Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-03-2017, 02:49 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-03-2017 07:29 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Just six more years, EA. Six more years, you can do it. -__-

Every time I read one of your posts, it takes me a few seconds to realize the 'EA' is self referential, and you are not in fact talking about game publisher Electronic Arts.

[Image: Yok5cjoG1T8iG9BpXyVikfvSfDGdHtLlH1zTNO3a...guDyNis8ag]

Years spent in game design, and playing games is still my go-to hobby. So yeah, this is still the first thing that pops into my head every time I read 'EA'. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Made the mistake of listening to this on the ride in to work:

It's a song that was played at my wedding and it's a song I also used to play on the piano. And my wedding and playing the piano... they both make me think of my dad. He walked me down the aisle to marry someone he didn't think was good for me. And the piano - one of my earliest memories of him is us each playing a part of a song called "Heart and Soul". So yeah I ended up crying in the fucking car on my way to work. (A car that my dad helped me pick out, so even it brings back memories of him). For better or for worse, I often think of my dad when I am feeling overwhelmed with responsibility. Maybe I'll spend the day fantasizing about running away from my responsibilities and the crushing weight of them. Sad

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-03-2017, 07:15 AM
Sometimes I feel like my life was lived in fast forward - having children so young, marrying so young - just so my dad could see it before he died. He didn't get to see me truly happy, but he did get to see big events in my life and he got to be a granddad for a little bit. If I hadn't been a young mother, he would've missed out on that.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-03-2017, 07:50 AM
(30-03-2017 07:14 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Made the mistake of listening to this on the ride in to work:

It's a song that was played at my wedding and it's a song I also used to play on the piano. And my wedding and playing the piano... they both make me think of my dad. He walked me down the aisle to marry someone he didn't think was good for me. And the piano - one of my earliest memories of him is us each playing a part of a song called "Heart and Soul". So yeah I ended up crying in the fucking car on my way to work. (A car that my dad helped me pick out, so even it brings back memories of him). For better or for worse, I often think of my dad when I am feeling overwhelmed with responsibility. Maybe I'll spend the day fantasizing about running away from my responsibilities and the crushing weight of them. Sad

> I envy you. My dad was a bible-thumping Lutheran and an overbearing tyrant. I did not shed even a single tear for him at his funeral.

> I'm fond of that musical work and used to play it on my cello.
30-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Hug
(29-03-2017 11:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  After you jumped down my throat for asking if everything is all right, do not expect me to do so again. I cared enough to ask, but I don't think I'll make that mistake again, given the treatment that brought down upon me.

I love you and wish we could have a future but the next step after tonight is yours and yours alone. Here's a hint: it starts with two words. You're either big enough to say them -- and feel them! -- or not.

I'm not sure how I should bet.

Oh, and you should throw away the birthday card and flowers. After your bullshit tonight, it's clear to me that I wrote and sent them under the false impression that you were taking me at face-value, when you clearly are projecting onto me bullshit which lives in your mind alone. Had I known that, I would never have set pen to paper.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
30-03-2017, 09:15 AM
I have a cold and my period at the same fucking time. Sadcryface2 And I'm all out of chocolate cupcakes Censored But, I do have a chocolate chip muffin so FSM has been smiling upon me in that respect Wink
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
30-03-2017, 09:33 AM
(30-03-2017 09:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I have a cold and my period at the same fucking time. Sadcryface2 And I'm all out of chocolate cupcakes Censored But, I do have a chocolate chip muffin so FSM has been smiling upon me in that respect Wink

Poor thing, Sad brings a whole new meaning to the words " sniff n drip " sending a hug and a virtual vegan chocolate fudge cakeHug
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
30-03-2017, 09:57 AM
(30-03-2017 09:33 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I have a cold and my period at the same fucking time. Sadcryface2 And I'm all out of chocolate cupcakes Censored But, I do have a chocolate chip muffin so FSM has been smiling upon me in that respect Wink

Poor thing, Sad brings a whole new meaning to the words " sniff n drip " sending a hug and a virtual vegan chocolate fudge cakeHug

Laugh out load Thank you Smile
30-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(29-03-2017 11:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  After you jumped down my throat for asking if everything is all right, do not expect me to do so again. I cared enough to ask, but I don't think I'll make that mistake again, given the treatment that brought down upon me.

I love you and wish we could have a future but the next step after tonight is yours and yours alone. Here's a hint: it starts with two words. You're either big enough to say them -- and feel them! -- or not.

I'm not sure how I should bet.

Oh, and you should throw away the birthday card and flowers. After your bullshit tonight, it's clear to me that I wrote and sent them under the false impression that you were taking me at face-value, when you clearly are projecting onto me bullshit which lives in your mind alone. Had I known that, I would never have set pen to paper.

:brohug:
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-03-2017, 01:49 PM
We've talked. I feel much better about it. I understand that I too hurt her with some things I said last night.

Thanks, y'all, for the listening and support.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post