Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2017, 07:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-03-2017 07:37 AM)Loom Wrote:  [Image: P77cflH.jpg]

[Image: c2ml3tO.jpg]

Jackwad gave this to me today at work.

You could tell him that your religion dictates that in order to save him from death you must give him a vicious wedgie every day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-03-2017, 07:56 AM
(29-03-2017 07:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  

You could tell him that your religion dictates that in order to save him from death you must give him a vicious wedgie every day.

As he was Christian, I'm sure he'd welcome the suffering Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
29-03-2017, 08:15 AM
(29-03-2017 07:37 AM)Loom Wrote:  Jackwad gave this to me today at work.

It's fake.

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
29-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I totally have a hankering for left over mac n cheese...
There's just certain food that tastes better when it's been sitting in the fridge for a day and mac n cheese is most certainly one of them.
KFC is another.
29-03-2017, 08:53 AM
(29-03-2017 08:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I totally have a hankering for left over mac n cheese...
There's just certain food that tastes better when it's been sitting in the fridge for a day and mac n cheese is most certainly one of them.
KFC is another.

I made some french onion soup the other day that's gone from good to divine after an overnight stay in the fridge Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
29-03-2017, 09:03 AM
(29-03-2017 07:13 AM)julep Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 06:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So on Facebook, most of my posts go to a no-drama list. Mainly due to my cousin's minister husband. Even then, I once in a while slip up, and he freaks out if I post something from a source he disagrees from. Twice I've slipped up and shared something from Friendly Atheist on just Friends as a list, and he's freaked out hardcore. So, I thought the other day, that a video of President Kennedy talking about the need for an educated voting populace was non-controversial enough to share. Sure enough, almost immediately, notification pops up that he commented on it. Angry that the people who made the video said we needed to remember this during the Trump administration and how could I share trash like this? Talking to him is like talking to a brick wall, and even with a psychotic break that has the wall talking back, about just as effective.

However a few things I would've said, if I thought he'd take his head out of his posterior and listen:
  • Your family receives WIC; the people you are staunchly defending want to stop that. Your kids would go to school hungry.
  • You support the people who want to kill Free and Reduced lunch that your kids use.
  • Your wife receives social security disability, the people you're supporting want to stop that.
  • The people you're supporting want to stop the Head Start program your youngest daughter attends.
  • The people you support want to stop the programs that help your oldest daughter with her learning disabilities.
  • You support the people who want to kill the after school programs that both of your daughters use.
  • You would love to see Creationism taught in schools, so forgive me if I'm not thinking you have the best views on education.

Post them all except the last bullet point and maybe you'll get a decent discussion or make him think, at least a little. The last point, while true, will be perceived as a direct insult and forestall productive conversation.

I think about half of them, he'd perceive as a direct insult though. Sad From what I can tell from whenever he opens his mouth, Jesus is a Republican and the Republican Party is God's Own Party instead of the Grand Old Party.

(29-03-2017 07:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 06:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  However a few things I would've said, if I thought he'd take his head out of his posterior and listen:
  • Your family receives WIC; the people you are staunchly defending want to stop that. Your kids would go to school hungry.
  • You support the people who want to kill Free and Reduced lunch that your kids use.
  • Your wife receives social security disability, the people you're supporting want to stop that.
  • The people you're supporting want to stop the Head Start program your youngest daughter attends.
  • The people you support want to stop the programs that help your oldest daughter with her learning disabilities.
  • You support the people who want to kill the after school programs that both of your daughters use.
  • You would love to see Creationism taught in schools, so forgive me if I'm not thinking you have the best views on education.

I think you should say them anyway.

Might.

Grr, remember friends getting those while waiting tables, and we got them at McDonalds from time to time with people telling us it was a "tip". Edit: Also LivingWaters.com? That's Ray Comfort's site!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2017, 09:12 AM
(29-03-2017 08:15 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 07:37 AM)Loom Wrote:  Jackwad gave this to me today at work.

It's fake.

Hobo

I heartily approve this use of hobo. Sleepy

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
29-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Fucking Moms - learn the difference between "formally" and "formerly." kthxbye. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I'm at work...

And are you fucking serious, the thread I created on Lucid dreaming is being blocked at work, WTF? AngryCensored

The web filtering software they put in really doesn't make any goddamn sense!

Weeping

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard