Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-04-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I'm so tired, I'm not ready for the day to begin.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-04-2017, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017 09:49 AM by Shai Hulud.)
[Image: Md1laHa.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-04-2017, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017 09:55 AM by Vera.)
Oh, Momsby, I so know the feeling (how I spend most my days home (granted, I do go to bed around 3-4 am, but still...) Hug

Oops-ey, seems like you deleted your post after I quoted it. Do want me to delete the quoted bits, too?

(14-04-2017 09:13 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm with you, avoid pictures of self like the plague as well for not liking myself. Hate brushing my teeth and shaving in the mirror each day for the same reason (though still do them obviously, for grooming and health). Your Landlady and Julep's landlord (more him than yours) both sound very...creepy. For lack of a better term. Then again, you pointed out, even with the travels it would be at least more understandable perhaps, but still kinda offputting...I'd find it such as well, but then again, I've not changed my Facebook profile picture for over a year.

Two-year-old profile pic over here Wink Yeah, I don't get people who change their profile picture every other week. Especially if it's basically the same photo. What the?

Luckily, most my facebook friends don't have kids, but I so know the type. And no, I do not care your spawn just crapped by the roadside and I certainly do not want to see his bare, 4-year-old bottom (true story, even if friend of a friend)

I do feel your pain about the shaving though. I hate mirrors with a passion (if they (well, my mug, really) catch me unawares, they literally startle me Yes

Quote:The poem was...kinda depressing really.

It's sad, but I love this song. I'd want it sung at my funeral... that is, if I wanted to be buried (I don't - I want some (hotness optional but preferable Wink) scientist poking and prodding at my body after I'm gone. Or before, for that matter Big Grin

Quote:I know that in the Forum Pic thread I sometimes feel the same way, and have found myself pondering if I am indeed the ugliest male on TTA (especially compared to the Founder.).

Please! Very few people are ugly and even ugly people can be still be attractive (I used to have the hots for Willem Dafoe when I was much younger (and much less wise Rolleyes ) And Seth Andrews? Is he handsome? I think he's a normal looking guy.

(I wrote my thesis paper on beauty, btw. And. You might enjoy this great story by the brilliant Ted Chiang

(This said, at my worst moments, I was/am afraid if people got too close, they would be repulsed. Luckily, a) I realise it's probably a form of body dysmorphic disorder and b) living in Portugal and Brazil kinda cured me a bit, at least from not letting people come too near - they firmly insist on giving you a hug and a kiss every time you meet... and frankly, I like it a lot, my real or imaginary repulsiveness be damned Blush

Quote:Oy, that does not sound fun from the publisher! Hope your mood gets better, without having to resort to burning someone's annotations in effigy.

Sadly, the annotations are just the rotten cherry on top of a miserable, self-pitying cake. But I should finish them today. Plus, I'm having lunch at a Peruvian (first time for me!) restaurant in about half an hour, meeting some new people. Might be fun. Or not Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-04-2017, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017 11:30 AM by Shai Hulud.)
(And it ate my reply again. Will try after work I guess and on home laptop, not Firefox or Chrome on work PC). Edit, will imgur work with this in Word?
[Image: T9vBZpj.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-04-2017, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017 11:53 AM by Chas.)
(13-04-2017 05:43 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm getting all emotional about the Triduum too

Why? Consider

No, seriously, why?

I came to TTA to get away from stupid shit like that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Ugh. Why did I even reluctantly tell the new idiot that I would cover her today? Now, I have to eat early so, I can go in early so, I can get hungry earlier than I usually do, later. Bummer. Better hit the liquor store now. It won't be open when I'm finally free in the middle of the night. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-04-2017, 02:25 PM
(14-04-2017 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Ugh. Why did I even reluctantly tell the new idiot that I would cover her today? Now, I have to eat early so, I can go in early so, I can get hungry earlier than I usually do, later. Bummer. Better hit the liquor store now. It won't be open when I'm finally free in the middle of the night. Drinking Beverage

Pick it up between deliveries. Might as well have a nip or two while you're at it. Wait, they don't GPS-track you do they?

#sigh
14-04-2017, 02:28 PM
(14-04-2017 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Ugh. Why did I even reluctantly tell the new idiot that I would cover her today? Now, I have to eat early so, I can go in early so, I can get hungry earlier than I usually do, later. Bummer. Better hit the liquor store now. It won't be open when I'm finally free in the middle of the night. Drinking Beverage

Pick it up between deliveries. Might as well have a nip or two while you're at it. Wait, they don't GPS-track you do they?

They know everywhere I go. They know when I'm backing up. They know when the bulkhead door is opened. They know when I have or haven't buckled the belt... yes, even my ass is wired.

Because I'm a trusted employee. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-04-2017, 02:32 PM
(14-04-2017 02:28 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pick it up between deliveries. Might as well have a nip or two while you're at it. Wait, they don't GPS-track you do they?

They know everywhere I go. They know when I'm backing up. They know when the bulkhead door is opened. They know when I have or haven't buckled the belt... yes, even my ass is wired.

Because I'm a trusted employee. Dodgy

At least SkyNet won't be a shock.

#sigh
14-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Let's see if this posts...despite the network issues.
(14-04-2017 11:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why? Consider
No, seriously, why?
I came to TTA to get away from stupid shit like that.

Sorry to make you experience it here, then. And because, despite what many more Traditionalist Catholics believe (and student flipping out on me for not acknowledging Good Friday at first, believes), I am Catholic. I may not be all "Woo I'm filled with the fire of God and going to work Jesus into every conversation ever" Evangelical, but I still have that small flickering flame of faith, at least most of the time.

Because you're a good person.