Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-12-2012, 03:05 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Terse is my specialty. It just happens 500word rants about why topic XX is fucking stupid just also happens to be another specialty of mine.

sigh.

I guess I'll have to just keep it simple.
Also, they want me to reference... can you believe that shit!?
If there is one thing on this planet I really hate it's referencing, especially when what i write is just common sense and not quoted from some 26year old's theists on why ants walk in a line 1 by 1 and not 2 by 2 or some shit like that. But nooooooo, "you must use 5 references" to which I respond "Oh I'm sorry, and here I was under the impression that you wanted our work and not just for us to copy and paste someone else's work. Silly me"

So there is no reference requirement, but part of the marking involves how you referenced but whatever, it's only a small part of the marking (like 5% of the whole essay).

Also, brought a mango today. Normally I buy mango's whenever I can, because I fucking love mango, but lately they've been squishy and gross, but as I was walking past it caught my eye, nice and firm, perfect rype-ness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Refs are important. 'Cos as intelligent as you are, they prove that you're saying something legit. Ex. If you wanted the specific gravity of copper or something. You could google it. Everyone knows it's the right value. Why not just stick it in ? Well I don't know about other stuff, but science, *everything* has to be traceable back. If some guy wants to check that value, he has to know where you got it from. It's a very important part of the war on woo - because if you ever allowed people to get away without referencing then... THE WORLD WOULD END Tongue Nah, but pseudoscience would become that much more credible. People could write papers saying 'blah blah... value out my ass... blah blah' and get taken seriously. If *you* are not doing the experiment yourself and reporting that value, you just gotta reference it. Isn't too difficult. And once you're used to it, becomes an instant way to tell good science from bullshit. It's easy. Bullshit artists reference other bullshit artists, or don't do it at all.

Of course some people spend vast resources *faking* their references because the pseudoscience crowd *love* the pageantry of science without the substance, but that only works if someone takes a casual glance - if anyone ever digs deeper it immediately falls apart.
04-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Just got done reading the case study I had to read for this assignment.

God damn I am sick to death of this one-sided university...
They assume that because the majority of students vote Labor that we all have those opinions.

You know, I don't get students. Why is it that they are all for the poor, all about wealth distribution, trade unions etc.. all that BS, yet they're at university getting degrees that will then put them in the upper-middle class of society where they will just change their political opinions to that of their new situation?
Then all you'll hear is about how Labor did this that or the other back in the day or whatever when they're in their middle age. And it's like, WELL YOU VOTED FOR THEM! I told you to vote National, but did you listen? nooooo. I don't understand why they don't look a little into the future and vote for that situation, rather then their current situation. It's fucking stupid.
In saying that though, while they have shitty minimum wage jobs half of them are doing arts degrees majoring in something completely retarded (spoke to a guy in my lecture last week (had no choice), he's majoring in Samoan culture... I mean WTF is that!??) and so they'll likely end up in that same shitty job for the rest of their lives so I suppose they are really thinking about their future huh.

If students are the future it's no fucking wonder man kind is take it's sweet time in solving world issues.

tl;dr, students are fucking stupid.
04-12-2012, 05:42 AM
(04-12-2012 05:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  tl;dr, students are fucking stupid.
Just you wait until you start working (full time) Laughat

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
04-12-2012, 06:01 AM
(04-12-2012 05:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 05:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  tl;dr, students are fucking stupid.
Just you wait until you start working (full time) Laughat
students will suddenly become smart because I'm working?
I highly doubt that.
04-12-2012, 06:03 AM
(04-12-2012 06:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 05:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  Just you wait until you start working (full time) Laughat
students will suddenly become smart because I'm working?
I highly doubt that.
No, but they'll seem smart compared to your coworkers Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Ranting corner
(04-12-2012 02:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 12:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck you you silly Croat!
I hope you get aids and die!!

opps, better put the: " Tongue " or people would think I was being cereal.

Ummm, I was gonna rant about something but I forgot what it was now..
Meh, it'll com ahhhhhhh yes..

So my assignment I haven't started is due tomorrow morning.
That's not the problem, the problem is what they expect us to do. They got a huge list of shit we need to explain and only 1200 words to do it in..
This is gonna be annoying I predict it now.
Muffs, if you were a cereal, I would so have you for breakfast (you may require a bit more sugar than the other brands, but it'd be totally worth it) [Image: eating-breakfast-cornflakes.gif]

Too much fiber. My intestines would get all twisted up. Bad idea. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-12-2012, 06:12 AM
(04-12-2012 06:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Too much fiber. My intestines would get all twisted up. Bad idea. Confused
Who said I was willing to share?

[Image: 28605156.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-12-2012, 06:19 AM
(04-12-2012 06:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  students will suddenly become smart because I'm working?
I highly doubt that.
No, but they'll seem smart compared to your coworkers Drinking Beverage
Oh yea, trust me, I've been there and done that..
The people I've had to work with will fucking blow your mind.

Like you think you have an idea of the limits of how fucking dumb people can be now? They will shatter that mental imagine right out of your pretty little brain. They were/are the most... you know, there is no word in the universe that can explain/comprehend the level of stupidity that they took it too.

(worked in a gas station for a year and a half)
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-12-2012, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 06:43 AM by Vera.)
(04-12-2012 06:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh yea, trust me, I've been there and done that..
The people I've had to work with will fucking blow your mind.

Like you think you have an idea of the limits of how fucking dumb people can be now? They will shatter that mental imagine right out of your pretty little brain. They were/are the most... you know, there is no word in the universe that can explain/comprehend the level of stupidity that they took it too.

(worked in a gas station for a year and a half)
I do trust you. But let me tell you a story about the idiots I've had to work with (some have been soooo dumb, it's not worth the effort of typing to tell you about them).

So, once we had to send a suitcase a tourist left behind back to the UK. We need to make a list of her stuff and give an approximation of its cost. I'm about to do it, when a woman (whose job it so wasn't), puts on surgical gloves, opens the suitcase and starts taking the clothes of the client one by one, giving them an appr. value (and making derogatory comments).

At one point she comes across some undies and I (who's writing the list, while the rest of the idiots are gathered around to watch) tell her that I'm not going to write down how many pieces of underwear the lady has, but am just gonna write underwear and come up with an appr. value. Still, we all have to endure bras and panties being waved in our faces.

And then that idiot comes across a little plastic bag with underwear in it (no need to tell you, but, yeah worn underwear). Despite my loud protestations that I am not counting pieces of underwear, she takes them out, one by one, holding them up for all to see and commenting.

And that creature once told me how she never wears rings on her middle finger, because real ladies do not wear a ring around their middle finger. Obviously, real ladies have no problem with rummaging through other people's dirty underwear, though. Literally. And make fun of them.