Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-05-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-05-2017 03:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's a little bit bizarre that he wanted to wait until you finished work? Why not right then and there? It just seems oddly polite. Can't beat a guy up while he's working. But *afterwards*... when he's off the clock... that's when I'll get him Hobo

I'll never understand these idiots... Rolleyes

Right. It was why I was giving a blank expression, I knew he was all talk and no bite.
It's like really, you're gonna risk an assault charge and going to jail for 2-5 years because you got caught trying to shoplift and were trespassed and asked to leave the store... really..?

Like I said, he was just pissed off because he couldn't get a reaction out of me. I imagine I'm not the first store clerk he's tried to intimidate and pushed around.
Cunts gonna cunt.

Only thing I can think is he wanted you to take a swing so he could sue the store.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-05-2017, 05:21 PM
I cannot accurately describe how shitty today was. But I'll try.

First off woke up really tired. For some reason when a season change is going on, I am just extra tired, and it is more difficult than usual to get up and going in the morning. So I was moving at super slo-mo speed and time was flying by.

We had a lunch meeting at work, and they fed us, which was nice, but the meeting itself was just not encouraging. We've been much slower than usual of late and everyone is worried. Since the time that I've been with this company, we've had some major stuff happen. Were sold twice and that put everyone on edge, but we managed just fine on those. Recently a big change is that the CEO who's been there the whole time I've been there and who really was the one to make the company really profitable, retired. He was this charismatic guy, laid back, and just kind of a cool guy. Don't get me wrong, some stuff about him made me mad, but I felt he was good for the company overall. The new CEO is kind of a stuffed-shirt conservative type guy who hasn't been there all that long and I just don't trust him. Part of me feels like the company is doing poorly of late because of him. Now, at our last big quarterly meeting, he said things were going okay. Not great, but not horrible. I just don't know that I believe him. So I asked our VP of Operations some questions during the meeting today and he was trying to reassure us that everything would be okay and that we should be picking up soon but I am still worried. We lost a couple of big producers of late and basically have all our eggs in one basket with one producer. It just worries me, is all. I worry that things are starting to fall apart and I wonder if I should jump ship (especially since I struggle with motivation with this job as it is) but I've been here for 10 years and I honestly do not want to leave. I just want to stay here and have the stability. But if the ship is sinking? I dunno. Undecided I just don't feel very secure about job security of late.

We recently got a defibrillator (sp?) at work, and training was given to people who were interested. Well, my boss had expressed concern and said she wasn't comfortable with people who weren't trained paramedics to use a defibrillator on her and I don't blame her. I especially don't blame her when one of the people who raised their hand in the meeting today to say she'd done the training is this super-sickeningly sweet and positive "fake" acting lady who just happens to be a christian and I'm sorry but I don't care if the defibrillator is (foolproof) there is no way that bitch would be putting those paddles on me. Of course she sat next to me in the meeting and said that if our boss had an emergency that required the defib that she would just do it anyway. So, just totally disregard my boss' wishes and concerns and you're gonna defib her anyway? Fuck you. It's the same bullshit christian crap about abortion where, it's wrong to them, or they feel a moral imperative about it, so they make a decision for someone else. Or try to restrict or disregard someone else's choice. It's only my boss' body and her life, but fuck that, right? Christ has charged you with saving lives.

Also I am on day 4 or 5 of having not gotten daughter's meds straightened out. She ran out of one of her anti-depressants and so is having to take extras of the smaller dose she still has around because there is some kind of disconnect between the doctor and the pharmacy. I usually don't have too much trouble with either, but I don't know what the deal is here.

Speaking of medical crap, still have not got the fucking insurance enrollment packet that I need in order to get the kids on insurance again. Fucking ex-husband screwed up on their insurance and they've been without for a month now which is fucking killing our bank account. So I e-mailed ex and told him that I was going to be sending him a list of all expenses and that he needed to pay me back half. He wants to see receipts. Maybe he'll take my word on the stuff I don't have receipts on, but maybe not. Wouldn't put it past him.

And then fuckin' stupid drivers on the way home. Missed a turn on a green un-protected light because of slow-ass fuckers dawdling thru the light. And some kid in a sports car thought he had to fly thru the apartment parking lot at 40 mph because it's the law that when you have a sports car you have to race everywhere. >.>

That's not even everything. An agent pissed me off at work. A couple women at work annoyed me (which, what else is new). But those were the biggies. Monday and today were shit days so it's looking like Friday (my birthday) is gonna be shit as well. Sad

03-05-2017, 06:14 PM
(03-05-2017 03:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Made the parm...had to run to the market for more chicken.

cleaned the kitchen up, washed the fooor, vacuumed the stairs.

