Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-04-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Hmmm do I wanna bike 8km for Chinese? (move away from my Chinese store in December, haven't had Chinese since. I've been dying inside slowly ever since.).

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Why the fuck do you need a 25 minute assessment to apply as a cart pusher/product loader.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-04-2017, 01:26 PM
(03-04-2017 09:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why the fuck do you need a 25 minute assessment to apply as a cart pusher/product loader.

Because companies are using a standardized test to decide who gets a job. It is performed by an outside company to keep the employer from being accused of racism. If you don't pass, you don't get passed their computer and no human will ever know you applied.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-04-2017, 01:55 PM
(03-04-2017 08:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hmmm do I wanna bike 8km for Chinese? (move away from my Chinese store in December, haven't had Chinese since. I've been dying inside slowly ever since.).

I know the feeling. Until this weekend, I hadn't had good Chinese since October. I ate like a fool all weekend. It was amazing.

And authentic - not that crap Americanized Chinese. This is real deal Chinese cuisine made by genuine, hometown Hispanic Americans. Voted best Chinese place in town 4 years in a row. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-04-2017, 02:05 PM
(03-04-2017 06:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 06:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You could clean the ears yourself. It costs about $9.99 for a good size bottle of ear cleaner at petsmart or Petco and you would just need some cotton balls and q-tips. It is very easy. Our dog never has dirty ears ever. We clean them out about once a month or so.

Been doing that. For quite a while. They both have infections that need medication to clear them up. I had done everything I could with OTC stuff. They needed an antibacterial and antimicrobial treatment.

Duke, amongst other things had floppy ear thing and was prone ear infections (which was yeast and once you've smelled it, you never forgot it.); no amount of cleaning seemed to help. Trying to get the meds into his ear was just as bad. Omg that dog even as an old man was difficult to hold down.

We did learn that benedryl seemed to help -- if we could start giving it to him before it was obvious he needed meds -- which was damn near impossible except for him it did seem seasonal.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-04-2017, 02:30 PM
(03-04-2017 01:26 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 09:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why the fuck do you need a 25 minute assessment to apply as a cart pusher/product loader.

Because companies are using a standardized test to decide who gets a job. It is performed by an outside company to keep the employer from being accused of racism. If you don't pass, you don't get passed their computer and no human will ever know you applied.

I get it for specialized jobs who need to screen for people with special skills but come on. How could that possibly help them pick someone to push carts around a parking lot and load heavy things into customers vehicles.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-04-2017, 04:45 PM
We *might* have found someone to deal with the grandfather clock!

I'm so happy I may shit. Dodgy

03-04-2017, 04:45 PM
(03-04-2017 02:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 06:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Been doing that. For quite a while. They both have infections that need medication to clear them up. I had done everything I could with OTC stuff. They needed an antibacterial and antimicrobial treatment.

Duke, amongst other things had floppy ear thing and was prone ear infections (which was yeast and once you've smelled it, you never forgot it.); no amount of cleaning seemed to help. Trying to get the meds into his ear was just as bad. Omg that dog even as an old man was difficult to hold down.

We did learn that benedryl seemed to help -- if we could start giving it to him before it was obvious he needed meds -- which was damn near impossible except for him it did seem seasonal.

We had roughly a week of winter this year and we have had pollen season for the last three months...probably allergies are why their ears got out of control in spite of my best efforts. Karm will be starting on Benedryl tonight to see if that helps her since she is also itchy all over.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Facebook: Hey you have a state election tomorrow!
Me: Really?
Facebook: Yeah, here, go to the MyVote, WI site.
Me: *goes there*
State of Wisconsin: Here's a feature to find your polling place.
Me: *puts in address*
State of Wisconsin: Hey remember how we refused to tell you anything during the Presidential Election, saying your address doesn't exist in that heavily Democratic and minority voter county? You still don't LOL. Feel free to contact the Election Commission with the form below, you know, the one you used multiple times before going to your village city hall last time because we never replied to you. Btw, good luck trying to vote in that if you do find out, we never sent you your voter registration card now that you think about it. Fuck you liberal voter. Fuck you with a rusty spork. Not that your vote matters; the Federal government says we gerrymandered so much that its Unconstitutional and designed to minimize your impact.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-04-2017, 04:55 PM
(03-04-2017 04:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 02:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Duke, amongst other things had floppy ear thing and was prone ear infections (which was yeast and once you've smelled it, you never forgot it.); no amount of cleaning seemed to help. Trying to get the meds into his ear was just as bad. Omg that dog even as an old man was difficult to hold down.

We had roughly a week of winter this year and we have had pollen season for the last three months...probably allergies are why their ears got out of control in spite of my best efforts. Karm will be starting on Benedryl tonight to see if that helps her since she is also itchy all over.

Benedryl always seemed to help Duke. He would suddenly start sneezing or itching like crazy and after a dose seemed much better.

Once the man gave me flowers and they set the dog off bad. I had to move them into the garage.

But the ear thing omg that constant head shaking...then he'd try to dig into ears with his super sized paws and the flapping of his ears....

Poor old man. Sadcryface the only thing that drove me more crazy was his tail. It was like a whip and he'd hit furniture, which would break the skin on the tip, and blood would spatter all over the walls, furniture and Cabinets. Last week I spent hours scrubbing the lower ones and cried.

Then I nearly cried again when the guys got home...because he was always so sad when his pack wasn't all together. He'd get depressed from the moment the suitcases came out, until we were all together again.

While I can't ever be completely sure, often he sounded like he was crying because he was soooooo happy and bouncy. Jumping everywhere and of course more blood shed.