Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-05-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-05-2017 03:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Blah, in here grading papers, student sends me a hasty email asking when I'll be in my office so we can meet and asks I reply 'asap'. I do, and so far nothing, 10 minutes later. Same guy is the one I've given three paper extensions to, been stood up by for scheduled meetings half a dozen times, and came in on a Spring Break day to give him a test at his request (and he didn't show). Will he show now? God only knows. I've been trying to be very helpful and understanding with him, but really, it's almost 5pm on the Friday of Finals Week, and my patience is less than optimal.

Edit: It's now been 20 minutes with no reply or him showing up at office door. I sent my reply to him within 60 seconds of receiving the email. Dodgy

Fuck that shit. I'd leave a note on the door saying that you patiently waited for x minutes and are leaving for the night. So sad too bad

Can't be fucked to reply to an email or even check...doesn't show up for accommodations he requests...enjoy the fail. He's earned it.

There's a reason I'm a mom and not a teacher.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2017, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 05:19 PM by Escape Artist.)
Fuck me I cannot handle being in my mom's presence for even an hour. Rolleyes Let's see, what all did she say... Oh, that "they" (I guess she meant transgender people) take things way too far, especially Target. They just push their stuff too far. She said why don't they just make a family restroom that way if you "don't know what you are or you think you're a man or a woman" you can just go in there. Said why do they have to push it on everyone. They didn't push shit, if you ask me. Just let transgender folks know they were welcome at Target. But Gasp that's such a horrible thing, right?

She talked about how there were a few people who didn't like Obama but did Republicans get out there and not go to work to go and protest like the "stupid kids" today? I just kept my fucking mouth shut on that one. Yeah mom there was absolutely not a ton of BS over Obama or whiny Repubs over that business. Not a peep. Dodgy

And then she talked about how she doesn't want to live 'til her 80's, doesn't want to be away from my dad that long. Said that she "knows" she'll have eternity with him, but she wants to be with him now. She doesn't know shit. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that this heaven she "knows" about exists. Has she ever even thought about this? So she's just going to apparently never try and date again? Or meet someone new? It's her life, but it sounds miserable to me. She's going to spend the rest of her days alone, it seems, because she thinks she will be with my dad again. It is sad to see her waste what short a life we have here. Again, her life, her time, not my business, but it is sad nonetheless.

She asked if I was going to the reunion and I said I wasn't sure. Said I was still trying to decide. She asked why I thought I might not want to go. I didn't want to get into the religious stuff, especially not after the political shit that was said. She was like tuning into Faux News. Oh! That was another thing. She was saying that so much stuff has come out about the media and that they're all bought and it's just all fake. I cringe to think that she actually supports Trump. I mean is that what she's saying? Anyway back to the reunion. She was talking about my cousin's babies and all this stuff and I just don't give a shit about seeing these people's babies. Sorry. I don't care. These are people who came down maybe once a year and don't get me wrong, we had some fun times, but i haven't seen these people in years and I just don't care if I ever see them again. Religion was the big tying factor in the family and that is not me anymore.

I did forget however that the Catholics in the family are going. Their presence would be a relief to me, honestly. A lot of times, at least with the Catholics on my dad's side (this reunion is for my mom's side, but I digress), when prayers would be said by the nutso Baptists in my family, they would keep their eyes open. Not sure why (maybe Shai could shed some light on this?) but at least I'd have some company. At least another viewpoint would be represented. Another belief system. Because although Catholics are christians too, if you ask Baptists, they may as well be devil worshipers. I should just tell my mom that I converted to Catholicism and just didn't want to break it to her. Tongue

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour myself a drink. >.>

Never mind - Rev is getting me a strong drink. Smile So incredibly thankful to live with a sane person. Get so tired of the crazy nutjobs in Texas.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Yasss, Revs' drink is working. Big Grin

12-05-2017, 05:42 PM
(12-05-2017 03:23 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  There's nothing like getting a little freon in your eyes on a Friday afternoon. Dodgy

Dodgy Where were your safety goggles, son?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-05-2017, 05:46 PM
(12-05-2017 05:31 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yasss, Revs' drink is working. Big Grin

Go write that rant on a piece of paper (typing is allowed), fold it up until it is all pointy, and imagine shoving it up the offending person's posterior (with a ten foot pole, if you don't want to get too close) while you set it on fire. Evil_monster

This prescription brought to you by Dr. Fireball. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-05-2017, 05:52 PM
(12-05-2017 05:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 05:31 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yasss, Revs' drink is working. Big Grin

Go write that rant on a piece of paper (typing is allowed), fold it up until it is all pointy, and imagine shoving it up the offending person's posterior (with a ten foot pole, if you don't want to get too close) while you set it on fire. Evil_monster

This prescription brought to you by Dr. Fireball. Yes

Thank you Dr. Fireball Big Grin

12-05-2017, 06:42 PM
(12-05-2017 05:42 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 03:23 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  There's nothing like getting a little freon in your eyes on a Friday afternoon. Dodgy

Dodgy Where were your safety goggles, son?

