Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-04-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So... regarding the supervisor role that came up for grabs. I don't remember if I told you guys or not that I went in to speak to my boss about the position the other day on my day off.
Because I did. The role had been filled though. From what I've gathered it sounds like they sacked my supervisor to make room for this other supervisor to come back, so even if I asked the second my supervisor got the sack the position would have already been filled.

So... told you I wasn't gonna get it.

However, my boss did say to hold out because there would be another opportunity very soon. But it would have to advertised and shit. Well, I was at work last night and sure enough a supervisor role is being offered. So gonna apply for it. Not sure if I'm coming across as a little too aggressive though...

"Quiet frankly, I'm nearly 26 years old and I am ready for a step up in my career. I have shown commitment to this company and you guys and just hope that you in turn can show commitment to me by giving me this opportunity."

too.. forward? ah fuck it, no pain no gain. I'm probably not gonna get it anyway for reasons stated previously.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 07:51 PM
(06-04-2017 07:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So... regarding the supervisor role that came up for grabs. I don't remember if I told you guys or not that I went in to speak to my boss about the position the other day on my day off.
Because I did. The role had been filled though. From what I've gathered it sounds like they sacked my supervisor to make room for this other supervisor to come back, so even if I asked the second my supervisor got the sack the position would have already been filled.

However, my boss did say to hold out because there would be another opportunity very soon. But it would have to advertised and shit. Well, I was at work last night and sure enough a supervisor role is being offered. So gonna apply for it. Not sure if I'm coming across as a little too aggressive though...

"Quiet frankly, I'm nearly 26 years old and I am ready for a step up in my career. I have shown commitment to this company and you guys and just hope that you in turn can show commitment to me by giving me this opportunity."

too.. forward? ah fuck it, no pain no gain. I'm probably not gonna get it anyway for reasons stated previously.

I am excited by the opportunity to gain more experience in the plans and operations of the company so my talents can be fully utilized.

Something kissass like that.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2017, 07:54 PM
(06-04-2017 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 07:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So... regarding the supervisor role that came up for grabs. I don't remember if I told you guys or not that I went in to speak to my boss about the position the other day on my day off.

I am excited by the opportunity to gain more experience in the plans and operations of the company so my talents can be fully utilized.

Something kissass like that.

That sounds like I wanna get in deeper so I can find out the best way to job the joint. Tongue But yes point taken.

Hmmm.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2017, 07:57 PM
How about "I am excited by the opportunity to gain experience in a more senior role within the company so my talents may be more efficiently utilized."
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2017, 07:58 PM
(06-04-2017 07:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How about "I am excited by the opportunity to gain experience in a more senior role within the company so my talents may be more efficiently utilized."

"fully utilized" Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Alright now I guess I need some self promotion sort of shit. I'm hard working, awesome etc.. all that shit everybody finds awkward as fuck writing about in CVs and the likes.
06-04-2017, 08:08 PM
(06-04-2017 08:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright now I guess I need some self promotion sort of shit. I'm hard working, awesome etc.. all that shit everybody finds awkward as fuck writing about in CVs and the likes.

If you stick to stats it doesn't come across as self-aggrandizing. How many recoveries you made and how much they were worth, attendance, picked up the slack when others were off, etc. Also any fiendishly clever plans you can think of for improving security and lowering costs. They eat shit like that up.

#sigh
06-04-2017, 08:19 PM
(06-04-2017 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 08:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright now I guess I need some self promotion sort of shit. I'm hard working, awesome etc.. all that shit everybody finds awkward as fuck writing about in CVs and the likes.

If you stick to stats it doesn't come across as self-aggrandizing. How many recoveries you made and how much they were worth, attendance, picked up the slack when others were off, etc. Also any fiendishly clever plans you can think of for improving security and lowering costs. They eat shit like that up.

It's not a security supervisor position, we don't have supervisors for security. Not even 100% sure who the fuck's our manager to be honest. One of the ladies who works security full time gathers the monthly report and emails it to the regional manager, that's about it. We're sorta just left to do it all ourselves.

The role I'm going for is for leading the night fill team (well.. evening fill team).
Working stock, changing shelves, doing other changes around the store, clean up, locking up, dealing with customers etc.. etc.. all that fun shit.
06-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Alright this is the shit I got.

I would like to apply for the position blah blah.

"I work hard and have a good attention to detail. I know the job well and have good common sense. I get along well with most people and treat everyone professionally regardless. I have good customer service and feel that working security has helped me learn to deal far more professionally with all types of people. I feel this makes me ideal and the best person for this role. I am excited by the opportunity to gain experience in a more senior role within the company so my talents may be fully utilized.
I hope that you strongly consider me for this position."

Ehh rereading it it sounds shit. Scrap that.
06-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Here we go this sounds better.

"I am hard working with a good attention to detail. I know the job well and have good common sense. I get along well with people and treat everyone with respect. I have good customer service and feel that working in security has helped me learn to deal far more professionally with all types of people. I feel this makes me the ideal candidate for this role. I am excited by the opportunity to gain experience in a more senior role within the company so my talents may be fully utilized.
I hope that you strongly consider me for this position.
"
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post