Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-05-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-05-2017 12:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 12:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  You see, and these are the buffoons we allow to define what "fucking cold" means? I rest my case.

Could be worse -- we could let the people in Yellowknife define it. They're probably on the beach in shorts when it's 10 degrees C.

Tongue

Wait you're not? Tongue I've walked down by the lake in shorts at that temp.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Probably more of a whine, but teaching six piano lessons on an instrument with several of the black-key covers missing is rather annoying.

Who's in the room where I've been giving piano lessons for the past seven months, the room that has a mediocre piano, but at least one with all 88 keys present and covered? The sax teacher. The SAX teacher. Who does not use piano in his sax lessons.

Also annoying: a high school with only two pianos, total, available for the private lesson program. (the decentish piano in the chorus room is off limits, and so is the decent keyboard in the music library)

It's time for beer.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
02-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Earlier today I was told my father died. I felt nothing. He was one of the meanest most spiteful people I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. I had not seen nor spoken to him in 17 years. My only reaction was relief that my mother would be getting his Social Security checks from now on. I am told when he was younger he was not that bitter person but I don't remember that. From the time I heard til now the only thing I have felt is a slight guilt at not feeling anything and maybe a touch of sadness that things were so bad between us that in the end nothing was there of a relationship most people cherish.

EA still grieves for her father a year and a half later, small things will remind her of him and she gets a tear in her eye and I can't even muster a wish to have spoken to my father again.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-05-2017, 08:10 PM
(02-05-2017 08:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Earlier today I was told my father died. I felt nothing. He was one of the meanest most spiteful people I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. I had not seen nor spoken to him in 17 years. My only reaction was relief that my mother would be getting his Social Security checks from now on. I am told when he was younger he was not that bitter person but I don't remember that. From the time I heard til now the only thing I have felt is a slight guilt at not feeling anything and maybe a touch of sadness that things were so bad between us that in the end nothing was there of a relationship most people cherish.

EA still grieves for her father a year and a half later, small things will remind her of him and she gets a tear in her eye and I can't even muster a wish to have spoken to my father again.

Heart

I totally get it. I so soooooo understand this.

And it's ok to feel the way you do.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-05-2017, 08:23 PM
(02-05-2017 08:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Earlier today I was told my father died. I felt nothing. He was one of the meanest most spiteful people I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. I had not seen nor spoken to him in 17 years. My only reaction was relief that my mother would be getting his Social Security checks from now on. I am told when he was younger he was not that bitter person but I don't remember that. From the time I heard til now the only thing I have felt is a slight guilt at not feeling anything and maybe a touch of sadness that things were so bad between us that in the end nothing was there of a relationship most people cherish.

Hug

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
02-05-2017, 08:28 PM

I imagine that I will feel similarly when my mother dies. I have talked to her, by phone, only a couple times in about a dozen years.

I grieved when dad died. Though things were bad between us for many years of my life, he was much more my caregiver when I was little than mom was. He at least realized that I needed to have a meal now and then. And we talked a lot of stuff through in his last couple of years and he apologized for many things.

All I think I am going to be able to muster is trying to be supportive to my sister when mom's gone.

Not everyone who has a child is able to be a decent parent.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
02-05-2017, 11:42 PM
I come here to rant and there's a story already being told. kthxbye.

Oh, I was going to rant about telling stories.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
03-05-2017, 04:21 AM

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
03-05-2017, 06:25 AM

Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Company arrives today.

I'm exhausted, barely slept all night, had indigestion because I ate the wrong stuff at dinner.

Dodgy

Kitchen looks like a bomb went off, I have to make chicken parm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post