05-04-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I have no words. Just... fuck this week. Fuucckkkk iiiiittttt. Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
05-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Soo...yet another customer gave me a church pamphlet full of the good ol' news.

Then, as I'm working outside in the garden center, surrounded by metal as a light drizzle of rain fell, lightning struck a telephone pole about 50 meters away.

I wonder if that was a warning shot Consider

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
05-04-2017, 01:48 PM
(05-04-2017 01:32 PM)Loom Wrote:  Soo...yet another customer gave me a church pamphlet full of the good ol' news.

Then, as I'm working outside in the garden center, surrounded by metal as a light drizzle of rain fell, lightning struck a telephone pole about 50 meters away.

I wonder if that was a warning shot Consider

Nah, if God exists he is an imperfect being, created by imperfect beings. It was a miss.Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
05-04-2017, 02:55 PM
(04-04-2017 08:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  When Jesus gives me a good pounding and wants to stay and cuddle after, I'll remind him he has no visa so we gotta get married.

Goddamn I have missed reading your posts. Evil_monster

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-04-2017, 10:40 PM
That feeling when you are tired but you don't want to go to bed because the sooner you go to sleep, the sooner you gotta get up and go to work and we've been so slow and I've been so bored that it's killing me. Weeping

05-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I think I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight

By early, I mean before midnight. I hate going to bed like jumping into bed just as husband's key hits the lock and waking up at 6:30.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Finally took son antihistamines. What a difference! No more gooey eyes. No more sinus running down the back of my throat. A little drowsy but it's easier to try to stay awake if I feel normal, instead of like a giant bag of mucus. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-04-2017, 10:52 PM
(04-04-2017 06:21 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Must. Be. Nice. In. Intro. Section.

The struggle is real. So real.

If I were slightly less lazy I'd start a new thread about the redundancy of Born Again Christian. As opposed to an Unborn Again Christian?

Since I've deconverted, can I be an Undead Christian?

Long time, no see!

Here's your 'welcome back' duckie.

[Image: The-Rubber-Duck-02.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-04-2017, 06:14 AM
A woman I work with is a chatterbox. Her desk is placed in the office so that she is closest to the door so she is the first person see when they come in. Probably good to have Miss IWillTalkToAnyone right inside the doorway. I have noticed that most of those conversations end up with her asking if the person will be in church on Sunday or if they are excited about an upcoming church event. Fine, whatever.

An elderly lady came in yesterday and was clearly not in good health. As the chatterbox geared up asking personal questions and discussing church, she missed the part where the lady said she probably should not have made the trek down the long hall to our office without her cane. More blabbering by coworker and the lady gets ready to leave after dropping off her paperwork.

I was waiting for the good Christian to do the right thing. Pause, client reaches for the doorknob. I stood up and asked if she would like someone to walk with her back out of the building. She said she thought that was a good idea. Another lady I work with walks with a cane due to injuries from a car accident. She offered the use of her cane. I walked the lady out to her car and made sure she got in okay and brought the cane back to our office.

I realized then that the chatterbox only talks; she doesn't listen. She talks so hard and fast to get the message across that she is a good church-going Christian that she doesn't even hear when someone says they need some help.

Geez, I hate having to deal with people sometimes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2017, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 12:27 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Your chatterbox coworker makes me angry. Angry

Minor thing, but...does no one in my life understand the concept of Time Zones? Other day, job interview at the one place I'd leave here for, "It's at 12:15, we'll see you then! Bye!" hang up before I can go "Eastern or Central?" so had to send an email asking for clarification, since I'm in CST, not EST. This morning, a friend AGAIN, who has been told over a dozen times to stop doing this because I live in CST now, texts me when he's getting ready for his teaching job at 5:30am EST...so I get woken up by my phone's "every two minutes I beep to tell you to read your damn texts and you can't stop me without muting me" chirp going off at 4:30am my time.

Edit: Had voice mail from like midnight on office phone offering me an on campus interview. I returned it, saying specifically that I apologized but had a meeting at 12:15pm to 1:15pm Central Standard Time, so 1:15pm to 2:15pm their time. That I could take a phone call whenever, but sadly not then. Check silenced phone upon leaving advising session, 12:30pm CST missed call and voice mail from them. Facepalm

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post