Finally took a shower, put on my nice summer clothes.

He says, "wow you did all that?"

We spread the foccocia on the sheet pans for the second rise. He said he'll be home in an hour and half.

I rush to get all the stuff and myself ready....

"You slept like shit last night, you should take a nap," he says...

I just only now finished everything and have to leave to get the kid probably by the time I'm done writing this out.

When you've got the time I'd love the recipe for the parmesan chicken please.
03-05-2017, 09:03 PM
God damn mormons!

A few days ago, some mormons came knocking on my door, and, amid their usual spew of religious talk, they also asked if there was any service that they could provide for me. They mentioned that they like to help out whenever they could. So I asked them to assist me with my outstanding hospital bill (I had kidney stone surgery last October). They laughed as if it were a joke and then went on their merry way. Seriously? Offer to help, then laugh and walk away? This is the one thing I need some help with, and they laughed and walked away! God damn mormons!
03-05-2017, 09:17 PM
(03-05-2017 04:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Right. It was why I was giving a blank expression, I knew he was all talk and no bite.
It's like really, you're gonna risk an assault charge and going to jail for 2-5 years because you got caught trying to shoplift and were trespassed and asked to leave the store... really..?

Like I said, he was just pissed off because he couldn't get a reaction out of me. I imagine I'm not the first store clerk he's tried to intimidate and pushed around.
Cunts gonna cunt.

Only thing I can think is he wanted you to take a swing so he could sue the store.

Well I mean we live in NZ so he couldn't sue. I'd be charged with assault (though I'd win because it would be classed as self-defense or he couldn't prove it because I know where all the cameras are and more importantly, aren't) and the company I work for wouldn't do shit in the way of compensation because he tried to steal from us and has been trespassed and assaulted a staff member first.
And if he goes to the media, well.. he stole from us, he's trespassed etc.. you get the picture.

It's a pity though that we didn't live in America because I could have just shot and killed him. Would have been less hassle.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-05-2017, 11:36 PM
(03-05-2017 09:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 04:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Only thing I can think is he wanted you to take a swing so he could sue the store.

Well I mean we live in NZ so he couldn't sue. I'd be charged with assault (though I'd win because it would be classed as self-defense or he couldn't prove it because I know where all the cameras are and more importantly, aren't) and the company I work for wouldn't do shit in the way of compensation because he tried to steal from us and has been trespassed and assaulted a staff member first.
And if he goes to the media, well.. he stole from us, he's trespassed etc.. you get the picture.

It's a pity though that we didn't live in America because I could have just shot and killed him. Would have been less hassle.

Is the store gonna pursue anything against him? I mean otherwise there seems to be no real downside to shoplifting?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-05-2017, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 12:17 AM by JesseB.)
I'm fucking sick of busting my ass all fucking day long just to have some jackass hand me a 20 dollar bill for my trouble. Fuck YOU you can't afford to pay me, then I have no need to fucking work with you. You think it's ok to take a guy that literally fucking goes hungry for weeks at a time ask him to do work that would cost you HUNDREDS OF FUCKING dollars if you were to take your computer to town to a shop, someone who has a higher level of education and fucking skill than those high school dropouts that work in computer shops, then fucking hand them a fucking 20 dollar bill??!!! Next cunt that pulls that shit is gonna get a broken fucking nose I swear. >.< I"M DONE WITH THIS SHIT, ALL YOU FUCKERS ON THIS WORTHLESS MOUNTAIN CAN FIX YOUR OWN DAMN SHIT.

(Keep in mind I negotiate payment BEFORE the work, then they fucking pull that shit)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
03-05-2017, 11:42 PM
From now on, payment in advance or they can go fuck themselves. And I'll fucking tell them that to their face from now on. WORD FOR WORD. I'm sick of this shit. I aint some 10 year old mowing your fucking lawn.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
03-05-2017, 11:54 PM
(03-05-2017 11:42 PM)JesseB Wrote:  From now on, payment in advance or they can go fuck themselves. And I'll fucking tell them that to their face from now on. WORD FOR WORD. I'm sick of this shit. I aint some 10 year old mowing your fucking lawn.

You definitely can't move? I mean... it really sounds like a no-win situation if you stay.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Oh crapola. Undecided I'm out of Smuckers chunky peanut butter.

I was jonesin' for a fix, too. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein