Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-05-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-05-2017 11:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My back hurts.

I hope you feel better soon! Do you think it might have been all that furniture-moving/cleaning?

My back has been randomly spasming for the past day and a half. I'm pretty sure that the cause is the many, many gallons of water I had to dip, lift, and carry from one tub to another (in the bathroom down the hall) when my tub stopper malfunctioned after a deep bath. Took upwards of 20 minutes to hand-empty the damn thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
04-05-2017, 07:08 PM
A followup to my rants on the people praising god when it was a group of men who saved children trapped in a car that was upside in water with lightning popping all around.

Article says the parents thanked the men. Thumbsup

The child that is still in the hospital is doing well. Thumbsup

Turns out the man people were bashing for taking a video of the rescue helped perform CPR...maybe he couldn't swim and he didn't enter the rushing water to become another victim.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/252214891-story

Quote:The Ocheltrees are confident the outcome would not have been so positive without the selfless and brave Good Samaritans who jumped in to help.

Very happy to know that the parents of the kids survived, the kids either are okay or will be, and that the parents know it was a group of selfless men who risked their lives to save the lives of strangers.

A little hope for humanity.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-05-2017, 09:19 PM
(04-05-2017 06:17 PM)julep Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My back hurts.

I hope you feel better soon! Do you think it might have been all that furniture-moving/cleaning?

My back has been randomly spasming for the past day and a half. I'm pretty sure that the cause is the many, many gallons of water I had to dip, lift, and carry from one tub to another (in the bathroom down the hall) when my tub stopper malfunctioned after a deep bath. Took upwards of 20 minutes to hand-empty the damn thing.

Yep. The lifting and cleaning has been getting to me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Oh and we haven't gotten a drop of rain.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-05-2017, 05:05 AM
Slept horribly last night. On the positive side, it's 6:05am and I've had a shower, been to the gym, and I'm now in the office...after staying late last night and getting everything done until I have to grade Finals. Well, YouTube it is, I guess.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2017, 05:48 AM
(03-05-2017 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh and yesterday at work I had the single most violent customer ever. Pushing, shoving me, wanting to fight me, yelling at me, trying to get me alone in the elevator (and I'm the homo?), threatening to come back after I finish work to beat me up, just generally being a fuckwit as I removed his ass from the store.

It's a little bit bizarre that he wanted to wait until you finished work? Why not right then and there? It just seems oddly polite. Can't beat a guy up while he's working. But *afterwards*... when he's off the clock... that's when I'll get him Hobo

I'll never understand these idiots... Rolleyes

It is basically an extension of "I'll fight you after school is out.". It is a threat, because after school/(work in this case) would be out in the parking lot away from potential help. It wasn't about muffs being at work, it was about witnesses.
05-05-2017, 06:33 AM
(05-05-2017 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's a little bit bizarre that he wanted to wait until you finished work? Why not right then and there? It just seems oddly polite. Can't beat a guy up while he's working. But *afterwards*... when he's off the clock... that's when I'll get him Hobo

I'll never understand these idiots... Rolleyes

It is basically an extension of "I'll fight you after school is out.". It is a threat, because after school/(work in this case) would be out in the parking lot away from potential help. It wasn't about muffs being at work, it was about witnesses.

He was just trying to intimidate me.
He was pissed because I got between him and his drug money.
05-05-2017, 06:35 AM
(05-05-2017 06:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is basically an extension of "I'll fight you after school is out.". It is a threat, because after school/(work in this case) would be out in the parking lot away from potential help. It wasn't about muffs being at work, it was about witnesses.

He was just trying to intimidate me.

What did you do? Catch a crack addict attempting to steal from the store? I know he was trying to intimidate you.
05-05-2017, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 06:58 AM by earmuffs.)
(05-05-2017 06:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 06:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  He was just trying to intimidate me.

What did you do? Catch a crack addict attempting to steal from the store? I know he was trying to intimidate you.

Well I mean, why else would they steal from us? They sell the products somewhere (this is how we catch a lot of them because they try and sell it on facebook and we know all the buy and sell pages. Half the photos on our wall are from facebook pages. >< ) and use the money for drugs. Like, I don't think you understand the level of scum these people are that steal from us like this. It's like stereotypical theft. They all look drugged fucked, they're all white trash or Maori women (or teenage girls stealing chocolate from the school up the road, but that's a different kind of shoplifting, that's not serial professional level shoplifting that I'm talking about that we get all the time.), if they're aggressive they'll be skinhead 30-something year old white men like this guy was. Like you can't make this shit up or exaggerate it. It's every single fucking time. Either a drug fucked 30-something year old white guy or a group of 2-3 Maori women. Always. ALWAYS.

We're basically a Wal-Mart and so we get the exact people you imagine shop at Wal-Mart and so naturally you're gonna get a lot of shoplifters. BUT we're one of the worst, if not thee worst, store in the whole country. There's a couple hundred stores nation wide and we make up like 10% of company-wide theft.

And if they fucking listened to me once in a while, I'm convinced I could save this company hundreds of thousands of dollars from just walking out the door.
But I'm not full time security, and I don't talk to the regional head of security like the full time security staff and I don't have say in regards to things like fixing our security gates, stopping manufacturers putting those security tags on clothing before they even get to the store (it doesn't help, it hinders our job greatly) and getting more cameras and where to put them. And so around $250,000 walks out our doors every year.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-05-2017, 07:02 AM
(05-05-2017 06:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 06:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What did you do? Catch a crack addict attempting to steal from the store? I know he was trying to intimidate you.

Well I mean, why else would they steal from us? They sell the products somewhere (this is how we catch a lot of them because they try and sell it on facebook and we know all the buy and sell pages. Half the photos on our wall are from facebook pages. >< ) and use the money for drugs. Like, I don't think you understand the level of scum these people are that steal from us like this. It's like stereotypical theft. They all look drugged fucked, they're all white trash or Maori women (or teenage girls stealing chocolate from the school up the road, but that's a different kind of shoplifting, that's not serial professional level shoplifting that I'm talking about that we get all the time.), if they're aggressive they'll be skinhead 30-something year old white men like this guy was. Like you can't make this shit up or exaggerate it. It's every single fucking time. Either a drug fucked 30-something year old white guy or a group of 2-3 Maori women. Always. ALWAYS.

We're basically a Wal-Mart and so we get the exact people you imagine shop at Wal-Mart and so naturally you're gonna get a lot of shoplifters. BUT we're one of the worst, if not thee worst, store in the whole country. There's a couple hundred stores nation wide and we make up like 10% of company-wide theft.

And if they fucking listened to me once in a while, I'm convinced I could save this company hundreds of thousands of dollars from just walking out the door.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I watched and caught many white drugged out pieces of crap, watched but could do nothing about "minorities" using foodstamp cards to buy stuff that people either resell to get drug money or use it to cut drugs, and of course people that actually have money try to sneak stuff out under carts or buried under other stuff in their carts. The ones with money that were doing it for the rush were the biggest problem. I was the only one that could catch that stuff. Once in a while I can understand it being an accident. When I was catching the same people every week, management started to realize it was intentional.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post