Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-04-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
My man is having a shit fit of epic proportion.

The stress is getting to him now...He wants everything done with his mom's house yesterday. He's sprinkling the stress on everyone in the house...

He was the one who decided to take a week New Orleans so now it's everyone's fault he lost a week...

I hate this...because there's only so much I can do to help him.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-04-2017, 12:21 PM
(02-04-2017 12:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My man is having a shit fit of epic proportion.

The stress is getting to him now...He wants everything done with his mom's house yesterday. He's sprinkling the stress on everyone in the house...

He was the one who decided to take a week New Orleans so now it's everyone's fault he lost a week...

Did he think elves were going to come in and do it while he was lounging on Bourbon Street?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 12:32 PM
(02-04-2017 12:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My man is having a shit fit of epic proportion.

Sounds like he needs a deep screaming, crying sob. That or to go to a gym & punch a bag for four hours.

It might be residual anger, sorrow, guilt ... it is very easy to misdirect that shit. When time has elapsed, it can be just as difficult recognize it. Grief doesn't leave, it just evolves.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Both Kim and Angjele nailed it.

He's just got a lot of displaced aggression. We all went up and got rid of a bunch of crap so now he feels like something is being done.

We just found another box of tax stuff...first return he pulled out of the box was from 1966. You just can't make this shit up. It makes me want to go through the whole house and just get rid of everything. In fact, once we're done with going through all her crap, I might just start dong that here. I've got a stack of crap that needs to be shredded.

I also really need a better shredder too.

02-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Taxes from 1966? Shit, that's as bad as my wife! However, what happens to returns over a certain age around here is, as I refer to it, "Mysterious Disappearance". If I didn't do this, we would still have the old check book copies from 35 years ago.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-04-2017, 06:56 PM
(02-04-2017 06:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Taxes from 1966? Shit, that's as bad as my wife! However, what happens to returns over a certain age around here is, as I refer to it, "Mysterious Disappearance". If I didn't do this, we would still have the old check book copies from 35 years ago.

OMG...remember when you used to cancelled checks with your statement? When did the banks stop sending you that shit?

What makes you think that it must be saved forever????????????????

(not really saying "you" in that literal sense, but rather I'm speaking to my mother in law and other people....

Seriously, you paid your PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) bill in July 1975?? You know they're NEVER going to come back and say..."you owe us from July 1975" But wait! I have the bill right here and see I wrote on it that I paid it 10 days later and the check number was 579. Same thing for the pacific bell bill, or the water company, or garbage company....Around 1980 she began stapling the cancelled check to the bill after she got it...stacks and stacks of that shit. When the bank began sending her a sheet of photocopied checks she'd cut them out and staple that....Thank goodness they stopped doing even that because damn staples don't go through the shredder well.

Shit the cable company is out of business...Month after month after month...Most of that shit, honestly I didn't bother shredding, just tossed it into the trash. My gosh, she moved twice since most of that shit.

I found the title papers from the house they bought before my husband was born.

02-04-2017, 07:18 PM
(02-04-2017 06:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 06:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Taxes from 1966? Shit, that's as bad as my wife! However, what happens to returns over a certain age around here is, as I refer to it, "Mysterious Disappearance". If I didn't do this, we would still have the old check book copies from 35 years ago.

OMG...remember when you used to cancelled checks with your statement? When did the banks stop sending you that shit?

(not really saying "you" in that literal sense, but rather I'm speaking to my mother in law and other people....

Seriously, you paid your PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) bill in July 1975?? You know they're NEVER going to come back and say..."you owe us from July 1975" But wait! I have the bill right here and see I wrote on it that I paid it 10 days later and the check number was 579. Same thing for the pacific bell bill, or the water company, or garbage company....Around 1980 she began stapling the cancelled check to the bill after she got it...stacks and stacks of that shit. When the bank began sending her a sheet of photocopied checks she'd cut them out and staple that....Thank goodness they stopped doing even that because damn staples don't go through the shredder well.

Shit the cable company is out of business...Month after month after month...Most of that shit, honestly I didn't bother shredding, just tossed it into the trash. My gosh, she moved twice since most of that shit.

I will grant you that these things have been saved way beyond the necessary time. As a bookkeeper I will tell you that you are lucky such detailed and complete records are available for finalizing her affairs.

