Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-05-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-05-2017 06:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 06:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Vera, we must turn Shai to the dark side Hobo Wink

Well, you can lead a Shai-ing horse to the fountain of truth but you cannot make him drink, as 'twere Rolleyes

Also, I wouldn't call it the dark side. More like the full spectrum, with a myriad of colours and shades of grey (don't anybody even *think* about it Dodgy ) as opposed to the simplistic, childish, black-and-white world of religion...

Good point, I like the way you think. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2017, 06:29 AM
Heh! You're the third person to say almost those same words in the last couple of days...

... to which I invariably reply that my thinking is more like herding cats than anything else, thoughts running every which way and me trying to follow them all at once Rolleyes

[Image: hmkyv9.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-05-2017, 08:18 AM
(22-05-2017 06:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 05:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  Shai, you should go. You know we're more fun than your kind Tongue

And of course it's true - you know how religions *love* their thought crimes Dodgy

[Image: 86a6d3308825a0b14620347a88df4377.jpg]

Muffsy, that made me laugh way more than it should have and now I am embarass (sic)

Vera, we must turn Shai to the dark side Hobo Wink

I rather hope he takes a while. Now that KC is off the theistwagon we need a smart articulate well reasoned pet theist to point to when people accuse us of bias and not letting theists have a say.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-05-2017, 09:55 AM
I'm debating, I really should go to Costco.

And I really don't want to.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-05-2017, 02:51 PM
No Costco

Its too hot for that shit today.

Might try to go on Wednesday. If I don't then it will wait until after the holiday.

Oh, opened the salad I bought on Friday last week and it's already turned to shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2017, 03:38 PM
(22-05-2017 02:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No Costco

Might try to go on Wednesday. If I don't then it will wait until after the holiday.

Oh, opened the salad I bought on Friday last week and it's already turned to shit.

Its fucking hot in southern England today too, nearly died of heatstroke mowing the lawn fortunately my salad was unspoiled, sorry to hear about yours nothing worse than having your heart set on a certain supper only to have it messed up. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-05-2017, 03:51 PM
(22-05-2017 03:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 02:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No Costco

Its fucking hot in southern England today too, nearly died of heatstroke mowing the lawn ...

This reminds me of an experience I had about a week ago. I was preparing my bicycle for one of my 40-mile hilly rides (putting air in the tires, etc.), and I was having trouble with one of the tires -- I wasn't getting a good seal between the pump and the valve, and the air was leaking out about as fast as I was pumping it in. So I started pumping furiously, trying to "outrace" the leak, and after a minute or so of this, I was about to have a heart attack. I had to take a break, and it took me several minutes to get my breath back. Mind you, I can do the 40-mile hilly ride with no major problems. In view of that, I find it hilarious that I just about killed myself pumping up the tires.

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-05-2017, 04:04 PM
(22-05-2017 03:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 03:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Its fucking hot in southern England today too, nearly died of heatstroke mowing the lawn ...

This reminds me of an experience I had about a week ago. I was preparing my bicycle for one of my 40-mile hilly rides (putting air in the tires, etc.), and I was having trouble with one of the tires -- I wasn't getting a good seal between the pump and the valve, and the air was leaking out about as fast as I was pumping it in. So I started pumping furiously, trying to "outrace" the leak, and after a minute or so of this, I was about to have a heart attack. I had to take a break, and it took me several minutes to get my breath back. Mind you, I can do the 40-mile hilly ride with no major problems. In view of that, I find it hilarious that I just about killed myself pumping up the tires.

Laugh out load

Fuck me 40 miles Shocking It would take me about ten days to do that on a bike. You da man, seriously. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-05-2017, 04:15 PM
(21-05-2017 10:43 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Clockwork? Been a while since I've seen you around. Smile Or else I'm just very unobservant. Blush
Nah, not been here often. So you didn't overlook me!
22-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Let's all watch as our edit time gets shorter and shorter until once you hit post...that's it. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post