Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-04-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: Ranting corner
The group I'm in for a project in a class was supposed to be in the library at 12 today.

At 12:07 I texted them to make sure I had the time right.

at 12:41 at got a text from one member saying it's up to the other two. Then another pipes up to say she wants to come at one, and another says she isn't coming if another isn't and this is all so stupid!

We all agreed on this time, nearly a week ago! That's not the way meetings work, you don't set a time and then nearly an hour past when it was supposed to happen reevaluate whether or not you want to come!

I've been sitting here ready to work for nearly an hour and these people are debating whether or not to come!

Now one of them wants to meet on Sunday.

FUCK ALL OF THESE PEOPLE! Angry

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
22-04-2017, 11:22 AM
(22-04-2017 10:57 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  The group I'm in for a project in a class was supposed to be in the library at 12 today.

at 12:41 at got a text from one member saying it's up to the other two. Then another pipes up to say she wants to come at one, and another says she isn't coming if another isn't and this is all so stupid!

We all agreed on this time, nearly a week ago! That's not the way meetings work, you don't set a time and then nearly an hour past when it was supposed to happen reevaluate whether or not you want to come!

I've been sitting here ready to work for nearly an hour and these people are debating whether or not to come!

Do as much work on your own as is possible write down and record with dates and times conversations you have had and excuses you have been given, this will show you have been willing and able to complete the assignment inspite of opposition/ lack of commitment. Don't be in any way responsible for getting an F due to your group not being cohesive. Good luck bud. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-04-2017, 11:26 AM
What he said. This is why I don't give group work (and then it's a nightmare trying to come up with a way to judge who did how much or to have people self report accurately on one another).

(That and once in a Journalism class, my group was doing nothing, not replying to emails, phone calls, etc. Just like you're experiencing now. Ended up going to the person teaching and complaining, asking if I could do my own project alone. "Well they've been telling me how you're not pulling your weight, so if you want to, you can." and she smirked at me, sure I'd fail. My presentation was the maximum allowed time/full 20 minutes, included full sized posters I had printed up for Breaking News segment, etc. They stammered through 5 out of the required minimum 10 minutes of their presentation.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2017, 11:38 AM
(22-04-2017 10:57 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  The group I'm in for a project in a class was supposed to be in the library at 12 today.

I hate group projects for school. I thought they were bad in high school but found out when I went back to school a few years ago that they aren't any better now.

One class I had we (three of us) were supposed to go to a local police station and talk to an officer there and hopefully have a tour. My co-students sent me a text at 11 in morning saying they were going to the police station in half an hour. I wasn't allowed to have my phone on during work due to the confidential nature of the work I was doing (couldn't have a camera around). Of course they didn't work so it didn't occur to them that someone else might not be able to just up and go to a meeting. I called and set my own interview and tour and let the professor know why. It turned out okay but others didn't. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Gawdamit, neighbor, I know it's 1:30 in the afternoon, but you think you could actually get on that dirt bike, and drive the fuck off, please! Angry You know, so the sound of your pointless high revving fades away. Angry I'll hold your annoying pills till you get back.

fuckin cockpimple!1!!11!

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
22-04-2017, 03:58 PM
(22-04-2017 11:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Do as much work on your own as is possible write down and record with dates and times conversations you have had and excuses you have been given, this will show you have been willing and able to complete the assignment inspite of opposition/ lack of commitment. Don't be in any way responsible for getting an F due to your group not being cohesive. Good luck bud. Smile

(22-04-2017 11:26 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  What he said. This is why I don't give group work (and then it's a nightmare trying to come up with a way to judge who did how much or to have people self report accurately on one another).

(That and once in a Journalism class, my group was doing nothing, not replying to emails, phone calls, etc. Just like you're experiencing now. Ended up going to the person teaching and complaining, asking if I could do my own project alone. "Well they've been telling me how you're not pulling your weight, so if you want to, you can." and she smirked at me, sure I'd fail. My presentation was the maximum allowed time/full 20 minutes, included full sized posters I had printed up for Breaking News segment, etc. They stammered through 5 out of the required minimum 10 minutes of their presentation.)

(22-04-2017 11:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I hate group projects for school. I thought they were bad in high school but found out when I went back to school a few years ago that they aren't any better now.

One class I had we (three of us) were supposed to go to a local police station and talk to an officer there and hopefully have a tour. My co-students sent me a text at 11 in morning saying they were going to the police station in half an hour. I wasn't allowed to have my phone on during work due to the confidential nature of the work I was doing (couldn't have a camera around). Of course they didn't work so it didn't occur to them that someone else might not be able to just up and go to a meeting. I called and set my own interview and tour and let the professor know why. It turned out okay but others didn't. Undecided

They apologized for it when I brought up that I'd been there for an hour and now I kind of feel bad.

The situation with it is that it's a creative writing class presentation on graphic novels. We eventually decided we'd split things up; one person would do research on terminology used in graphic novels, one person would compare them to literature, another to comic books, and another to film (which is the one I got).

We were supposed to do separate research and then convene at the library to bring everything together. Now they're suggesting we all just send it to the person who started making the PowerPoint and she'll organize everything. I'm just not sure if this is a particularly good idea since I don't know how much everyone else did and I don't know if what we all did will feel even vaguely consistent with the others' stuff.

The teacher made it very clear that if someone didn't do work he wants to know, in fact he says he wants a sheet saying who did what, and trust me if people were slacking off I'd be more than willing to tell him. But it's not a problem of people not pitching in, we're just disorganized.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'll just have to see how this plays out. I doubt I'll risk an F (the teacher's really lax, I think).

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
22-04-2017, 04:12 PM
There's soooooo much stuff....

There's just sooooooo much stuff.....

Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2017, 04:28 PM
(22-04-2017 04:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There's soooooo much stuff....

Weeping

That is the problem with stuff, it multiplies.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-04-2017, 04:32 PM

Weeping

[Image: zackbooks.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Weeping

Maybe it's time for a storage garage? Yes
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post