Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-05-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-05-2017 07:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It was option 4.
Of course, it was option 4. OF FUCKING COURSE!
*insert disgruntled rant here*

At least it wasn't option 5.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2017, 10:12 AM
(15-05-2017 07:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It was option 4.
Of course, it was option 4. OF FUCKING COURSE!
*insert disgruntled rant here*

Take a look at your personnel policy manual. Where I used to work, failure to promote a person without cause was called economic harassment. I was going to pursue a case for that, but when I discovered that I was in a position to retire 3 years earlier than I had told them (which is a question that should never be asked), I left instead. You're at the beginning, so check into it.
15-05-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't want to lie to get out of the reunion trip. I don't have work stuff that just comes up. That's not how my job works. Also wouldn't want to fake being sick just to not go. I want to be upfront and just say that I don't think I'll be comfortable around all the religious stuff that'll be going on (or that seems like will be going on) but I don't think that excuse will be "good enough" for her. She won't understand why it would make me uncomfortable. Or she'll then think that I really do need to go because my discomfort could be the holy spirit working on me and she wants me "back in the fold" - if she even really believes I'm out of the fold. I have no clue.

Sometimes it's like she still thinks I'm a christian. Or like, she thinks that I'm just not going to church, or maybe like the kids thinks I'm just pretending to be an atheist so me and Rev can be together. Because she'll talk about political stuff or church stuff as if I agree with all the things she's saying. She'll malign "the left" not realizing that uh... yeah, she's talking about me.

So yeah the bad part would be that I don't know that she'll "accept" the real reason I don't want to go. Or if she did, she might ask if I could go anyway, and do it for her. The part I am hung up on is, we fairly recently "made up" over something she'd said to me many years ago that I had never gotten over because she'd never really apologized for it. For a while she said she didn't remember saying it, and then she gave a sort of half-apology, but within the last year or so, she gave me a card and it just said exactly what it needed to say in order for me to feel, "yes mom, I can forgive you now" 'cause it felt like she really "got it", finally. So I feel like maybe I owe her for that? Like, she finally really apologized so now I owe her to go to this? Or I have things I'll think like "Well she is the only parent I have left, so I owe her" but I honestly couldn't care less about seeing her relatives ever again. I'm like a foreigner around them. We have nothing in common. The god stuff just feels like this huge gulf that cannot be crossed.

Eh, I'll figure out something.

We would be leaving on a Friday morning, going from Texas aaaalllllll the way to Arkansas, then would be heading back to Texas on Sunday morning. So on the one hand it's a short time actually there in Arkansas but because it's such a long drive, I would just be riding with my mom and so I'd be trapped in the car with her and ready to gouge my ears out if she went into politics or religion (which would inevitably happen) and then once there, I'd have no way to just up and leave. And if I took my own car, if I felt like I might have to up and leave early, there's no sense in going anyway. If I can't hack a single weekend w/o wanting to up and leave, there is no point in going at all. Certainly don't want to rack up that many miles on my car for a trip I don't even want to go on.

15-05-2017, 01:12 PM
(15-05-2017 11:30 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't want to lie to get out of the reunion trip. I don't have work stuff that just comes up. That's not how my job works. Also wouldn't want to fake being sick just to not go. I want to be upfront and just say that I don't think I'll be comfortable around all the religious stuff that'll be going on (or that seems like will be going on) but I don't think that excuse will be "good enough" for her. She won't understand why it would make me uncomfortable. Or she'll then think that I really do need to go because my discomfort could be the holy spirit working on me and she wants me "back in the fold" - if she even really believes I'm out of the fold. I have no clue.

Sometimes it's like she still thinks I'm a christian. Or like, she thinks that I'm just not going to church, or maybe like the kids thinks I'm just pretending to be an atheist so me and Rev can be together. Because she'll talk about political stuff or church stuff as if I agree with all the things she's saying. She'll malign "the left" not realizing that uh... yeah, she's talking about me.

