Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-05-2017, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 11:09 AM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Ranting corner
So this fucking happened literally about fifty feet from my classroom just now (graphic abortion signs under spoiler tag):
[Image: vp7PdRs.jpg]

Technically they have free speech, and that's the designated (Orwellian sounding) free speech zone of campus. However, you notice Campus PD is just standing there in case anything happens.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2017, 11:14 AM
(03-05-2017 10:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So this fucking happened literally about fifty feet from my classroom just now (graphic abortion signs under spoiler tag):
[Image: vp7PdRs.jpg]

Technically they have free speech, and that's the designated (Orwellian sounding) free speech zone of campus. However, you notice Campus PD is just standing there in case anything happens.

Sigh...

That's really all I can do anymore.

My face hurts from face palming myself.

In other news I'm getting a super early start on the chicken parm for dinner tonight.

It'll have to be reheated, but honestly I don't care.

In more other news, it's a gorgeous day. I've turned the heater off, and I've opened windows throughout the house. Truly rare and lovely. The flowers blooming smell wonderful.

More bad news, more rain is coming tomorrow afternoon. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Fucking hell, lost the internet for a day. It's like the whole world is collapsing, how the fuck did we as a race survive for so long without internet?
03-05-2017, 02:43 PM
(03-05-2017 02:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fucking hell, lost the internet for a day. It's like the whole world is collapsing, how the fuck did we as a race survive for so long without internet?

Read up on the cold war, we damn near didn't.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-05-2017, 02:47 PM
(03-05-2017 02:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fucking hell, lost the internet for a day. It's like the whole world is collapsing, how the fuck did we as a race survive for so long without internet?

If you have never had something you don't miss it, I felt the same way about imagining what it must have been like for my dad with no TV he in turn felt the same way imagining his fathers life with no radio
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-05-2017, 03:02 PM
It's not that fucken hard. You just went to the library for knowledge. And you know what's great about a library? There's an extreme shortage of dickheads in a library.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
03-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Oh and yesterday at work I had the single most violent customer ever. Pushing, shoving me, wanting to fight me, yelling at me, trying to get me alone in the elevator (and I'm the homo?), threatening to come back after I finish work to beat me up, just generally being a fuckwit as I removed his ass from the store.

I don't think he's come across a fake security like me before because all he was getting out of me was a blank expression and me asking to keep walking and to leave the store.
I think he was just pissed off because he wasn't getting a response out of me, certainly not the agitated aggressive response he was after. Piece of shit.

Comes after Monday's incident where a bunch of gang members forcefully pushed their way into the store and were forcefully removed by staff (I was on security at the time but not the end it happened and they didn't need more staff there to escalate the situation anyway). Forcefully removing people, not a good look for staff members. So it looks good when I manage to remove an aggressive violent customer from the store calmly and without incident (short of his pushing and shoving me).
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
03-05-2017, 03:18 PM
(03-05-2017 03:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh and yesterday at work I had the single most violent customer ever. Pushing, shoving me, wanting to fight me, yelling at me, trying to get me alone in the elevator (and I'm the homo?), threatening to come back after I finish work to beat me up, just generally being a fuckwit as I removed his ass from the store.

It's a little bit bizarre that he wanted to wait until you finished work? Why not right then and there? It just seems oddly polite. Can't beat a guy up while he's working. But *afterwards*... when he's off the clock... that's when I'll get him Hobo

I'll never understand these idiots... Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Made the parm...had to run to the market for more chicken.

cleaned the kitchen up, washed the fooor, vacuumed the stairs.

Finally took a shower, put on my nice summer clothes.

He says, "wow you did all that?"

We spread the foccocia on the sheet pans for the second rise. He said he'll be home in an hour and half.

I rush to get all the stuff and myself ready....

"You slept like shit last night, you should take a nap," he says...

I just only now finished everything and have to leave to get the kid probably by the time I'm done writing this out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-05-2017, 03:39 PM
(03-05-2017 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh and yesterday at work I had the single most violent customer ever. Pushing, shoving me, wanting to fight me, yelling at me, trying to get me alone in the elevator (and I'm the homo?), threatening to come back after I finish work to beat me up, just generally being a fuckwit as I removed his ass from the store.

It's a little bit bizarre that he wanted to wait until you finished work? Why not right then and there? It just seems oddly polite. Can't beat a guy up while he's working. But *afterwards*... when he's off the clock... that's when I'll get him Hobo

I'll never understand these idiots... Rolleyes

Right. It was why I was giving a blank expression, I knew he was all talk and no bite.
It's like really, you're gonna risk an assault charge and going to jail for 2-5 years because you got caught trying to shoplift and were trespassed and asked to leave the store... really..?

Like I said, he was just pissed off because he couldn't get a reaction out of me. I imagine I'm not the first store clerk he's tried to intimidate and pushed around.
Cunts gonna cunt.