Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-04-2017, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 01:54 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Ranting corner
Hope you feel better soon Fireball! Hug

(16-04-2017 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess my dynamic on fb has shifted.

My fb feed only contained two people going on about his rising.

I guess, I can safely say that I did a good thing by just unfollowing the zealots.

I'm sure, since they've been quiet on fb, they too have unfollowed me.

Can we trade? This was the first thing on my feed today:
[Image: 0Um62ZQ.png]
(16-04-2017 12:55 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I don't know if this will count as a proper rant but I just had a lovely conversation with my MIL.

I needed tea so I sent my husband to get me some. He was gone for what felt like forever so I went to investigate.
He was apparently arguing with his mother. He simply said "happy easter" to her and she flipped out on him because he's an atheist.

>-< Ugh. When I went down I got this gem of a comment though...

"Christianity isn't a religion it's a means to live your every day life!"

Now, I'm going to drink my tea. XD

Is your MiL also one of those people who rants when people say "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Because now after yelling at your husband for saying "Happy Easter" as an atheist, I'm imagining her going, "YOU CAN'T SAY HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" "Merry Christmas then, mom?" "THAT'S OUR WORD! ATHEISTS CAN'T SAY CHRISTMAS!" "So uh...what am I supposed to do?"

(16-04-2017 11:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 09:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My Facebook feed this evening is ALL EASTER, ALL THE TIME. Sad Also on the radio on the way home, the DJ was gushing about the Case for Christ film, and how it was such an amazing and good story, and could you believe Strobel had been an atheist? She stressed the word atheist.

I'm tempted, since I'm still awake, to go to the last showing of the night in an hour, to get going to it, over with, given my masochistic desire to watch bad Christian cinema. Edit: I saw Case for Christ. I now need Vera's Piscio Sour from earlier in the thread.

You need new friends. Tongue

Want to add a heathen to your Facebook? Angel

Evil_monster

Already have quite a few, but sure. Tongue

Edit: Image should work now.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2017, 01:08 PM
(16-04-2017 01:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hope you feel better soon Fireball! Hug

(16-04-2017 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess my dynamic on fb has shifted.

My fb feed only contained two people going on about his rising.

I guess, I can safely say that I did a good thing by just unfollowing the zealots.

I'm sure, since they've been quiet on fb, they too have unfollowed me.

http://i.imgur.com/0Um62ZQ.png
(16-04-2017 12:55 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I don't know if this will count as a proper rant but I just had a lovely conversation with my MIL.

I needed tea so I sent my husband to get me some. He was gone for what felt like forever so I went to investigate.
He was apparently arguing with his mother. He simply said "happy easter" to her and she flipped out on him because he's an atheist.

>-< Ugh. When I went down I got this gem of a comment though...

"Christianity isn't a religion it's a means to live your every day life!"

Now, I'm going to drink my tea. XD

Is your MiL also one of those people who rants when people say "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Because now after yelling at your husband for saying "Happy Easter" as an atheist, I'm imagining her going, "YOU CAN'T SAY HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" "Merry Christmas then, mom?" "THAT'S OUR WORD! ATHEISTS CAN'T SAY CHRISTMAS!" "So uh...what am I supposed to do?"

(16-04-2017 11:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You need new friends. Tongue

Want to add a heathen to your Facebook? Angel

Evil_monster

XD No, but I think she's pissy because she can't accept that her child is a devil-worshipping-baby-eater.

He's been an atheist longer than I've known him and she still thinks I did it to him. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post
16-04-2017, 01:45 PM
(16-04-2017 01:08 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  

XD No, but I think she's pissy because she can't accept that her child is a devil-worshipping-baby-eater.

He's been an atheist longer than I've known him and she still thinks I did it to him. Drinking Beverage

Well that's kinda sad... Sad That she blames you I mean. Though part of me is laughing at the whole "flirt to deconvert" thing as an idea, rather than "flirt to convert" (which I've heard used entirely as a "Jesus would want me to" type thing.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2017, 01:50 PM
(16-04-2017 01:08 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  

I get that. My husband was more or less atheist when I was struggling with my faith. He wasn't pushy about it. We didn't really discuss it a lot.

He didn't care if I believed or not...then he briefly went back. I think he felt he was missing something. It took him a few years to remember why he really didn't believe. Now it should be said he was a cradle catholic, so he wasn't hugely taught a lot about bible as a thing. It was easy for him dismiss it or not know much about it. His mom went back and forth, but his dad was the real true believer.

It is kinda funny, his mom later lost all her belief -- when she began dating after fil's death...

Well actually before that, when she got involved in a church close to her house. She wanted something to do. They did stuff...

Then they began asking for her money. The asking switched to demands...shit like god brought her to the church and she should support it. They wanted her to "join" their church and be baptized. She was like 'no one is getting my hair wet and messing it up.'

Later they called her out from the pulpit that she personally wasn't doing enough she walked out in the middle of the service.

She told us all about it when we were talking about what she wanted when she died. No notice in the paper, no people, no service, no ministers or priests....in fact Hospice noted that they should only keep things secular with her too. We didn't know about that either.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-04-2017, 02:03 PM
(16-04-2017 01:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 01:08 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  XD No, but I think she's pissy because she can't accept that her child is a devil-worshipping-baby-eater.

I get that. My husband was more or less atheist when I was struggling with my faith. He wasn't pushy about it. We didn't really discuss it a lot.

He didn't care if I believed or not...then he briefly went back. I think he felt he was missing something. It took him a few years to remember why he really didn't believe. Now it should be said he was a cradle catholic, so he wasn't hugely taught a lot about bible as a thing. It was easy for him dismiss it or not know much about it. His mom went back and forth, but his dad was the real true believer.

It is kinda funny, his mom later lost all her belief -- when she began dating after fil's death...

Well actually before that, when she got involved in a church close to her house. She wanted something to do. They did stuff...

Then they began asking for her money. The asking switched to demands...shit like god brought her to the church and she should support it. They wanted her to "join" their church and be baptized. She was like 'no one is getting my hair wet and messing it up.'

Later they called her out from the pulpit that she personally wasn't doing enough she walked out in the middle of the service.

She told us all about it when we were talking about what she wanted when she died. No notice in the paper, no people, no service, no ministers or priests....in fact Hospice noted that they should only keep things secular with her too. We didn't know about that either.

Your MiL sounds awesome. Smile

I imagine you guys can all have blasphemous holidays together. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
16-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Fuck everybody. Everybody's a fucking liar and a cheat.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-04-2017, 07:31 PM

This is why it's better to be all alone, if you can manage it

16-04-2017, 07:48 PM
I've got a fucking sign on my face that says "Please lie to me and take advantage of me" apparently.

16-04-2017, 07:56 PM

16-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Guy (former workplace guy) texts me - needs advice. I text: what's up? He tries to call me. WTF? I'm in a cinema waiting for the film to start - I text this and he asks to talk sometime. I say at 8:45 the movie should be over.
Film is over at 8:30 and I get home - get settled - nearly 9:30 now and no text or call from this guy. Must not have been important, right? He's the one who wants to talk so, he needs to call.
I really don't need drama in my life and uh ... this guy is prone to drama. If this idiot calls at midnight, he can go fuck himself and get his advice elsewhere.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein