Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-05-2017, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 07:47 PM by Loom.)
RE: Ranting corner
Someone turned the TV in the break room to some Christian broadcasting station that was basically nothing but Christian ads asking for money so they could spread the 'good news' and give poor kids in impoverished nations a bible.

Because, clearly, a bible is so much more important than, say, food, clean water, or even a good education.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
11-05-2017, 12:36 AM
(10-05-2017 07:32 PM)Loom Wrote:  Someone turned the TV in the break room to some Christian broadcasting station that was basically nothing but Christian ads asking for money so they could spread the 'good news' and give poor kids in impoverished nations a bible.

Because, clearly, a bible is so much more important than, say, food, clean water, or even a good education.

Remember it's not how they live that's important, it's how they die. They're probably *technically* better off than you, because they get to go straight to heaven. Isn't that nice? Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-05-2017, 02:07 AM
(11-05-2017 12:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 07:32 PM)Loom Wrote:  Someone turned the TV in the break room to some Christian broadcasting station that was basically nothing but Christian ads asking for money so they could spread the 'good news' and give poor kids in impoverished nations a bible.

Remember it's not how they live that's important, it's how they die. They're probably *technically* better off than you, because they get to go straight to heaven. Isn't that nice? Dodgy

> Well, you have to keep in mind that, as far as the evangelical preachers are concerned:

Jesus + The Bible = Food
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
11-05-2017, 09:27 AM
The windshield wipers are fucking schizophrenic.

I spend waaay too many months driving in the rain to deal with that bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Hug Totally get how you feel. One coworker always has KLOVE (Christian radio) on. They're "ad free" and listener supported, except they also have supporters who are business partners, so they say "Do you need dental care? In Go to..." etc. Plus endless requests for money for projects that don't go to help the poor or suffering in this life.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Feeling sick over this reunion thing coming up. I really need to tell my mom that I just can't go and that I'll be too uncomfortable. It'd be a long drive up to Arkansas from Texas, just to be there for the weekend and have my mom's family singing church songs and shit. Confused I told myself that I was "catastrophising" and that it wouldn't be all that bad. That there was more to the family than religion/church. So I had tentatively agreed to go. But that was before my mom asked if they could borrow my keyboard so that my aunt can play hymns and everyone sing along.

Ugh. I do not want to have this conversation. She'll think that my discomfort would be because the holy spirit was convicting me or some such shit. When really it is just that it's all so bizarre to me now and I have nothing in common with these people anymore. Why would I ride in the car all that way just to feel really uncomfortable for the weekend?

But I'm afraid she'll plead with me to go or say it won't be that bad (she has no clue how I feel) or can't I do this for her or maybe cry or who knows. I'd be shocked if she was just like whatevs. I dunno.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
12-05-2017, 01:56 PM
QFT

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
12-05-2017, 02:45 PM
It's cold and damnit I refuse to turn the heat on.

Found out my ring won't be ready until after 5pm tomorrow.

They close at 6. Dodgy

They're closed on sundays.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2017, 03:23 PM
There's nothing like getting a little freon in your eyes on a Friday afternoon. Dodgy

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-05-2017, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 05:29 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Blah, in here grading papers, student sends me a hasty email asking when I'll be in my office so we can meet and asks I reply 'asap'. I do, and so far nothing, 10 minutes later. Same guy is the one I've given three paper extensions to, been stood up by for scheduled meetings half a dozen times, and came in on a Spring Break day to give him a test at his request (and he didn't show). Will he show now? God only knows. I've been trying to be very helpful and understanding with him, but really, it's almost 5pm on the Friday of Finals Week, and my patience is less than optimal.

Edit: It's now been 20 minutes with no reply or him showing up at office door. I sent my reply to him within 60 seconds of receiving the email. Dodgy

Edit 2: Took him about an hour and 20 minutes to show. He thanked me, that was nice!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post