Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-04-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Feels like someone poured molten gold into my throat. And my wife is sicker, so I get to make dinner today. My middle son, who does not live with us, isn't going to come over to visit sick people. I don't blame him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2017, 11:12 AM
(16-04-2017 10:55 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Feels like someone poured molten gold into my throat. And my wife is sicker, so I get to make dinner today. My middle son, who does not live with us, isn't going to come over to visit sick people. I don't blame him.

Awwwww...feel better.

Hug

One year I completely missed Christmas. I was sick in bed. That totally sucked because we were going to make prime rib and had the inlaws over.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-04-2017, 11:14 AM
(15-04-2017 09:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My Facebook feed this evening is ALL EASTER, ALL THE TIME. Sad Also on the radio on the way home, the DJ was gushing about the Case for Christ film, and how it was such an amazing and good story, and could you believe Strobel had been an atheist? She stressed the word atheist.

I'm tempted, since I'm still awake, to go to the last showing of the night in an hour, to get going to it, over with, given my masochistic desire to watch bad Christian cinema. Edit: I saw Case for Christ. I now need Vera's Piscio Sour from earlier in the thread.

You need new friends. Tongue

Want to add a heathen to your Facebook? Angel

Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-04-2017, 11:15 AM
(16-04-2017 10:55 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Feels like someone poured molten gold into my throat. And my wife is sicker, so I get to make dinner today. My middle son, who does not live with us, isn't going to come over to visit sick people. I don't blame him.

Do you two have strep or the flu? Have you had this checked out?

Might not be a bad idea to see a doctor.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Sorry to hear you're both sick.

Me too; some throat thing seems to be going around up here, and I've got it.
16-04-2017, 12:00 PM
I guess my dynamic on fb has shifted.

My fb feed only contained two people going on about his rising.

I guess, I can safely say that I did a good thing by just unfollowing the zealots.

I'm sure, since they've been quiet on fb, they too have unfollowed me.

16-04-2017, 12:18 PM
(16-04-2017 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Do you two have strep or the flu? Have you had this checked out?

Might not be a bad idea to see a doctor.

My wife doesn't have strep throat, though she is taking antibiotics because the disease went into her lungs. At the first sign of burning in my throat I gargled hydrogen peroxide with a warm salt water rinse. It's day three; the pain is going down, and I have a dry unproductive cough. Last Sunday my wife couldn't even do laundry without help, so there was no way that I was going to let her drive in that condition. In fact, she ended up seeing the doctor Monday, and missed a whole week of work. It's not the flu, I have no aches to go with it.
16-04-2017, 12:29 PM
(16-04-2017 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess my dynamic on fb has shifted.

I guess, I can safely say that I did a good thing by just unfollowing the zealots.

There are a couple 'Happy Easters' and lots of pictures of kids with Easter baskets and people in their church finery...but not much preachiness. I guess I used my own ban hammer fairly effectively. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-04-2017, 12:39 PM
(16-04-2017 12:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess my dynamic on fb has shifted.

There are a couple 'Happy Easters' and lots of pictures of kids with Easter baskets and people in their church finery...but not much preachiness. I guess I used my own ban hammer fairly effectively. Thumbsup

I did get one of those family photo things. And some pictures of cute babies. Yada yada...

I was also mildly surprised how many people "liked" my Good Friday gaff.

I guess people's love of Monty Python is greater than I imagined. Consider

16-04-2017, 12:55 PM
I don't know if this will count as a proper rant but I just had a lovely conversation with my MIL.

I needed tea so I sent my husband to get me some. He was gone for what felt like forever so I went to investigate.
He was apparently arguing with his mother. He simply said "happy easter" to her and she flipped out on him because he's an atheist.

>-< Ugh. When I went down I got this gem of a comment though...

"Christianity isn't a religion it's a means to live your every day life!"

Now, I'm going to drink my tea. XD
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post