Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-05-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-05-2017 12:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Good grief. Went to see Guardians 2 (The Feels-in-ing), and the woman next to me had so much perfume on that it caused my nose to clog and my throat to constrict enough I nearly left the theater.

Oh that's awful. I never wear perfume when I'm going to a movie. But also I don't bathe in it either when I do wear it.

I hate it when I get stuck close to the up and down person or little kid that won't shut the fuck up.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-05-2017, 12:21 PM
(09-05-2017 12:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Good grief. Went to see Guardians 2 (The Feels-in-ing), and the woman next to me had so much perfume on that it caused my nose to clog and my throat to constrict enough I nearly left the theater.

That's one of my pet peeves as well, although I've never had it happen at a theater. Did you have the option of moving to a different seat? That's what I would have done, unless the theater was full.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
09-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Mother's Day is coming.

Sadcryface

09-05-2017, 12:31 PM
(09-05-2017 12:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Oh that's awful. I never wear perfume when I'm going to a movie. But also I don't bathe in it either when I do wear it.

I hate it when I get stuck close to the up and down person or little kid that won't shut the fuck up.

Dodgy

Thanks, and a little perfume isn't that bad. The other weekend at a party I was at, every woman there was wearing perfume, and it was basically what you said, not bathing in it, so things were perfectly fine. (Just popped some ibuprofen for the headache too.)

Oh my God, so glad not to have the former at least (though there was a group of kids there...assuming homeschooled, since school is in session and they were with an adult) that wouldn't shut the hell up. One bit of pettiness I'll admit to, it made me smile on the other side of me, because the guy on the next reclining seat had been using that seat as his personal storage for his popcorn and nachos.

(09-05-2017 12:21 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

That's one of my pet peeves as well, although I've never had it happen at a theater. Did you have the option of moving to a different seat? That's what I would have done, unless the theater was full.

Glad to not be alone in that. And nope, sold out showing. Sort of a first world problem instead of a rant, but I got there at 9am when the theater opened for a 9:45am showing, and there were only 3 seats left that weren't bought online already when I picked mine, and the couple behind me was going as well. (Also an annoyingly loud group of kids with a frazzled woman who seemed to be some sort of homeschooled family if I had to guess.)

(09-05-2017 12:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Mother's Day is coming.

Sadcryface

Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-05-2017, 01:15 PM
(09-05-2017 12:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Mother's Day is coming.

Sadcryface

Don't worry it will probably just fake it to make Father's Day feel better about itself.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Went to the dentist.

Teeth are fine, but my mouth and neck hurts.

Bleh.

10-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Was stupid enough to leave my nametag from work in my shirt pocket when I threw it into the washer.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-05-2017, 04:26 PM
(08-05-2017 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Some worthless piece of shit was arrested for stomping on and throwing a boxer mix puppy and causing multiple fractures of the dogs legs and back.

I am glad to hear that local radio stations are collecting funds to help pay for his care and also that social media around here is sharing the story...complete with the asshole's picture and name.

Maybe he shouldn't have bonded out of jail.

Too bad using Ramsay Bolton's dogs on him isn't an option. Censored

The puppy didn't make it. Sadcryface

As it turns out the POS that did it has a rap sheet a mile long. 27 year old guy who does yard work for people around here. Now I can only hope they pile on some more charges and treat him like the habitual offender he is.

Some days I just hate people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-05-2017, 06:43 PM
(10-05-2017 04:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-05-2017 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Some worthless piece of shit was arrested for stomping on and throwing a boxer mix puppy and causing multiple fractures of the dogs legs and back.

I am glad to hear that local radio stations are collecting funds to help pay for his care and also that social media around here is sharing the story...complete with the asshole's picture and name.

Maybe he shouldn't have bonded out of jail.

Too bad using Ramsay Bolton's dogs on him isn't an option. Censored

The puppy didn't make it. Sadcryface

As it turns out the POS that did it has a rap sheet a mile long. 27 year old guy who does yard work for people around here. Now I can only hope they pile on some more charges and treat him like the habitual offender he is.

Some days I just hate people.

People who willfully hurt animals for pleasure...Like people who harm elderly or little kids....

it makes me worry about humanity.
New rant (because Im too lazy to make a new post)

I've not a damn clue what to cook for dinner for the next several nights. I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight...Thursday and Friday...I haven't a clue.

10-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Local Evangelical Station is running "Supernatural Powers: The Battle Between Good and Evil" a 2006 'documentary' involving confirmed fraud Bill Schnoeblen and a family discussing how they ended up literally burning their son's Goosebumps books, because the Goosebumps books were causing him to be demonically influenced.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post