Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-04-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-04-2017 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Anyone else think that Hotdogs for dinner tonight is a good idea?

Damn. Now I want hotdogs.

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
27-04-2017, 02:55 PM
(27-04-2017 02:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 02:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I would love to have hot dogs for dinner! Unfortunately, I have no good way to make that happen. But I wish you and your family good eating! Meanwhile, I will dream of hot dogs until the next time I have the opportunity to get one.

They are maybe not the healthiest thing, but they are delicious -- especially Chicago style.

Drooling

Every now and then we do chili dogs for dinner. Hormel no bean chili with deep-fried hot dogs and french fries cooked in Peanut oil. Some shredded cheese and chopped onions on the side.

I have chili! Score one for Moms!

I've also got tater tots in the freezer.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Ugh just made the one millionth trip to mother in law's house.

She had a guest room with bedding that would fit our guest room bed...

It also fit better the style of the room and artwork.

So I went up..ankle hurts...and of course it was still upstairs. So I had to hobble up. Find the stuff and hobble back down, actually I tossed the stuff over the landing into the great room, which was actually rather satisfying. Then I had to load it into my car and come back home...

Put the skirt on the bed and wash the sheets, and everything else.

I'm exhausted.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-04-2017, 01:04 AM
(26-04-2017 03:49 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm at the 3:31 mark, into a movie, and I actually screamed at my television. Evangelicals should not be allowed to make movies about higher education.

What movie?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-04-2017, 01:15 AM
More travel fun. So I was headed back to the far east yesterday and delta, for whatever reason, delayed my first connection to Detroit . As a result, there was no way I was making my flight to Beijing out of Detroit (I had budgeted a 2 hour layover at Detroit, btw) The only option I had was to take 2 connections to Seattle and then to Beijing. Thus eroding my 4 hour layover in Beijing to less than 2. We arrive slightly late and then sit on the tarmac for another 15 minutes (I have no idea why). So there was no way in hell I am making my final connection. So after making my way to terminal 3 from terminal 2 (which includes a 20 min bus ride), I discover that due to the mayday festivals, air travel is swamped until saturday. I get in touch with my guys here and they find that the high speed train is booked until saturday afternoon as well.

So I am stuck in Beijing for a day. Nice. The best part was while I was at the airport, I got to make small talk with this insanely beautiful russian gal. That made the time go easier.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
28-04-2017, 05:17 AM
(27-04-2017 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Anyone else think that Hotdogs for dinner tonight is a good idea?

I asked the family and they didn't say a word.

Assholes.

So make dinner for yourself.
They obviously all have their own dinners sorted out.

Also, I do love a good sausage.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-04-2017, 05:20 AM
(28-04-2017 05:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also, I do love a good sausage.

Goddam you are so gay. Go get a room with Buckminsterfullerene.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-04-2017, 05:49 AM
All i wanted when i took that job in the electronic lab last year, was to have fun with electronics, and not have anything to do anymore with management bullshit, and customer relations crap.

Now they made me project manager of the project i am part of. Including budget planning and including project MANAGEMENT by powerpoint and excel and shit. Weeping
...for the sole reason they didnt have anyone else to do it. Facepalm

At least i can sign my own requests for $ (material and manpower) now. Evil_monster
Schizophrenia incoming...

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
28-04-2017, 06:06 AM
(28-04-2017 01:04 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 03:49 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm at the 3:31 mark, into a movie, and I actually screamed at my television. Evangelicals should not be allowed to make movies about higher education.

What movie?

Unfortunately, you spent the day in Beijing, so now you're going to hack up a lung for a week. Sad

And Gramps Goes to College, by the guy who made The Unexpected Bar Mitzvah. Imagine you have one of those relatives, the kind who post on Facebook all day about the evil liberal atheist cabals in Higher Education, and they also post stuff about fluoride in the drinking water.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 10:04 AM
(27-04-2017 02:50 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

Damn. Now I want hotdogs.

Tongue

Damn it Mommy I want hot dogs now too, loaded with onions and ketchup and mustard, all I got is a stinking cheese omeletteDodgy
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post