Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-04-2017, 08:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-04-2017 08:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright this is the shit I got.

I would like to apply for the position blah blah.

"I work hard and have a good attention to detail. I know the job well and have good common sense. I get along well with most people and treat everyone professionally regardless. I have good customer service and feel that working security has helped me learn to deal far more professionally with all types of people. I feel this makes me ideal and the best person for this role. I am excited by the opportunity to gain experience in a more senior role within the company so my talents may be fully utilized.
I hope that you strongly consider me for this position."

Ehh rereading it it sounds shit. Scrap that.

Clean that up or they are going to question which people you don't get along with...

'all types of people' - maybe something along the lines of dealing professionally with the store's customer base - typing people may be a another opening for questions.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2017, 08:39 PM
(06-04-2017 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 08:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright this is the shit I got.

I would like to apply for the position blah blah.

"I work hard and have a good attention to detail. I know the job well and have good common sense. I get along well with most people and treat everyone professionally regardless. I have good customer service and feel that working security has helped me learn to deal far more professionally with all types of people. I feel this makes me ideal and the best person for this role. I am excited by the opportunity to gain experience in a more senior role within the company so my talents may be fully utilized.
I hope that you strongly consider me for this position."

Ehh rereading it it sounds shit. Scrap that.

Clean that up or they are going to question which people you don't get along with...

'all types of people' - maybe something along the lines of dealing professionally with the store's customer base - typing people may be a another opening for questions.

See previous post.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-04-2017, 08:41 PM
(06-04-2017 08:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Clean that up or they are going to question which people you don't get along with...

See previous post.

Looks like I was typing while you were editing and posting.

Anyway...I hope it goes well for you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2017, 08:41 PM
(06-04-2017 08:59 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Your chatterbox coworker makes me angry. Angry

Minor thing, but...does no one in my life understand the concept of Time Zones? Other day, job interview at the one place I'd leave here for, "It's at 12:15, we'll see you then! Bye!" hang up before I can go "Eastern or Central?" so had to send an email asking for clarification, since I'm in CST, not EST. This morning, a friend AGAIN, who has been told over a dozen times to stop doing this because I live in CST now, texts me when he's getting ready for his teaching job at 5:30am EST...so I get woken up by my phone's "every two minutes I beep to tell you to read your damn texts and you can't stop me without muting me" chirp going off at 4:30am my time.

Edit: Had voice mail from like midnight on office phone offering me an on campus interview. I returned it, saying specifically that I apologized but had a meeting at 12:15pm to 1:15pm Central Standard Time, so 1:15pm to 2:15pm their time. That I could take a phone call whenever, but sadly not then. Check silenced phone upon leaving advising session, 12:30pm CST missed call and voice mail from them. Facepalm

Your phone has an off button. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2017, 07:51 AM
So yeah...after playing phone tag that department chair told me to call back at 8am their time to the secretary to set up travel arrangements for a Monday interview. I've now left 3 voice mails over the first two hours of said Secretary's work day, because she doesn't seem to want to pick up her phone. I now have class for an hour, then an hour where I can try again, but then have classes and mandatory meetings I can't skip from 11am my time, through after the secretary's work day ends.

(06-04-2017 08:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 08:59 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Your chatterbox coworker makes me angry. Angry

Minor thing, but...does no one in my life understand the concept of Time Zones? Other day, job interview at the one place I'd leave here for, "It's at 12:15, we'll see you then! Bye!" hang up before I can go "Eastern or Central?" so had to send an email asking for clarification, since I'm in CST, not EST. This morning, a friend AGAIN, who has been told over a dozen times to stop doing this because I live in CST now, texts me when he's getting ready for his teaching job at 5:30am EST...so I get woken up by my phone's "every two minutes I beep to tell you to read your damn texts and you can't stop me without muting me" chirp going off at 4:30am my time.

Edit: Had voice mail from like midnight on office phone offering me an on campus interview. I returned it, saying specifically that I apologized but had a meeting at 12:15pm to 1:15pm Central Standard Time, so 1:15pm to 2:15pm their time. That I could take a phone call whenever, but sadly not then. Check silenced phone upon leaving advising session, 12:30pm CST missed call and voice mail from them. Facepalm

Your phone has an off button. Dodgy

My phone is also my alarm clock.

Need to think of a witty signature.
07-04-2017, 08:48 AM
(07-04-2017 07:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So yeah...after playing phone tag that department chair told me to call back at 8am their time to the secretary to set up travel arrangements for a Monday interview. I've now left 3 voice mails over the first two hours of said Secretary's work day, because she doesn't seem to want to pick up her phone. I now have class for an hour, then an hour where I can try again, but then have classes and mandatory meetings I can't skip from 11am my time, through after the secretary's work day ends.

(06-04-2017 08:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your phone has an off button. Dodgy

Your messaging notification has an off button. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-04-2017, 09:01 AM
(07-04-2017 08:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 07:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So yeah...after playing phone tag that department chair told me to call back at 8am their time to the secretary to set up travel arrangements for a Monday interview. I've now left 3 voice mails over the first two hours of said Secretary's work day, because she doesn't seem to want to pick up her phone. I now have class for an hour, then an hour where I can try again, but then have classes and mandatory meetings I can't skip from 11am my time, through after the secretary's work day ends.

Your messaging notification has an off button. Dodgy

You seem awfully sure of that given I don't have a smart phone...if it does, I've yet to find it, though will keep looking.

Need to think of a witty signature.
07-04-2017, 09:08 AM

(06-04-2017 08:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your phone has an off button. Dodgy

If it's an iPhone, try Do Not Disturb (in settings). Any alarms you've set sound, but all incoming alerts are silenced. I use the timer and alarm on my phone all the time with Do Not Disturb on.

Oops...just read it wasn't a smart phone.

My advice: use a different device to wake up. Old school alarm clock?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-04-2017, 09:44 AM
(07-04-2017 09:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 08:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your messaging notification has an off button. Dodgy

You seem awfully sure of that given I don't have a smart phone...if it does, I've yet to find it, though will keep looking.

Turn it off and back on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-04-2017, 09:49 AM
I have a Stone Age phone, Shai. Mine has a ringer setting for "Alarms Only" that way texts or phone calls won't ding my phone during the night. Problem is, I have a bad habit of keeping the phone set on "Alarms Only" and then people get agitated when I don't answer the phone or reply to my texts. Hobo Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post