Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-04-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Crumbs. I gotta go to the library, the grocery, and the sushi place in that order but ... I'd have to get ready and be around other people and it's cold out there. Sadcryface

Surely, no one will notice if I don't comb my hair - maybe I can stick it under a hat. And I can wear these big, furry socks fairly inconspicuously. I'll bet that floor length coat will cover these jammys. It's not as if I'm going to have my passport photo taken. Dodgy

I really didn't want a cold and rainy day.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2017, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 03:02 PM by Vera.)
Someone remind me again, why did Allah create swine if they are an abomination to him or whatever words they wrap this shit up in?

Seriously, in this day and age, where we land probes on comets, there are STILL people who fail to see the mind-boggling* idiocy and PETTINESS of a god figure who gets all bent out of shape if you touch a bit of meat he himself created? How can ANYONE take this shit - and this shitty god figure - seriously? (same goes for the other two iterations of the Abrahamic abomination of a god monster. Different name, same petty infantile, tantrum-throwing brute of a god vomited upon the world from the hateful, terrified minds of bronze-age goat-herders)

*Okay, I guess in order to see it their minds should actually be working, and not "you are now entering religion. Please leave your brain (and, preferably, your basic human decency and empathy) at the door".

And I am supposed to RESPECT this? They should consider themselves lucky I'm polite enough not to laugh to their face and only think they're idiots, instead of saying it out loud. Seriously! Killing infidels lands you in heaven, screwing the cream of the virgin crop, but touching a bit of meat is taboo. Facepalm

Would you look at that, didn't even know I was so angry Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
29-04-2017, 01:41 PM
(29-04-2017 01:32 PM)kim Wrote:  Crumbs. I gotta go to the library, the grocery, and the sushi place in that order but ... I'd have to get ready and be around other people and it's cold out there. Sadcryface

Surely, no one will notice if I don't comb my hair - maybe I can stick it under a hat. And I can wear these big, furry socks fairly inconspicuously. I'll bet that floor length coat will cover these jammys. It's not as if I'm going to have my passport photo taken. Dodgy

I really didn't want a cold and rainy day.

Wear a surgical mask. People will think you have the flu and will stay away from you and will be sympathetic to your plight.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2017, 01:44 PM
(29-04-2017 01:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  Someone remind me again, why did Allah create swine if they are an abomination to him or whatever words they wrap this shit up in?

Seriously, in this day and age, where we land probes on comets, there are STILL people who fail to see the mind-boggling* idiocy and PETTINESS of a god figure who gets all bent out of shape if you touch a bit of meat he himself created? How can ANYONE take this shit - and this shitty god figure - seriously? (same goes for the other two iterations of the Abrahamic abomination of a god monster. Different name, same petty infantile, tantrum-throwing brute of god vomited upon the world from the hateful, terrified minds of bronze-age goat-herders)

*Okay, I guess in order to see it their minds should actually be working, and not "you are now entering religion. Please leave your brain (and, preferably, your basic human decency and empathy) at the door".

And I am supposed to RESPECT this? They should consider themselves lucky I'm polite enough not to laugh to their face and only think they're idiots, instead of saying it out loud. Seriously! Killing infidels lands you in heaven, screwing the cream of the virgin crop, but touching a bit of meat is taboo. Facepalm

Would you look at that, didn't even know I was so angry Blush

My husband didn't hear what the cashier said. Once we got to his truck I just unleashed on how crap like what I had just witnessed makes me nuts. He is a firm believer in Pascal's Wager and we generally speak little on the topic of religion...but I was pissed. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-04-2017, 02:05 PM
(29-04-2017 01:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He is a firm believer in Pascal's Wager

Haha! That's a good way of putting it.

Also, I thought gambling was a sin or something Rolleyes

Now, if only we knew where to find Pascal's bookie and how to persuade him to split the winnings...

Oh, and another rant - I am in no condition whatsoever to translate my usual vapid-women-who-live-in-order-to-buy-shoes-and-have-transcendental-sex-with-hunky-but-tender-hearted-Neanderthals fare. Seriously! I was promised another book, the only I can actually stomach without despairing of my entire sex *and* species. Not fair! Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-04-2017, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 02:44 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(29-04-2017 02:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 01:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He is a firm believer in Pascal's Wager

Haha! That's a good way of putting it.

Also, I thought gambling was a sin or something Rolleyes

Now, if only we knew where to find Pascal's bookie and how to persuade him to split the winnings...

Oh, and another rant - I am in no condition whatsoever to translate my usual vapid-women-who-live-in-order-to-buy-shoes-and-have-transcendental-sex-with-hunky-but-tender-hearted-Neanderthals fare. Seriously! I was promised another book, the only I can actually stomach without despairing of my entire sex *and* species. Not fair! Dodgy

To Baptists and some other denominations maybe, but Catholicism Heart s gambling. 50/50 drawings, elimination dinners, raffles, bingo games. Or to quote the beginning of my priest's homily last week, "Everyone, I have to tell you something incredibly Catholic and central to our identity before we discuss the Gospels today. The Knights of Columbus are hosting Bingo downstairs after Mass and would really appreciate your patronage. They host as good a Bingo game as they do their fish fry events during Lent."

Sorry about the book Sad Maybe if you're lucky you'll get something by Richelle Mead. Still plenty of sex, but nobody is vapid. Strong, intelligent, and funny female protagonists. (At least her adult stuff is, haven't read her YA works.)

Edit: What the Hell is a "micro campus" in Evangelical speak? Is that supposed to be a "house" based church affiliated with a larger megachurch?

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-04-2017, 02:44 PM
"The Knights of Columbus are hosting Bingo downstairs after Mass" [Image: 1202591pu55lez1va.gif]

Oh god, this is so many levels of ridiculous!

Nah, there is a time and place for sex and it sure as hell ain't in any book I wanna translate Dodgy (still beats (so to speak Rolleyes ) all the mushy romantic stuff that can turn even a non-ice-hearted cynic like myself off love for good. Seriously, this shit has to be read to be believed. And even then I find it unbelieveable *anyone* can be THIS stupid)

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Isn't it though? We love our gambling, and I demand a patron saint of Bingo darnit! (Somehow we're lacking one, despite having them for gas station attendants, arms dealers, and dysentery and God knows what else...)

And maybe don't say that too loud on the stupid front, lest the stupid intensify? "And then they sent me a fucking Pureflix movie novelization to translate."

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah, the Catholics I grew up around were/are into bingo and raffles and card playing.

Every year I get raffle tickets from the high school I went to that they think I am going to sell or buy in order to win a car. The car always comes from a dealership in town and is a way for them to show what good Catholics they are for helping out the Catholic school...I sure it's deducted as a contribution on their taxes and they milk all the advertising opportunities out of this selfless gesture as possible.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2017, 02:53 PM
(29-04-2017 02:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Isn't it though? We love our gambling, and I demand a patron saint of Bingo darnit! (Somehow we're lacking one, despite having them for gas station attendants, arms dealers, and dysentery and God knows what else...)

And maybe don't say that too loud on the stupid front, lest the stupid intensify? "And then they sent me a fucking Pureflix movie novelization to translate."

... A patron saint of arms dealers? As in people who deal in the tools of mass murder? What. The. Fuck? I thought your God was supposed to be all jolly and red faced and come down peoples' chimneys at night? That kinda sounds weird though, I'll grant you that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.