Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-05-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So I'm drinking a tea from Chick-fil-A mixed with some Jameson whiskey that Rev mixed into it. This surely earns me a pass into like the seventh circle of Hell right? Or, you know, whatever particularly bad level of hell there is. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Well you may end up in Southern Baptist Hell for drinking the Devil's brew while mixing it with the double whammy of Southern holiness that is a Sweet Tea and a Chick Fil-A product. Tongue

However, I think the Simpsons summed up the Catholic view on booze well enough in such a case:

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Yanno, what really pisses me off?

When I'm watching a documentary about an environmental problem and concern, but whole documentary is about the problem...30 minutes into this 90 minute thing, I'm screaming...I get it! It's bad! What do we do?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2017, 09:20 PM
(12-05-2017 07:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yanno, what really pisses me off?

When I'm watching a documentary about an environmental problem and concern, but whole documentary is about the problem...30 minutes into this 90 minute thing, I'm screaming...I get it! It's bad! What do we do?

Yeah, if I went to the boss with a report of a problem, I'd be sure to have a solution for that problem. I considered it my job to look for problems when I did my job. I used to get grief from some management by bringing up problems that had no set resolution. The reason was, they'd let it fester until the schedule took a hit instead of planning a solution months in advance. After awhile, that mindset picked up a little traction. You US taxpayers can thank me. I have a documented $33M savings on one program I supported, for example. Believe it or not, that was the year I got my worst performance appraisal, ever. Some of the management was pretty ate up. That supervisor got a week off without pay, a little after that debacle. Laugh out load And I got a new manager.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
13-05-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't wanna go anywhere or do anything today. Sad

13-05-2017, 06:43 PM
My fucking ring isn't ready.

Won't be now until ducking Tuesday.

13-05-2017, 07:01 PM
(13-05-2017 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My fucking ring isn't ready.

Oh no Ohmy
I hope you get it soon so you can fuck again. Good luck, we'll be rooting for you. Stay strong Hug

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
13-05-2017, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 08:28 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Me: Man, I'm tired, gonna go to bed after a little channel surfing.

Land on local Evangelical channel...

Creation is a theological issue, not a scientific issue. Any study of creation must come in theology because it's a word from God. Theology by the way used to be called the 'Queen of the Sciences' because in the ultimate reigning truth, it's theology."

"For centuries, Creation was a theological issue not a scientific one" *sigh* "Then came Darwin. He stole Creation and tried to put it in human hands. He did a great disservice to all mankind."

"Pre-Darwin, no one was confused by it. In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth."

"Don't we have to bring science to Genesis to be intellectually honest? There are a large number of Christians who seem to think so. But get past that notion, get past that idea that science gives any understanding of Creation...there is no scientific way to explain Creation. It was not a natural event or a series of natural events, it was a giant supernatural event that can't be explained by science. All science is based on observation and no one observed Creation."

"If you accept evolution, you reject the Bible, that's all there is."

"Yes animals change, but that has nothing to do with Creation."

"Where were you when he laid the foundations of the Earth? No evolutionist can answer that, they were nowhere!"

"Have you ever caused the dawn to know its place!? Hah!"

"I don't understand Creation scientists who try to use science. You can't use science to prove this."

And episode is over with a plug for their website: https://www.gty.org/

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-05-2017, 08:21 PM
(13-05-2017 08:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Pre-Darwin, no one was confused by it..."
Laugh out load
People have been confused by pretty much everything at every point in history.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
13-05-2017, 08:23 PM
(13-05-2017 07:01 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My fucking ring isn't ready.

Oh no Ohmy
I hope you get it soon so you can fuck again. Good luck, we'll be rooting for you. Stay strong Hug

Dodgy

It's my wedding ring. But yeah...I get it...

Facepalm