Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-04-2017, 06:25 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Just once...could you hold the dogs still enough that I can administer meds or trim nails without wimping out and thinking you are hurting them? That was $22.00 worth of medication that didn't get where it needed to be. Angry

If you can't help at least don't be a hindrance. FUCK!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2017, 07:13 PM
First Barnes and Noble takes away all the comfy chairs. Now every 30 seconds an employee confronts me to ask if I "need help finding anything." I'm standing here with a book under one arm, and I'm paging through another book, and I have turned my body away from you so that we are not making eye contact: do I really look like I need any fucking help finding anything?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-04-2017, 07:26 PM
I wanna be happy, but I keep thinking about saving the earth from the sun in 1 billion years.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2017, 05:43 AM
(07-04-2017 07:13 PM)julep Wrote:  First Barnes and Noble takes away all the comfy chairs. Now every 30 seconds an employee confronts me to ask if I "need help finding anything." I'm standing here with a book under one arm, and I'm paging through another book, and I have turned my body away from you so that we are not making eye contact: do I really look like I need any fucking help finding anything?

Look at it from their point of view for a second. They work in a book store.
That shits gotta be boring as fuck. And that's coming from someone who primarily works security, the watching the cameras kind not the walking around some shady government blacklist building with a pair of German Shepards kind.

[Image: user_25134_KFSNWKQ9.gif]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-04-2017, 06:35 AM
(08-04-2017 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 07:13 PM)julep Wrote:  First Barnes and Noble takes away all the comfy chairs. Now every 30 seconds an employee confronts me to ask if I "need help finding anything." I'm standing here with a book under one arm, and I'm paging through another book, and I have turned my body away from you so that we are not making eye contact: do I really look like I need any fucking help finding anything?

Look at it from their point of view for a second. They work in a book store.
That shits gotta be boring as fuck. And that's coming from someone who primarily works security, the watching the cameras kind not the walking around some shady government blacklist building with a pair of German Shepards kind.

[Image: user_25134_KFSNWKQ9.gif]

It's some sort of new management policy from the past 4-5 months. I sympathize with them for having to implement a fucked-up policy. I've had to do that. I sympathize with people stuck in telemarketing jobs, too...nevertheless, I don't want to have to "no" my way through their scripts.

I spend a lot of time in bookstores, including B&N, and it used to be I could stay there for as long as it took for my kid to want to leave (30, 40 minutes) and not have any interactions except at the cash register. There's a help desk in the middle of the floor for anybody who needs it. Now you get greeted as you walk in the door (I can deal with that) and then nobody's at the help desk, they're all prowling around the store, waiting to pounce...my guess is that they have to hit some horrible daily quota of interrupted customers.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
08-04-2017, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 11:50 AM by kim.)
Hm. Gotta feeling Jack wants to Hammer out some Shirina law.
Or maybe not. We'll see. Hope it turns out differently ... seems to have a decent vocabulary, so far.
Hope it doesn't taste like clown chicken. I'm so often relieved to be vegetarian. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Well at least our power is back on....that's something right?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-04-2017, 12:40 PM
(08-04-2017 12:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well at least our power is back on....that's something right?

> Mom, how many boys do you have? Any daughters?
08-04-2017, 01:52 PM
(08-04-2017 12:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 12:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well at least our power is back on....that's something right?

> Mom, how many boys do you have? Any daughters?

If you read the subtitle under her username, you can tell she doesn't have kids. Her "boys" are something else Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-04-2017, 03:10 PM
My lack of organization skills is kicking my ass today.

The man brought his mom's curio cabinet...OMG what a cluster to move....

Anyway, I wanted to put a wedding gift we'd gotten years ago...

I can't find it. I know where it was last in this house....but I truly cannot find it now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces