Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-05-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-05-2017 11:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Review today. Lots of praise, no raise.

That sucks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2017, 02:00 PM
(05-05-2017 11:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Review today. Lots of praise, no raise.

Well, glad they're pleased with your work, but damn no raise does kinda suck.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
All the extra stuff I have done was mentioned so it was noticed...but it's not good enough I suppose.

I am pretty bummed. But I did give the boss a copy of the email he sent me when he offered me the job that included what he said at that time about compensation.

He said a couple times there may be a bonus (for everyone) this summer and we may get raises at the end of the year. I suppose the plan is hold the carrot out there and then pull it away when the time draws near.

We'll see... Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
(05-05-2017 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  All the extra stuff I have done was mentioned so it was noticed...but it's not good enough I suppose.

I am pretty bummed. But I did give the boss a copy of the email he sent me when he offered me the job that included what he said at that time about compensation.

He said a couple times there may be a bonus (for everyone) this summer and we may get raises at the end of the year. I suppose the plan is hold the carrot out there and then pull it away when the time draws near.

We'll see... Sadcryface

Bastard. Angry
05-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Sorry Anjele. That does suck.

05-05-2017, 10:51 PM
So I have two Facebook pages. One with my real name and people from "my old life" info and another with a sort of pseudo name where I can be myself. When my b-day rolls around, I check the old FB page because I know there'll be birthday wishes there and I want to respond to them. But jesus, I gotta learn to just duck in there, say my thanks and then get out because the rest of the bullshit from those people on there is more than I can take. Confused

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Fuck Apple. Ain't buying no more Apple bullshit. Next one someone gives me, Imma smash.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-05-2017, 09:52 AM
(05-05-2017 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  All the extra stuff I have done was mentioned so it was noticed...but it's not good enough I suppose.

We'll see... Sadcryface

Management. They notice what you do, especially anything extra. Then they add it to your job description so don't dare stop doing it, but never a raise.
06-05-2017, 04:57 PM
(06-05-2017 09:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fuck Apple. Ain't buying no more Apple bullshit. Next one someone gives me, Imma smash.

How do you like them apples? Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
08-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Last year...sorta, we inherited a third car.

At the time, honestly, I had zero interest in it.

I was meh about it. Lately because the man has been using Bryce, I've been driving the fancy car.

It's a sweet ride, it's got a sun roof, navigation, leather seats that are heated....

It's ducking nice.

Now the older kid and the man say that it's time for me decide.

Do I want the new car or just keep driving the Prius.

The idea being that the older kid would start paying for a car...which ever car. He really really likes the new car. But it's new...and way nicer than he honestly deserves. We're not wealthy...there's no silver spoon in that kid's mouth.

Whatever car he wants, he'll have to pay for it. He's got to be able to afford the maintenance, insurance, gas...

In that respect the Prius might be a better choice for him.

I dunno.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post