-2017, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2017 09:06 AM by Escape Artist.)
(26-03-2017 08:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 08:47 AM)Loom Wrote:  Just learned that the 50 or so vacation hours I'd saved up for a trip for the better part of last year were reset.

That stinks. A lot of companies either limit how much paid time off you can roll over into the next year or they take it away completely.

Yeah, we can only carry over so many days each year or they'll... well I can't recall now. Tongue I can't remember if they go into our catastrophic bank (a bank that you can only pull days from if you have an FMLA type event) or if they just plain go away. Consider But I know we do have to use up our days now, moreso than in the past. Seriously though sometimes it's like "They're my days, bitch - I should be able to use 'em how and when I want" Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post