Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-04-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-04-2017 07:10 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 06:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh my god how hard is it to lift the damn lid and not piss all over the goddamn toilet seat?!?!?!?! Angry

If you are talking about public restrooms, it is very hard. At least that is the impression I get. Walk into a men's restroom and you will find that many guys use the toilets as squat toilets. Hence the shit on the seat. I work at a junk yard and there are so many non-English speaking Hispanics here. You can actually see the footprints next to the seat in the port a john. I am willing to bet it is them that do it.

Nope. Bitching about a teenage boy I share a bathroom with. Who I just picked up from school because he got "sick" - prolly trying to avoid a test, and my dad is en route to pick him up and take him back to school when I called and told him he's full of shit.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
04-04-2017, 07:56 AM
(04-04-2017 07:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  he's full of shit.

So maybe he really *is* sick, then Wink Better in than out and all that... well, shit Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
04-04-2017, 08:17 AM
(04-04-2017 07:46 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  For fudge's sake Cheeseland, how hard are you going to keep trying to suppress my vote? Managed to find my polling place by going to City Hall and asking. Get there, absolutely no signs referencing which door to use at the Baptist Church it was in (wouldn't have even known it was a polling location from the outside). Pretty sure there was signage for one candidate within an illegal boundary of the polling place outside. Anyhow, had to try three different doors before I found an unlocked one, and only once I was inside, did I see voting signs and in big block capital letters "[my village's] VOTERS ONLY! HAVE ID READY." Go in, there's an old man standing guard or something, his whole job seems to be to watch me (or the African American lady who came in after me). The people working the polling tables are ultra suspicious of a 30 year old who votes. Hand them my ID after getting into the correct line for my last name. Get barrage of questions, "What's your name? Where do you live?" things from the ID that has my photo on it, as if I've forged a driver's license to vote or something. Only after they are satisfied, do they hand me back my driver's license and give me a ballot so I can vote for one state level candidate and 10 local elections, only two or three of which is running unopposed.

So yeah, that was my adventure getting to vote in an off-year election here. If they'd not wanted to accept my driver's license I also had on me: University faculty ID, Social Security Card, U.S. Passport, and a utility bill.

It could be they are now being extra careful. The problem with just taking people at their word is that illegals can and will vote. Add that to places where the majority are illegal or there are not enough actual citizens voting, the illegals get bussed around by organizations with an agenda to vote multiple times. You have to face it. Illegals when able to vote, will never vote for the good of the country. They will most certainly vote for what is good for them. We piss away money to foreign people that claim 30 kids on their taxes and get huge tax refunds. Under Trump this will also stop. It is a good thing for us and bad for them. I hope from now on you have to show ID to vote.
04-04-2017, 08:18 AM
(04-04-2017 06:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh my god how hard is it to lift the damn lid and not piss all over the goddamn toilet seat?!?!?!?! Angry

No kidding.

On another note. NURSE! Clap Good to see you back!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
04-04-2017, 08:25 AM
(04-04-2017 08:17 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You have to face it. Illegals when able to vote, will never vote for the good of the country. They will most certainly vote for what is good for them.

???

Maybe this will be news to you, but I would bet that 99% of all voters, regardless of legality, will vote for what is good for them (as opposed to what is good for the country -- if anyone even knows what that is). All this says about "illegals" is that they're just like everyone else. Fancy that.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
04-04-2017, 08:36 AM
(04-04-2017 08:17 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 07:46 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  For fudge's sake Cheeseland, how hard are you going to keep trying to suppress my vote? Managed to find my polling place by going to City Hall and asking. Get there, absolutely no signs referencing which door to use at the Baptist Church it was in (wouldn't have even known it was a polling location from the outside). Pretty sure there was signage for one candidate within an illegal boundary of the polling place outside. Anyhow, had to try three different doors before I found an unlocked one, and only once I was inside, did I see voting signs and in big block capital letters "[my village's] VOTERS ONLY! HAVE ID READY." Go in, there's an old man standing guard or something, his whole job seems to be to watch me (or the African American lady who came in after me). The people working the polling tables are ultra suspicious of a 30 year old who votes. Hand them my ID after getting into the correct line for my last name. Get barrage of questions, "What's your name? Where do you live?" things from the ID that has my photo on it, as if I've forged a driver's license to vote or something. Only after they are satisfied, do they hand me back my driver's license and give me a ballot so I can vote for one state level candidate and 10 local elections, only two or three of which is running unopposed.

So yeah, that was my adventure getting to vote in an off-year election here. If they'd not wanted to accept my driver's license I also had on me: University faculty ID, Social Security Card, U.S. Passport, and a utility bill.

It could be they are now being extra careful. The problem with just taking people at their word is that illegals can and will vote. Add that to places where the majority are illegal or there are not enough actual citizens voting, the illegals get bussed around by organizations with an agenda to vote multiple times. You have to face it. Illegals when able to vote, will never vote for the good of the country. They will most certainly vote for what is good for them. We piss away money to foreign people that claim 30 kids on their taxes and get huge tax refunds. Under Trump this will also stop. It is a good thing for us and bad for them. I hope from now on you have to show ID to vote.

