Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-03-2017, 01:25 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Since leaving AF I feel much less ranty already lol. I was ranting over there in all my latest posts apart from my goodbye post... and now I feel all happy now I'm here lol.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvieTheTurtle's post
31-03-2017, 01:37 PM
(31-03-2017 12:58 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 11:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, I meant it more in the way that now that we have an unlimited access to information (and misinformation) a lot of (the less intelligent among) us are convinced their opinions and limited knowledge are as valid as those of them fuckin' expert, fuck them and their years of training and research, who are they to tell me I know squat Dodgy

We had a member here not too long ago (Heywood Jahblome) who seemed to honestly believe that he could become an expert on anything by spending 5 minutes on the internet. Quantum physics? Lebesgue integration? No problem -- I'll just go read a Wikipedia article, and I'll know as much as anyone with a Ph.D. in Physics or Mathematics. It's hard to believe that anyone could really think like this, but he seemed to. He also claimed that reading a brief summary of the plot of a novel was a valid substitute for reading the novel itself. Ah, the internet age...

Heywood was the king of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-03-2017, 02:39 PM
I remember Heywood from my time here before. Here was a certified idjot. Or rather, a self-made one Drinking Beverage

[Image: google-what-i-want-to-be-true-i-coleco-1...699403.png]

(31-03-2017 01:05 PM)kim Wrote:  I wonder if that kid is still as stupid as he was trying to be. Shy

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again... until you're dumber than a box of fossil-containing rocks, which Satan put there in order to confuse us. He most probably is - this kind of aggressive idiocy and refusal to learn rarely change.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
31-03-2017, 05:00 PM
We had bad storms here again the other night...luckily they missed us this time but more are on the way.

The radio station I listen to on the way to work played a clip of a voicemail left by a woman who was PISSED that her power was out and had been for several hours.

She wanted to know why the local electric utility didn't put something out on TV regarding updates on the outage so she would know when she would be able to wash her hair.

Let that sink in...she is sitting in her house angry because there isn't a message being flashed on her TV screen regarding the power outage so she can make personal hygiene plans.

Facepalm

They walk among us my friends.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
31-03-2017, 07:15 PM
(31-03-2017 05:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We had bad storms here again the other night...luckily they missed us this time but more are on the way.

The radio station I listen to on the way to work played a clip of a voicemail left by a woman who was PISSED that her power was out and had been for several hours.

She wanted to know why the local electric utility didn't put something out on TV regarding updates on the outage so she would know when she would be able to wash her hair.

Let that sink in...she is sitting in her house angry because there isn't a message being flashed on her TV screen regarding the power outage so she can make personal hygiene plans.

Facepalm

And they breed and vote.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
31-03-2017, 07:55 PM
(31-03-2017 07:15 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 05:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We had bad storms here again the other night...luckily they missed us this time but more are on the way.

Facepalm

And they breed and vote.

The stupid have taken over, we have to face facts. It's like the cop who called 911 after eating pot brownies and said he thought he was dead because time was moving really really really slow.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-03-2017, 09:14 PM
I will not be silenced!! Hobo Hobo Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
31-03-2017, 09:15 PM
What is this trickery thou hast thrust upon me? What is this line stricken through my lovely name? I speak now from beyond the grave!!! Hobo Boooooo Hobo

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
31-03-2017, 09:24 PM
OMG I'm laughing so hard...

I'm telling you...a little pee came out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-03-2017, 09:31 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

Here's a duckie.

[Image: P1050282.JPG?m=1359277277]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]