Everything prior to seven years ago...ditch it...as far as bills and checks written go. As for contracts and such...make sure they are expired or fulfilled then they can go too.

You will have a massive purge to do. As for a shredder...you may just want to see what one of the shredding companies would charge you by the banker's box or other container so that they can just pick it up or you drop it off and let them handle it.

Be glad you aren't shredding naked photos of your father's lady friend and your mother so that your nephew doesn't find them...I got to spend a day doing that since no one else was willing to step up. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Sorry Moms. Sad Also can chime in sort of on the personal stories, when we were putting my grandmother's affairs in order after she passed, we had to get a shredding group as well. She didn't have 1966, but her stuff did date back to the 1970s tax and banking statement wise for her personal accounts, and the business ones from she and my grandfather dated back to the 1950s after he founded a false tooth making business after World War Two.

---

I checked Facebook and saw a rant by someone whose profile pic says "Closed for Lent". Fun fact for non-Catholics/non-ex Catholics, Sundays during Lent are essentially "cheat" days, because Sundays are Feast Days and you're not supposed to fast during them. So on Sundays, the more hypocritical among us will violate our Lenten thing we gave up hardcore. (I don't. Not because I don't want to, but because I made myself a promise by swearing to give the stuff up and I keep my word.) So this guy is posting because it's Sunday and he's not technically violating his Lenten sacrifice. Anyhow, he chooses to share a link where a woman on CNN hyperbolically called Obama the next best thing to Jesus.

Here's his rant:
Quote:Wrong! The Blessed Virgin Mary is the next best thing to Jesus Christ. She is the Immaculate Mother of God, conceived free of original sin “in view of the merits of Jesus Christ” (Bl. Pius IX, Ineffabilis Deus). The rest of us are sinners.
We need to stop politicizing our faith and by that I mean stop shaping our faith by our politics. Our faith should shape our politics. Christianity does not fit perfectly into progressivism, libertarianism, conservatism or any other political movement or ideology. Jesus Christ did not institute a party; He founded a Church.

Dude, I've read Ineffabilis Deus; it basically says (unless I'm mixing it up with the other Marian doctrine issued Ex Cathedra) the Pope was speaking Ex Cathedra (infallibly) to codify an existing folk belief based on popular demand. Have you read it? Because from your rant, I'm thinking it's a no. Also pretty sure that woman on CNN didn't mean Obama was without sin.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-04-2017, 07:56 PM
(02-04-2017 07:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 06:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  OMG...remember when you used to cancelled checks with your statement? When did the banks stop sending you that shit?

I will grant you that these things have been saved way beyond the necessary time. As a bookkeeper I will tell you that you are lucky such detailed and complete records are available for finalizing her affairs.

Everything prior to seven years ago...ditch it...as far as bills and checks written go. As for contracts and such...make sure they are expired or fulfilled then they can go too.

You will have a massive purge to do. As for a shredder...you may just want to see what one of the shredding companies would charge you by the banker's box or other container so that they can just pick it up or you drop it off and let them handle it.

Be glad you aren't shredding naked photos of your father's lady friend and your mother so that your nephew doesn't find them...I got to spend a day doing that since no one else was willing to step up. Undecided

I know she had a system, but I can't really figure it out. Or rather I couldn't figure it out when we did her taxes this year. Most of the stuff I just guessed on, except the nursing home care which we were able to take off the whole amount, which is the only reason she got anything back this year (and even so it wasn't that much).

As far as regular bills I'm purging all of them. Bank statements, the bank keeps those online for 10 years, we can copy any we need from there or even request a copy from the bank. Cancelled checks, than fuck they stopped that 10 years ago too. So anything we'd need to prove we'd have to hunt for...but again since all her bills are current each month I doubt they'll come back.

Taxes she did her stuff, pretty much like I do mine. All the shit that was tax deductible is put with the taxes, along with all the other tax stuff (banking, IRA, retirements, medical). Her taxes were actually very simple so an audit would be unlikely and now that she's gone, extremely unlikely. We have most of those here already going back the last 10 years that she lived in this state.

That's ok, The Man™ found nudie pictures of BOTH his parents. He screamed once his brain registered what it was.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-04-2017, 07:59 PM
(02-04-2017 07:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's ok, The Man™ found nudie pictures of BOTH his parents. He screamed once his brain registered what it was.

Tell him I feel his pain.

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post