Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-04-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-04-2017 08:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 07:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Waffles.

I know I know. But that's part of the reason why I'm so fucked off. I mean I didn't actually want the job in the sense that I like doing it. I wanted the job because it would be a significant step forward in achieving my goals. Instead I continue to stagnate. My eyes are always on the prize, it just keeps getting further and further away ya know. And it's other things as well that just compound it all. Things I can't do anything about no matter how much I wished I could. It's just getting increasingly harder to keep things together. I was so sure it was gonna be my time this time, it was basically a sure thing. But nope. At what point do I just say fuck it?

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Angel
Actively begin looking for employment elsewhere. Put out feelers and applications - if for no other reason than to see what is out there. You might find somewhere that's a good fit with more promising mobility. Also, New experience means more experience and that looks fantastic on a resume.

If you do find something agreeable, your current employer need never know until you are established in your new job and give your week's notice. If asked why you are leaving, just be honest and say you saw no upward movement there.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-04-2017, 11:56 AM
And then tell them they are ass raping butt monkeys who need to go fuck themselves. Yes
20-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Because of my Tuesday night chess club, I didn't get enough sleep Tuesday night (this happens every week). So I went to bed a bit early last night. For some reason, I woke up around 3 AM (I normally get up at 6 AM or thereabouts), and was never able to get back to sleep. I kept thinking "I should just get up and do something" -- but no, I just laid in bed until 6.

So not only am I still sleep-deprived, but I also wasted 3 hours that I could have used for something productive. Bah!
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Oh my God the student who is the only reason I came in today didn't fucking show... Angry

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-04-2017, 02:32 PM
(20-04-2017 12:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh my God the student who is the only reason I came in today didn't fucking show... Angry

Tell her to come in tomorrow and I'll plough her, I have noo morals Laugh out load Tongue
20-04-2017, 03:21 PM
(20-04-2017 02:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 12:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh my God the student who is the only reason I came in today didn't fucking show... Angry

Tell her to come in tomorrow and I'll plough her, I have noo morals Laugh out load Tongue

Him. Tongue Now you may be less interested? (If not, no judgment.)

21-04-2017, 12:40 AM
(20-04-2017 09:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 08:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I know I know. But that's part of the reason why I'm so fucked off. I mean I didn't actually want the job in the sense that I like doing it. I wanted the job because it would be a significant step forward in achieving my goals. Instead I continue to stagnate. My eyes are always on the prize, it just keeps getting further and further away ya know. And it's other things as well that just compound it all. Things I can't do anything about no matter how much I wished I could. It's just getting increasingly harder to keep things together. I was so sure it was gonna be my time this time, it was basically a sure thing. But nope. At what point do I just say fuck it?

I've been where you are now and it fucking sucks and if you're not careful it can be quite destructive to your self esteem, I found I kinda lost confidence in myself and started to believe I was no good, its a horrible feeling, I hope you can weather the storm, perhaps you should consider a move if that's at all possible. A virtual hug to you mate. Hug

I think it's literally impossible to lower my self esteem. It's one of the perks of being a narcissist, you don't have self esteem issues. There's no reason this should be a hit to my self esteem anyway, I know I'm clearly the best person for the job the reason I'm not gonna get it isn't because I'm not good enough it's because I don't smoke with management and in regards to that I'll get the last laugh when they all die of lung cancer.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-04-2017, 03:10 AM
(20-04-2017 03:21 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 02:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Tell her to come in tomorrow and I'll plough her, I have noo morals Laugh out load Tongue

Him. Tongue Now you may be less interested? (If not, no judgment.)

Mmm on second thoughts, not for me, I'm strictly a boobs and pussy sort of guy. Consider
21-04-2017, 07:08 AM
(21-04-2017 03:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 03:21 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Him. Tongue Now you may be less interested? (If not, no judgment.)

Mmm on second thoughts, not for me, I'm strictly a boobs and pussy sort of guy. Consider

Thought so, but didn't want to assume and and make an ass of u and me. Wink

Also not very in the spirit of the Ranting thread, but holy cow I feel fortunate right now compared to coworker. He was sick on Wednesday, so dropped by his office to see if he was doing okay. He has over a foot of stacked papers to grade.

21-04-2017, 07:29 AM
(20-04-2017 11:18 AM)kim Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 08:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I know I know. But that's part of the reason why I'm so fucked off. I mean I didn't actually want the job in the sense that I like doing it. I wanted the job because it would be a significant step forward in achieving my goals. Instead I continue to stagnate. My eyes are always on the prize, it just keeps getting further and further away ya know. And it's other things as well that just compound it all. Things I can't do anything about no matter how much I wished I could. It's just getting increasingly harder to keep things together. I was so sure it was gonna be my time this time, it was basically a sure thing. But nope. At what point do I just say fuck it?

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Angel
Actively begin looking for employment elsewhere. Put out feelers and applications - if for no other reason than to see what is out there. You might find somewhere that's a good fit with more promising mobility. Also, New experience means more experience and that looks fantastic on a resume.

If you do find something agreeable, your current employer need never know until you are established in your new job and give your week's notice. If asked why you are leaving, just be honest and say you saw no upward movement there.

Re this: I work in IT support. My last job was also in support.

Via my old job I'd progressed as far as I could, but was treated like dirt. You ask for a pay rise, they tell you [despite being a large company] that there isn't enough money, and that its the same in the outside world. It drove me to tears, and contributed a lot to my current anxiety issues. I was in a deep hole thinking "I have no qualifications [I didn't seek higher education as a teen] / little experience and no skills/all decent jobs are train journeys away, what am I going to do?".

So, I started looking for literally anything else I could do. Sent the feelers out to friends and family, along with CV's to all agencys etc. In the end one of my "feelers" had come back, and it was a friend of a friend. He worked locally at a different IT company, [much smaller], and they had an opening.

I went down there, did the interview.....and got hired. Generally, the job I have now is 98% LESS stress, more engaging and it pays more, which considering the size of the companies (old job was a HUGE organisation) it's mental.

the TL;DR version is - keep going, learn as much as you can, jump on any potential free training you can get, and rely on what you know. Experience counts for way more than fresh out of university diploma's, in some cases.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup