Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-04-2017, 08:30 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Who's a big boy now? Muffsy, my friend, what the hell happened to you while I was gone from this place? Look at you, all mature, and reasonable and stuff Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
17-04-2017, 09:07 AM
The walls came up on their own. I can't help that. And I can't bring them down now. I won't apologize for my brain erecting a barrier to protect myself from further pain.

Find all posts by this user
17-04-2017, 09:52 AM
(17-04-2017 09:07 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  The walls came up on their own. I can't help that. And I can't bring them down now. I won't apologize for my brain erecting a barrier to protect myself from further pain.

Perhaps it would help to look at it from a different perspective, that being that kids lying to their parents is actually quite normal, my old dad used to say part of being a youngster is lying to your parents and part of being a parent is getting lied to.
I don't mean to offend you in any way EA, but don't you think its a little unrealistic to expect your youngsters never to lie ? After all there isn't a person on the planet (except for newborns) who hasn't told a lie of some sort during the course of their life. Honesty is a great attribute to foster in a child but due to our very human nature it has to be progress not perfection.
I hope you find resolution and peace I'm sending hugs your way Hug
17-04-2017, 09:57 AM
So I should just get used to being lied to and be okay with it. Okay.

17-04-2017, 09:59 AM
She can lie to me. Fine. But don't expect me to be alright with it or to still interact with her in the same way. A wall is there now. Trust is broken.

17-04-2017, 10:00 AM
I can't keep opening myself up to pain. Maybe the rest of you are tougher than me.

17-04-2017, 10:17 AM
(17-04-2017 10:00 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I can't keep opening myself up to pain. Maybe the rest of you are tougher than me.

Nooo, I'm not tough at all I'm frequently hypersensitive and anxious about all manner of things. You have every right to feel disappointed with your daughter right now and its definitely not ok she lied to you and perhaps the lie is such that there need to be consequences, but is it proportional to just bring the shutters down? There needs to be an avenue open for reconciliation and the gradual rebuilding of trust, I had to do that with my two boys and they had to do it with me, it wasn't easy but boy, was it worth it.
17-04-2017, 10:19 AM
There is no avenue. Or if there is, I can't see it.

17-04-2017, 10:21 AM
I thought there was no avenue with my mom after she hurt me badly when I was a teenager, but within the last year, she sent me a card that happened to say exactly the right thing. But that was ten years later.

17-04-2017, 10:34 AM
(17-04-2017 10:21 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I thought there was no avenue with my mom after she hurt me badly when I was a teenager, but within the last year, she sent me a card that happened to say exactly the right thing. But that was ten years later.

Don't let it be ten years later in your daughters case, if necessary hit that avenue with a weed wacker and plough on through.
I can tell you are really hurting over this, I only wish I could make you a nice cup of tea and give you a friendship hug in person. Hang on in there Smile regards Adey
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post