Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-04-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So after being sick all last week I'm better...except I still want to sleep all day, and every time I take a deep breath I cough. Not the best conditions for a flute performance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
28-04-2017, 07:22 PM
It's Friday night...and head is killing me with what's probably sinus headache. Ibuprofen won't touch it, so headed to bed.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
28-04-2017, 07:25 PM
(27-04-2017 02:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 02:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Every now and then we do chili dogs for dinner. Hormel no bean chili with deep-fried hot dogs and french fries cooked in Peanut oil. Some shredded cheese and chopped onions on the side.

I have chili! Score one for Moms!

I've also got tater tots in the freezer.

(27-04-2017 02:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've also got tater tots in the freezer.

Well, whatever you do, if you have a dog don't leave a tater tot out on the kitchen counter.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-04-2017, 09:46 PM
(28-04-2017 10:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 02:50 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Damn. Now I want hotdogs.

Tongue

Damn it Mommy I want hot dogs now too, loaded with onions and ketchup and mustard, all I got is a stinking cheese omeletteDodgy

Hmm. Try and use better cheese, next time. Big Grin
28-04-2017, 09:51 PM
(28-04-2017 07:19 PM)julep Wrote:  So after being sick all last week I'm better...except I still want to sleep all day, and every time I take a deep breath I cough. Not the best conditions for a flute performance.

There's a cold going around here in soCal that can last for a month. My wife picked it up, and had it bad enough to end up with antibiotics, three weeks ago. She's still sick. I got the precursor sore throat two weeks ago today, and woke up with another sore throat this morning. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-04-2017, 02:47 AM
*clears throat*

FUCK PANIC ATTACKS.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
29-04-2017, 02:53 AM
(29-04-2017 02:47 AM)Loom Wrote:  *clears throat*

FUCK PANIC ATTACKS.

Deep breaths nice and slow and even. You got someone here who knows exactly what you are going through, can you divert your mind, perhaps make some tea ?
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
29-04-2017, 02:57 AM
(29-04-2017 02:53 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 02:47 AM)Loom Wrote:  *clears throat*

FUCK PANIC ATTACKS.

Deep breaths nice and slow and even. You got someone here who knows exactly what you are going through, can you divert your mind, perhaps make some tea ?

I went and did stupid things in Zelda: BOTW Tongue

But agh, it's almost 5am, lemme get some gorram sleep. I don't care if it's thundering outside, I'm off today so I want to sleep all I want! ):<

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
29-04-2017, 03:10 AM
I know it sucks, I have insomnia too, don't try too hard to sleep as that will make it more difficult to drop off, and at least it's a day off today. Perhaps shut down the computer and read a book or listen to a podcast, there's evidence that the light signature from computer and TV screens interferes with sleeping.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
29-04-2017, 03:14 AM
(28-04-2017 09:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 07:19 PM)julep Wrote:  So after being sick all last week I'm better...except I still want to sleep all day, and every time I take a deep breath I cough. Not the best conditions for a flute performance.

There's a cold going around here in soCal that can last for a month. My wife picked it up, and had it bad enough to end up with antibiotics, three weeks ago. She's still sick. I got the precursor sore throat two weeks ago today, and woke up with another sore throat this morning. Dodgy

> The best remedy for a cold is to get extra sleep if you can. Also, drink plenty of chicken broth or have a bowl of chicken soup every evening. I find that honey in my morning coffee soothes a sore throat, as well as an occasional tablespoonful of honey by itself. Honey contain antiseptic enzymes.
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post