Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-05-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-05-2017 10:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 09:15 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thought I was in a fender bender almost this morning at a drive thru. Guy pulled right up on me, there was a dip in the lane, so when I took my foot off the break and before hitting the gas, I started to drift back. He didn't yell at me, and when I parked after getting my food to look, not a scratch on my vehicle, so I'd say nothing happened (and surely would've felt an impact). Still made my heart skip a beat of potential 'oh shit' moment. Also, hurray for unexpected bills. Angry License plate renewal came in the mail and they raised it to $75.00 for a year. Then my cpap machine payment is 4 times the normal rate because of my insurance deductible needing to be met again.

Now I'm going to write three Final Exams and three review games. Also print my makeup tests. Which all won't be too bad (just time consuming, but at least I can catch up on TTA podcasts), but still in theory my day off...but only day of the weekdays that there's no meetings, classes, or other events that are mandatory to attend.

I'm assuming license plate renewal is like our road tax, if so you are a bunch of fucking pussies for moaning as its on average £150, $200 equivalent per annum here. Also stop bitching about gasoline prices and be thankful you're not here in the UK where petrol, er sorry I mean gasoline is roughly $1.80 for two pints... Yes that's right two pints not gallons pints. And fuck Nancy Grace too. Drinking Beverage

Woo, go Murrica apparently. Tongue And yes, fuck Nancy Grace with her scaremonger, ethics violations while a prosecutor, and most especially for the hashtag "Freezertot" for a baby stuffed in a freezer.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 11:55 AM
My back hurts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 12:02 PM
In anticipation for the new job I opened up a new savings and checking account for direct deposit of my paychecks, also signed up for a debit card. This was on April 18th. 12 business days/16 days later and I still have not got my debit card. Would love to have it before I start Saturday so I do not have to go to the bank and withdraw money every time I want to go somewhere for lunch but I have a feeling that will not happen.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-05-2017, 12:15 PM
(04-05-2017 08:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 08:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  I've called a board meeting of the sportsman's club for this evening to discuss (terminating) the membership of a troublemaker.
This will be a divisive issue, but the evidence has piled up that he has repeatedly violated club rules and by-laws.
He appears to have a couple of allies on the board and one who he has intimidated and manipulated.
The guy meets the criteria for malignant narcissism and many of us want him out. He is a liability and a disaster waiting to happen.

May I borrow the ban-hammer? Tongue

What kind of sportsman club? Hunting, fishing?

That kind of thing?

Yeah, that kind of thing. Everyone is armed so it should be a civilized meeting. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-05-2017, 04:29 PM
(04-05-2017 03:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I did a home IQ test last week, I calculated it at 73 which isn't bad, I thought it would be less.

lol

Whelp, if you're gonna lie about your IQ at least use a number no one will question eh?

Tongue

I'm being silly. Not mean. I mean... >.> You're the one that said you have an IQ of 73 after all. Not me.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
04-05-2017, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 05:30 PM by Anjele.)
(04-05-2017 09:15 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Also, hurray for unexpected bills. Angry License plate renewal came in the mail and they raised it to $75.00 for a year.

Costs about that to renew mine, I think. Last year or the year before they combined the inspection with the renewal so it may be a little more.

In SC you had to pay property tax on your car every year in order to renew your tags. If you had a half decent car it was like having a 13th car payment a year...it was crazy! Glad we don't have that or state income tax here in Texas.

When my son was in HS we bought him a real POS car that he drove back and forth to school and sports practices mostly. It was a Sidekick with a canvas top...he called it his covered wagon...at least there was no way he would get a speeding ticket in it. Tongue I couldn't believe that I had to pay property taxes on it even though it had a salvage title. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-05-2017, 05:03 PM
(04-05-2017 11:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My back hurts.
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-05-2017, 05:09 PM
(04-05-2017 04:29 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 03:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I did a home IQ test last week, I calculated it at 73 which isn't bad, I thought it would be less.

lol

Whelp, if you're gonna lie about your IQ at least use a number no one will question eh?

Tongue

I'm being silly. Not mean. I mean... >.> You're the one that said you have an IQ of 73 after all. Not me.
Lol Wink
04-05-2017, 05:12 PM
National weather service says half dollar sized hail heading my way.

We don't get that here. We get the pebble shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-05-2017, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 05:39 PM by Shai Hulud.)
So yeah...want an example of why the Pope criticizes the "invasion of libertarianism" in Catholicism? This would be why (though absolutely love my friend's reply to the guy). Seriously, at times I see that sort of stuff and think "Fuck American Christians".
[Image: AqwsiY0.png]

(04-05-2017 04:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 09:15 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Also, hurray for unexpected bills. Angry License plate renewal came in the mail and they raised it to $75.00 for a year.

Costs about that to renew mine, I think. Last year or the year before they combined the inspection with the renewal so it may be a little more.

In SC you had to pay property tax on your car every year in order to renew your tags. If you had a half decent car it was like having a 13th car payment a year...it was crazy! Glad we don't have that or state income tax here in Texas.

When my son was in HS we bought him a real POS car that he drove back and forth to school and sports practices mostly. It was a Sidekick with a canvas top...he called it his covered wagon...at least there was no way he would get a speeding ticket in it. Tongue I couldn't believe that I had to pay property taxes on it even thought it had a salvage title. Dodgy

I"m sorry Sad Especially for the time in SC with having to pay extra on the cars in property tax. WI really isn't that bad in comparison, nor does it seem, is Texas! Though thanks for the laugh at "covered wagon". Laugh out load

Edit: So Google notified me that Jaclyn Glenn posted a review of Kevin Sorbo's new anti-atheist movie 31 minutes ago. 29 minutes ago she posted the comment, "aaaaaaaand.... demonetized."

Need to think of a witty signature.