Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-03-2017, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 12:05 PM by Vera.)
RE: Ranting corner
What the unholy, bloody fuck is up with rich (usually white) folk blathering on about things happening for a reason and everything just magically happening at the right place and time, in this, the best of all possible worlds? Say it to the parents whose child gets cancer at the age of one or the especially “lucky” ones who just happened to have been born in the “right” place and time of a civil war! Censored

Honestly, just how self-involved and mind-numbingly blind to the suffering of others and the freaking reality of this incredibly cruel (and incredibly beautiful) world of ours can one get in one’s mansion!

Extra brownie points when this huge pile of manure comes from a religionist. Screw you and the god you rode in on Angry

Also, next time I hear about the profound wisdom of animals and people communing with them, and how people should just die so that animals could live in peace and harmony, and cosmic wisdom, Imma start throwing punches (and I’m as non-violent as you can get!)

Phew, that felt great!

(Okay, some of those folk are genuinely not bad people, but, again – how blind can you be to all the obviously random pain and suffering in this world? Including among those precious animals of yours, who kill (and rape!) as much as that horrible, horrible species so many of the same entitled folk are ashamed of belonging to! Angry )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Messed up my sign language exam big time. I hope I still pass it somehow... Who the fuck mistakes the word "tree" for "wind"? Ah well...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
27-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Fuckers at the library TALKING LIKE THIS!!
Angry
Hey idiots - shut the fuck up! This isn't the fucking barbershop - go out to the parking lot and talk!! Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Driving home today I got caught stopped when not quite all the way through the intersection. There probably wasn't enough space in the left turn lane. I was waiting for the traffic to move figuring the left turn arrow would come on and the line of cars would be able to move and I could move up a few more feet.

All of a sudden someone is honking at me. I look to my right and there is a guy about my age in a little station wagon sort of thing and he's honking at me like that's going to make room for me to move. I looked ahead again to see if I could move and couldn't. So he honks again and I can see in my mirror that he is inching closer to my car and he is obviously cussing and fussing.

It's been a long day...I gave him a friendly middle finger salute which he politely returned.

Again I check and I can't move yet. He's honking again...I look and he is unbuckling his seat belt. I suppose he's gonna come kick my ass. I look and I could have pulled up...instead I looked at him as he started to get out of his car and did my best The Rock imitation...eyebrow raised and all. He refastened his seatbelt. I drove ahead figuring that he figured he was scaring me, as soon as he figured out he wasn't, he changed his mind.

[Image: 208vekm.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Ugh...

I'm tired. I was awake until Midnight, alarm went off at 3am, got the man and mannish boy up, they left at 3;30am; at 5ish i fell asleep on until they texted that the first part of their trip was completed around 8:30.

I've been awake ever since. Just went out and got pizza for the other kid, so I won't have to worry about cooking for a few days.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I'm cleaning the house...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-03-2017, 02:34 AM
So.. I have discovered reading.
It's this thing where people have put words in a certain order that it tells a story.
And I'm fucking loving it, I totally get why people do this now. I even finished my first book, the first book in the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson.
I write a lot, I write almost every night in fact, but I never read. So this is new to me and is really helping with my writing I think.
It's also a bit of a self confidence boost regarding my writing actually. I always had this fear that my writings shit, but I think having read that book I'm on the... write.. track with my works.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
28-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I don't get why people interpret ALL CAPS text as yelling.
I just see it as simply a polite way of adding EMPHASIS. EMPHA-FUCKING-SIS!!!! GODDAMMIT!!! Girl_nails

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
28-03-2017, 08:27 PM
I have to go to this.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl...ref=NZH_fb

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-03-2017, 08:29 PM
(28-03-2017 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have to go to this.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl...ref=NZH_fb

Yes you do. And you need to insinuate yourself to get a selfie. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Of course, I aint leaving till he signs something. I'll have to buy a microscope or something for him to sign.
My mom went to Bruce Springsteen earlier this year, my sister went to Disturbed or some other rock band, my flatmates went to Peking Duck (EDM band, think Skrillex type of music), my supervisor (well.. ex-supervisor he got fired last week) went to Tech N9ne (rap artist) and I might go to a dude sitting in a chair talking about science. Tongue

Think I got to best deal there. Thumbsup