No. I usually don't have to worry about it, but I was using a particular kind needed for purging the lines (which I don't normally do. When switching from an R-22 unit to a modern 410-A I usually just replace the lines, but you get the occasional customer who wants to pinch pennies). It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to irritate them a little until i could flush my eyes.

I can still see and I'm not hallucinating, so I'm okay.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-05-2017, 07:07 PM
(12-05-2017 04:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck that shit. I'd leave a note on the door saying that you patiently waited for x minutes and are leaving for the night. So sad too bad

Can't be fucked to reply to an email or even check...doesn't show up for accommodations he requests...enjoy the fail. He's earned it.

There's a reason I'm a mom and not a teacher.

I was quite tempted. Quite. My coworker R. and I have both been told we're too nice at times by our Chair. Though given I was ranting on here, that may just be a partial truth; willing to wait, but cranky about it in private. Fortunately, this kid has no classes he needs now that I teach. So thank God, he's not my problem again (hopefully).

(12-05-2017 05:11 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I did forget however that the Catholics in the family are going. Their presence would be a relief to me, honestly. A lot of times, at least with the Catholics on my dad's side (this reunion is for my mom's side, but I digress), when prayers would be said by the nutso Baptists in my family, they would keep their eyes open. Not sure why (maybe Shai could shed some light on this?) but at least I'd have some company. At least another viewpoint would be represented. Another belief system. Because although Catholics are christians too, if you ask Baptists, they may as well be devil worshipers. I should just tell my mom that I converted to Catholicism and just didn't want to break it to her. Tongue

No clue. Tongue Personal guess? They find their prayers just as bullshit as you do/have been offended so many times they don't give two craps. It goes with the "Devil worshippers" territory when dealing with Baptists, at least in my own experiences. (I lost a third of my Facebook friends that I had grown up with, after turning my religion to Catholic back when I converted.)

Hope that drink is helping! And hey, if you want to sell that conversion illusion completely, RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) has no requirement you join at the end of it...so you know, if you just want to take 3 hour classes once per week on Catholicism for 9 months to fully sell your illusion.... Tongue (I know, the answer is a resounding "no". But now you have some lingo if you went that route and she asked questions!)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-05-2017, 07:18 PM
(12-05-2017 07:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 05:11 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I did forget however that the Catholics in the family are going. Their presence would be a relief to me, honestly. A lot of times, at least with the Catholics on my dad's side (this reunion is for my mom's side, but I digress), when prayers would be said by the nutso Baptists in my family, they would keep their eyes open. Not sure why (maybe Shai could shed some light on this?) but at least I'd have some company. At least another viewpoint would be represented. Another belief system. Because although Catholics are christians too, if you ask Baptists, they may as well be devil worshipers. I should just tell my mom that I converted to Catholicism and just didn't want to break it to her. Tongue

No clue. Tongue Personal guess? They find their prayers just as bullshit as you do/have been offended so many times they don't give two craps. It goes with the "Devil worshippers" territory when dealing with Baptists, at least in my own experiences. (I lost a third of my Facebook friends that I had grown up with, after turning my religion to Catholic back when I converted.)

Hope that drink is helping! And hey, if you want to sell that conversion illusion completely, RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) has no requirement you join at the end of it...so you know, if you just want to take 3 hour classes once per week on Catholicism for 9 months to fully sell your illusion.... Tongue (I know, the answer is a resounding "no". But now you have some lingo if you went that route and she asked questions!)

Big Grin Thanks, Shai. ^__^

Yeah, baptists (Southern Baptists for sure) give Catholics a hard time. Undecided At least Catholics are a little more chill. They can at least drink a beer now and then. Hobo And their churches are pretty unlike the bare-ass ugly Baptist ones. Smile

12-05-2017, 07:26 PM
(12-05-2017 07:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 07:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  No clue. Tongue Personal guess? They find their prayers just as bullshit as you do/have been offended so many times they don't give two craps. It goes with the "Devil worshippers" territory when dealing with Baptists, at least in my own experiences. (I lost a third of my Facebook friends that I had grown up with, after turning my religion to Catholic back when I converted.)

Big Grin Thanks, Shai. ^__^

Yeah, baptists (Southern Baptists for sure) give Catholics a hard time. Undecided At least Catholics are a little more chill. They can at least drink a beer now and then. Hobo And their churches are pretty unlike the bare-ass ugly Baptist ones. Smile

Glad to help some! Big Grin

And oy...Southern Baptists, that's even worse than American Baptists. No Makes your post seem even more sad reunion wise. And fair points on the churches and the booze. Smile If you do go, it sounds like time to hang with the Catholics, pretend to be Papist if needed!

Two fun stories that go with your beer point? Once drank with a group of (old enough) students in grad school, in the Catholic Student Association, and a priest in the basement of a church while we watched an exorcism movie. The priest's reaction to seeing us drinking was to say, "[Person] do you have one for me?" "Of course we do Father." Tongue Also at our Theology on Tap-esque thing (we ripped it off to avoid licensing fees) the priest would sometimes come out and drink in the bar with his collar on, to the amazement of some onlookers.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post