So yeah the bad part would be that I don't know that she'll "accept" the real reason I don't want to go. Or if she did, she might ask if I could go anyway, and do it for her. The part I am hung up on is, we fairly recently "made up" over something she'd said to me many years ago that I had never gotten over because she'd never really apologized for it. For a while she said she didn't remember saying it, and then she gave a sort of half-apology, but within the last year or so, she gave me a card and it just said exactly what it needed to say in order for me to feel, "yes mom, I can forgive you now" 'cause it felt like she really "got it", finally. So I feel like maybe I owe her for that? Like, she finally really apologized so now I owe her to go to this? Or I have things I'll think like "Well she is the only parent I have left, so I owe her" but I honestly couldn't care less about seeing her relatives ever again. I'm like a foreigner around them. We have nothing in common. The god stuff just feels like this huge gulf that cannot be crossed.

We would be leaving on a Friday morning, going from Texas aaaalllllll the way to Arkansas, then would be heading back to Texas on Sunday morning. So on the one hand it's a short time actually there in Arkansas but because it's such a long drive, I would just be riding with my mom and so I'd be trapped in the car with her and ready to gouge my ears out if she went into politics or religion (which would inevitably happen) and then once there, I'd have no way to just up and leave. And if I took my own car, if I felt like I might have to up and leave early, there's no sense in going anyway. If I can't hack a single weekend w/o wanting to up and leave, there is no point in going at all. Certainly don't want to rack up that many miles on my car for a trip I don't even want to go on.

I got nothing....

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-05-2017, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2017 01:49 PM by jennybee.)
(15-05-2017 11:30 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't want to lie to get out of the reunion trip. I don't have work stuff that just comes up. That's not how my job works. Also wouldn't want to fake being sick just to not go. I want to be upfront and just say that I don't think I'll be comfortable around all the religious stuff that'll be going on (or that seems like will be going on) but I don't think that excuse will be "good enough" for her. She won't understand why it would make me uncomfortable. Or she'll then think that I really do need to go because my discomfort could be the holy spirit working on me and she wants me "back in the fold" - if she even really believes I'm out of the fold. I have no clue.

I think it goes back to what's the bigger of the two stressors because it sounds like you are potentially going to have stress either way: go and you want to gouge your eyes out, don't go and face your mom being pissed. It then boils down to which stress can you better deal with-which is the lesser of two evils (so to speak Wink )?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-05-2017, 02:42 PM
I forgot my towel. I always forget my fucking towel.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-05-2017, 02:45 PM
(15-05-2017 11:30 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't want to lie to get out of the reunion trip.

In 35 years I've never been to any of my class reunions. I have however crashed the reunions of a bunch of other classes just for the hell of it.

Just take the reverent reverend with you. Problem solved.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-05-2017, 02:58 PM
(15-05-2017 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 11:30 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't want to lie to get out of the reunion trip.

In 35 years I've never been to any of my class reunions. I have however crashed the reunions of a bunch of other classes just for the hell of it.

Nope, I have already been informed, indirectly, that I am not invited and not wanted. Besides why the fuck I wanna go hang out with a bunch of racist religious nuts. I told her to just tell her Mom no but she don't like confrontation so she is dragging it out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-05-2017, 03:02 PM
(15-05-2017 02:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In 35 years I've never been to any of my class reunions. I have however crashed the reunions of a bunch of other classes just for the hell of it.

Nope, I have already been informed, indirectly, that I am not invited and not wanted. Besides why the fuck I wanna go hang out with a bunch of racist religious nuts. I told her to just tell her Mom no but she don't like confrontation so she is dragging it out.

Well, there's your out right there. If it was me, I would tell my mom that I really don't want to associate with people who are not willing to include someone who is a big part of my life.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-05-2017, 03:04 PM
(15-05-2017 02:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just take the reverent reverend with you. Problem solved.

Nope, I have already been informed, indirectly, that I am not invited and not wanted. Besides why the fuck I wanna go hang out with a bunch of racist religious nuts.

For the shits and giggles obviously. Also you should get drunk first. Everything's funny with a belly full of booze.

And why is her mother going? That just sounds creepy. Mom gonna cougar some younger men?

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post