I was showing ID though. A driver's license issued by the state, with my face on it. The African American woman behind me was not subjected to the same battery of questions. And I'm with Grasshopper, almost all American voters are going to vote for what's good for them, not necessarily the country first.

Nor do I think people are going to make a number of conspiracy theorists' dreams come true and bus around tons of undocumented folks to try and vote in a state with strict voter ID laws so that they can pick which person is going to be Village President and Village Trustee.

Add in this is not the first time I've had issues with this state and voting. They've still never sent me my voter registration after trying to register for the Primary for the Presidential Election, nor when I did register for the general Presidential Election at City Hall (though I am on the voter rolls now at least). And the "Wisconsin Election Commission" never replies to the form they use to report that the MyVote site won't tell me my polling place because for some reason, addresses in my heavily Democrat and heavily minority county don't come up as existing, but if I try addresses in the heavy white and Republican ones they do. Nor has the Election Commission ever replied to my voice mails. Plus this state's districts were ruled unconstitutional by a Federal judge due to heavy gerrymandering.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-04-2017, 08:37 AM
(04-04-2017 07:46 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  For fudge's sake Cheeseland, how hard are you going to keep trying to suppress my vote? Managed to find my polling place by going to City Hall and asking. Get there, absolutely no signs referencing which door to use at the Baptist Church it was in (wouldn't have even known it was a polling location from the outside). Pretty sure there was signage for one candidate within an illegal boundary of the polling place outside. Anyhow, had to try three different doors before I found an unlocked one, and only once I was inside, did I see voting signs and in big block capital letters "[my village's] VOTERS ONLY! HAVE ID READY." Go in, there's an old man standing guard or something, his whole job seems to be to watch me (or the African American lady who came in after me). The people working the polling tables are ultra suspicious of a 30 year old who votes. Hand them my ID after getting into the correct line for my last name. Get barrage of questions, "What's your name? Where do you live?" things from the ID that has my photo on it, as if I've forged a driver's license to vote or something. Only after they are satisfied, do they hand me back my driver's license and give me a ballot so I can vote for one state level candidate and 10 local elections, only two or three of which isn't running unopposed.

So I take it you passed the literacy test as well?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
04-04-2017, 08:39 AM
(04-04-2017 07:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Nope. Bitching about a teenage boy I share a bathroom with. Who I just picked up from school because he got "sick" - prolly trying to avoid a test, and my dad is en route to pick him up and take him back to school when I called and told him he's full of shit.

To be fair, if he pissed all over the seat, he probably isn't full of shit anymore. Big Grin

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
04-04-2017, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 08:59 AM by GirlyMan.)

One thing this whole political shitstorm has taught me is that I am extremely lucky to live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Voter ID? We don't need no stinkin' ID (we do now for first time voters only, I've never shown or been asked to show an ID). And we take care of our own (tops in the country for cheapest healthcare, 2nd overall), we don't give a shit whether they got papers or not. How many we got? Ranked #11 at 233,000 with 50,000 MS13 members in Little San Salvador. They make up 6% of our labor force. How do all of these wetback Hectors affect our economy? Maryland has the highest income per capita of all States. Voter fraud? Why bother, it's fucking Maryland for God's sake. Political corruption, not very common except in my home county of PG where we've solved the revolving door problem where politicians become lobbyists by sending them to jail instead.

God bless Maryland! The motherfucking Free State, bitches.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-04-2017, 08:40 AM
(04-04-2017 08:36 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 08:17 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It could be they are now being extra careful. The problem with just taking people at their word is that illegals can and will vote. Add that to places where the majority are illegal or there are not enough actual citizens voting, the illegals get bussed around by organizations with an agenda to vote multiple times. You have to face it. Illegals when able to vote, will never vote for the good of the country. They will most certainly vote for what is good for them. We piss away money to foreign people that claim 30 kids on their taxes and get huge tax refunds. Under Trump this will also stop. It is a good thing for us and bad for them. I hope from now on you have to show ID to vote.

I was showing ID though. A driver's license issued by the state, with my face on it. The African American woman behind me was not subjected to the same battery of questions. And I'm with Grasshopper, almost all American voters are going to vote for what's good for them, not necessarily the country first.

Nor do I think people are going to make a number of conspiracy theorists' dreams come true and bus around tons of undocumented folks to try and vote in a state with strict voter ID laws so that they can pick which person is going to be Village President and Village Trustee.

Add in this is not the first time I've had issues with this state and voting. They've still never sent me my voter registration after trying to register for the Primary for the Presidential Election, nor when I did register for the general Presidential Election at City Hall (though I am on the voter rolls now at least). And the "Wisconsin Election Commission" never replies to the form they use to report that the MyVote site won't tell me my polling place because for some reason, addresses in my heavily Democrat and heavily minority county don't come up as existing, but if I try addresses in the heavy white and Republican ones they do. Nor has the Election Commission ever replied to my voice mails. Plus this state's districts were ruled unconstitutional by a Federal judge due to heavy gerrymandering.

You gotta realize, Birdguy lives in Trump's alternative world where millions of "illegals" are screwing up our elections, and we need to interrogate every voter to make sure they're legitimate (i.e., White and Republican).
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post