Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-05-2017, 05:49 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-05-2017 04:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 04:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Welcome to the frustrating world of retail security.

Undecided

All we can do is trespass them and pass the information on to the Police.
We can only touch thieves only for the purpose of self-defense or defense of other customers. So thieves simply just take products off the shelves and walk out. We can't touch them, they don't have to come up to the security office so we can take their details and fine them ($275 'fine'), and they know their rights very well.

They walk out with our products, we can't do shit and the Police are unbelievably useless. Like, we find these guys on facebook selling our stolen products, we hand this and car number plate numbers and footage of them stealing the product annnnd nothing... we do all the Police work, all they have to do is locate and arrest annnnd nothing...

We are fighting a losing battle and we don't even have the Police onboard, it's incredibly frustrating.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 06:40 AM
(04-05-2017 05:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 04:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Undecided

All we can do is trespass them and pass the information on to the Police.
We can only touch thieves only for the purpose of self-defense or defense of other customers. So thieves simply just take products off the shelves and walk out. We can't touch them, they don't have to come up to the security office so we can take their details and fine them ($275 'fine'), and they know their rights very well.

They walk out with our products, we can't do shit and the Police are unbelievably useless. Like, we find these guys on facebook selling our stolen products, we hand this and car number plate numbers and footage of them stealing the product annnnd nothing... we do all the Police work, all they have to do is locate and arrest annnnd nothing...

We are fighting a losing battle and we don't even have the Police onboard, it's incredibly frustrating.

Wow. That's another level of crazy. Could you walk into the thief's house and walk out with stuff?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-05-2017, 08:49 AM
I've called a board meeting of the sportsman's club for this evening to discuss (terminating) the membership of a troublemaker.
This will be a divisive issue, but the evidence has piled up that he has repeatedly violated club rules and by-laws.
He appears to have a couple of allies on the board and one who he has intimidated and manipulated.
The guy meets the criteria for malignant narcissism and many of us want him out. He is a liability and a disaster waiting to happen.

May I borrow the ban-hammer? Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-05-2017, 08:54 AM
(04-05-2017 08:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  I've called a board meeting of the sportsman's club for this evening to discuss (terminating) the membership of a troublemaker.
This will be a divisive issue, but the evidence has piled up that he has repeatedly violated club rules and by-laws.
He appears to have a couple of allies on the board and one who he has intimidated and manipulated.
The guy meets the criteria for malignant narcissism and many of us want him out. He is a liability and a disaster waiting to happen.

Good luck if anyone can handle it it's gonna be you mate.
04-05-2017, 08:54 AM
(04-05-2017 08:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  I've called a board meeting of the sportsman's club for this evening to discuss (terminating) the membership of a troublemaker.

What kind of sportsman club? Hunting, fishing?

That kind of thing?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-05-2017, 09:10 AM

[Image: latest?cb=20140129001244]

Make sure you return it. If after hours just slip it through the mail slot.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Thought I was in a fender bender almost this morning at a drive thru. Guy pulled right up on me, there was a dip in the lane, so when I took my foot off the break and before hitting the gas, I started to drift back. He didn't yell at me, and when I parked after getting my food to look, not a scratch on my vehicle, so I'd say nothing happened (and surely would've felt an impact). Still made my heart skip a beat of potential 'oh shit' moment. Also, hurray for unexpected bills. Angry License plate renewal came in the mail and they raised it to $75.00 for a year. Then my cpap machine payment is 4 times the normal rate because of my insurance deductible needing to be met again.

Now I'm going to write three Final Exams and three review games. Also print my makeup tests. Which all won't be too bad (just time consuming, but at least I can catch up on TTA podcasts), but still in theory my day off...but only day of the weekdays that there's no meetings, classes, or other events that are mandatory to attend.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 10:57 AM by adey67.)
(04-05-2017 09:15 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thought I was in a fender bender almost this morning at a drive thru. Guy pulled right up on me, there was a dip in the lane, so when I took my foot off the break and before hitting the gas, I started to drift back. He didn't yell at me, and when I parked after getting my food to look, not a scratch on my vehicle, so I'd say nothing happened (and surely would've felt an impact). Still made my heart skip a beat of potential 'oh shit' moment. Also, hurray for unexpected bills. Angry License plate renewal came in the mail and they raised it to $75.00 for a year. Then my cpap machine payment is 4 times the normal rate because of my insurance deductible needing to be met again.

Now I'm going to write three Final Exams and three review games. Also print my makeup tests. Which all won't be too bad (just time consuming, but at least I can catch up on TTA podcasts), but still in theory my day off...but only day of the weekdays that there's no meetings, classes, or other events that are mandatory to attend.

I'm assuming license plate renewal is like our road tax, if so you are a bunch of fucking pussies for moaning as its on average £150, $200 equivalent per annum here. Also stop bitching about gasoline prices and be thankful you're not here in the UK where petrol, er sorry I mean gasoline is roughly $1.80 for two pints... Yes that's right two pints not gallons pints. And fuck Nancy Grace too. Drinking Beverage
04-05-2017, 10:47 AM
(04-05-2017 09:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Exactly how big is the mail slot?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-05-2017, 11:01 AM
(04-05-2017 10:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 09:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Exactly how big is the mail slot?

We don't have one yet, but that thing is more than capable of making a new one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post