Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-04-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-04-2017 10:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 09:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  You OK? Hug

Yeah, people are just so disappointing.

Those who don't matter don't disappoint. Those who matter the most are the ones with the ability to disappoint the most.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Surely will have something rant-worthy eventually, but for now, nice day. It's gorgeous out, took a walk before coming into campus. Now I'm just grading stuff online that I couldn't reach yesterday on campus due to our network problems.
(14-04-2017 09:04 PM)Vera Wrote:  It was surprisingly tasty Yes

It reads like it might be delicious. Not a big drinker personally, but usually if it ends in 'sour' I'm rather game. Whiskey sours, amaretto sours, etc. Must admit to being a bit juvenile, but laughing far too...hard...at Jimmy Glass Cock more than the other two and could see how it could be a good relief from get angrier and angrier.

Excellent quote by Butler! Though depressing and rather spot on. Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 09:47 AM
(15-04-2017 07:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 10:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, people are just so disappointing.

Those who don't matter don't disappoint. Those who matter the most are the ones with the ability to disappoint the most.

I almost had a 22 year old on my sofa last night, his parents tossed him out because he told them he was an non-believer.

I don't know the kid really well, he's a friend of my son's. I don't know his parents at all. My son said they might be JWs. I just don't understand how people can do that. It shouldn't surprise me either, I've been around here now long now?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2017, 09:51 AM
(15-04-2017 09:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 07:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Those who don't matter don't disappoint. Those who matter the most are the ones with the ability to disappoint the most.

I almost had a 22 year old on my sofa last night, his parents tossed him out because he told them he was an non-believer.

I don't know the kid really well, he's a friend of my son's. I don't know his parents at all. My son said they might be JWs. I just don't understand how people can do that. It shouldn't surprise me either, I've been around here now long now?

I took in a lot of kids who had parents who quit parenting for one reason or another. No one ever told me that was an option.

It's the 'real' parents who step up and step in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2017, 09:53 AM
(15-04-2017 09:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 07:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Those who don't matter don't disappoint. Those who matter the most are the ones with the ability to disappoint the most.

Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 10:15 AM by Vera.)
(15-04-2017 09:17 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It reads like it might be delicious. Not a big drinker personally, but usually if it ends in 'sour' I'm rather game. Whiskey sours, amaretto sours, etc. Must admit to being a bit juvenile, but laughing far too...hard...at Jimmy Glass Cock more than the other two and could see how it could be a good relief from get angrier and angrier.

Excellent quote by Butler! Though depressing and rather spot on. Sad

Which is why I prefer the classic caipirinha (with lime and sugar, but not too much sugar. Oh, and the passion fruit one. Love this fruit so much... and you can't get in Bulgaria for love nor money. It's also on the tarty, sour-y side (my favourite kind. Rolleyes ) and is just perfect!

[Image: e773a2553562ee326ee3f767e93b855f.jpg]

(Wasn't much of a drinker before I came to Brazil the first time (enough heavy drinkers around me to put me off it for a long long time). Found out it helps shut up my annoying, noisy, overly anxious and obsessive, roler-coaster of brain for a bit, and now really like it (and myself when I've had a drink. Rolleyes )

Yeah, that glasscock bit is priceless and Alan Davies is the cutest. You might enjoy this one too, then. I love their reaction - it's the first episode and no one's quite sure whether they should laugh or not. Laugh out load

But QI is great - intelligent and funny, and witty, with my favourite type of weird, sometimes rather absurd wit and humour. Love it to bits. Only, makes me miss having people like this in my real life Sadcryface

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-04-2017, 10:10 AM
(15-04-2017 09:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 09:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I almost had a 22 year old on my sofa last night, his parents tossed him out because he told them he was an non-believer.

I took in a lot of kids who had parents who quit parenting for one reason or another. No one ever told me that was an option.

That's where the disappointment comes in. How can anyone just stop being a parent?

I don't get that part. Anyway he's staying with his girlfriend, his parents did cut off his phone, and we happen to have an extra line that not really being used (it used to be mil's phone and we gave it to the younger kid). It's a dumb phone but he can make calls and with effort send a text.

So, I offered that phone, until he can get stuff sorted.

The guest room is a disaster, but I could probably get it organized enough if needed. We do have someone visiting from cali in a couple weeks...so it really needs to be done anyway.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2017, 10:13 AM
(15-04-2017 10:05 AM)Vera Wrote:  Oh, and the passion fruit one. Love this fruit so much...

Passion fruit ice cream Drooling

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-04-2017, 10:16 AM
(15-04-2017 10:10 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 09:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I took in a lot of kids who had parents who quit parenting for one reason or another. No one ever told me that was an option.

That's where the disappointment comes in. How can anyone just stop being a parent?

I don't get that part. Anyway he's staying with his girlfriend, his parents did cut off his phone, and we happen to have an extra line that not really being used (it used to be mil's phone and we gave it to the younger kid). It's a dumb phone but he can make calls and with effort send a text.

So, I offered that phone, until he can get stuff sorted.

The guest room is a disaster, but I could probably get it organized enough if needed. We do have someone visiting from cali in a couple weeks...so it really needs to be done anyway.

This example right here is what put me over the edge, the hypocrisy of theists knows no bounds...none.

Here they are celebrating their man-god for sacrificing himself to save them “for they know not what they do” then turn around and kick their child out into the streets. Fucking failures as parents. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
15-04-2017, 10:17 AM
And passion fruit mousse, FC!

Passion fruit anything, really! Heart

[Image: mousse-de-maracuja_eb.jpg]

Love it possibly as much as I love mulberries (and them, I have a sentimental, reminds-me-of-my-childhood reason to love. Besides being utterly delish, of course)

(Also, I hate the word delish. Not sure why I even used it Consider )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."