Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-05-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-05-2017 10:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The lady next to me in line at the bagel shop was pissed that there were no more gourmet cheese bagels while she sneezed all over everyone.

You should have slit her throat right there, defence in court, deployment of biological warfare
against you, assholes who insist on spreading germs and not staying home are total dicks Imo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-05-2017, 10:34 AM
(20-05-2017 10:27 AM)adey67 Wrote:  assholes who insist on spreading germs and not staying home are total dicks Imo

You do realise people don't only sneeze when they have the plague, right? [Image: sneeze.gif]

Once, in the middle of the bird (or was it swine?) flu scare some years ago, I had a bit of a coughing fit on the bus (wasn't even sick, just something in my throat) and the person sitting next to me stood up and changed seats. (No, we hadn't actually had bird (or was it swine?) flu cases in Bulgaria at that point Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-05-2017, 10:45 AM
(20-05-2017 10:34 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(20-05-2017 10:27 AM)adey67 Wrote:  assholes who insist on spreading germs and not staying home are total dicks Imo

You do realise people don't only sneeze when they have the plague, right? [Image: sneeze.gif]

Once, in the middle of the bird (or was it swine?) flu scare some years ago, I had a bit of a coughing fit on the bus (wasn't even sick, just something in my throat) and the person sitting next to me stood up and changed seats. (No, we hadn't actually had bird (or was it swine?) flu cases in Bulgaria at that point Facepalm
Yes I do know that being a registered nurse and all, it was supposed to be humorous mostly, but it is annoying when people decide to spread germs without thought for perhaps the elderly or young children or those who's immune system is compromised by HIV or cancer treatment
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-05-2017, 12:05 PM
I just told someone this would happen and it did. Angry Basically amidst all the stuff this morning, I forgot to bring lunch with me, so placed an order with Dominos for delivery. Every time I've had them deliver to work, the same thing happens, they go to the dorms, then call me sounding angry and suspicious saying, "They say no one by that name lives in the dorm, where are you?" Every time I've put under the special instructions tab, "Not in the dorms, office [number] in [office building]", in addition to the name of the building and office number already being on the address section. Thus I end up going out, as I just did, in the rain, to get my delivery pizza, in the parking lot, because Dominos has yet to hire anyone capable of following simple instructions. (Also my building's name is in letters on the side of the building, facing the main road into campus.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-05-2017, 02:24 PM
(20-05-2017 12:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just told someone this would happen and it did. Angry Basically amidst all the stuff this morning, I forgot to bring lunch with me, so placed an order with Dominos for delivery. Every time I've had them deliver to work, the same thing happens, they go to the dorms, then call me sounding angry and suspicious saying, "They say no one by that name lives in the dorm, where are you?" Every time I've put under the special instructions tab, "Not in the dorms, office [number] in [office building]", in addition to the name of the building and office number already being on the address section. Thus I end up going out, as I just did, in the rain, to get my delivery pizza, in the parking lot, because Dominos has yet to hire anyone capable of following simple instructions. (Also my building's name is in letters on the side of the building, facing the main road into campus.)

I hope you enjoyed your pizza.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
20-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Garage sales

So very much suck

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Ranting corner
(20-05-2017 05:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Garage sales

So very much suck

Go to estate sales instead.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
20-05-2017, 06:01 PM
(20-05-2017 02:24 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(20-05-2017 12:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just told someone this would happen and it did. Angry Basically amidst all the stuff this morning, I forgot to bring lunch with me, so placed an order with Dominos for delivery. Every time I've had them deliver to work, the same thing happens, they go to the dorms, then call me sounding angry and suspicious saying, "They say no one by that name lives in the dorm, where are you?" Every time I've put under the special instructions tab, "Not in the dorms, office [number] in [office building]", in addition to the name of the building and office number already being on the address section. Thus I end up going out, as I just did, in the rain, to get my delivery pizza, in the parking lot, because Dominos has yet to hire anyone capable of following simple instructions. (Also my building's name is in letters on the side of the building, facing the main road into campus.)

I hope you enjoyed your pizza.

Thumbsup

Thanks Smile It was actually the best pizza I've had in months. So that was a definite positive!!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
21-05-2017, 04:34 PM
I've determined garage sales aren't worth the effort.

Two days of work and just made a few hundred bucks.

The tax write off would have been better. But at least now we can pay to have the carpets cleaned and maybe rent a larger truck to haul the rest of of shit to the dumps.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-05-2017, 05:19 PM
(21-05-2017 04:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've determined garage sales aren't worth the effort.

Two days of work and just made a few hundred bucks.

The tax write off would have been better. But at least now we can pay to have the carpets cleaned and maybe rent a larger truck to haul the rest of of shit to the dumps.

I have yet to figure out how people make money having a garage sale. When you factor in the amount of time it takes to get it set up and to sit through it and haggle over 50 cents, it sure seems like a giant waste of time and effort.

If you have really good stuff an estate sale would be the way to go. For everything else...donate and discard are the way to go.

When we moved from Arizona years ago we had a garage sale (my ex's idea). I told him I would help set up then it was all him. I came walking out of the bathroom after taking a shower to find two elderly women going through the kitchen cabinets and making a pile of my dishes and glass cookware. When they saw me they wanted to know how much...I told them we were moving but still planned to eat and also guided them to the door so they could go back outside where the stuff was we were willing to sell. I attempted two garage sales before moving here...yeah...that paid about $.02 per hour of my time (and that's rounding up). Dodgy

Never again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post