Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-05-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So due to my ex's negligence in maintaining health insurance coverage for the kids, $500 was spent out of pocket to cover two months worth of my daughter's prescriptions (which she can't just stop cold turkey) and doctor visits (and that was after I canceled two because it was getting so out-of-hand) while I was scrambling to get their renewal application in and approved.

He had said to give him a total once all was said and done and he'd pay back half. He should pay us back the whole fucking thing, the bastard. We'll be lucky if we get back the measly half he said he'd pay. Fucker should be paying me child support since the kids live here full-time.

But the stress of going to court and possibly being awarded child support only to have him wriggle out of it is just not worth it. Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-05-2017, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 06:02 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(21-05-2017 09:40 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  When she texts me, she'll often include numerous hearts. To me and others she says things like I'm awesome, I'm her hero, she loves me, etc. Ah, see, that's where people jump on it. Immediately some say Sloane is The One. I explain that no, she's not in love. Big difference. Couple days ago I attended her college graduation, so guess what fucking topic has resurfaced...

Zathras says "not the One". But so annoying when people do that with female friends.

(22-05-2017 05:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  Shai, you should go. You know we're more fun than your kind Tongue

And of course it's true - you know how religions *love* their thought crimes Dodgy
However, the organizer is a self described "militant atheist". I imagine if the "how did you leave belief behind" topic came up, it would get swiftly awkward. "Oh come on guys, I donate to FFRF and just bought a book on mythicism." Tongue

Also one of my friends pointed out last night, it would be a horribly heathen day to go too, as it's pub trivia on the Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord. And yes, my guilt is quite aware of thought crimes.

(22-05-2017 06:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Vera, we must turn Shai to the dark side Hobo Wink

But I already have cookies, Death Cookies if you ask the late Jack Chick. Big Grin

(22-05-2017 06:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  Well, you can lead a Shai-ing horse to the fountain of truth but you cannot make him drink, as 'twere Rolleyes

Also, I wouldn't call it the dark side. More like the full spectrum, with a myriad of colours and shades of grey (don't anybody even *think* about it Dodgy ) as opposed to the simplistic, childish, black-and-white world of religion...

As a sandworm, the fountain of truth would cause me to break apart into sandtrout. Angel (Darnit, I would not have thought of that horrible book series had you not said that.) Though grey is my favorite color. Both as a color to wear and as a morality meter.

(22-05-2017 08:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I rather hope he takes a while. Now that KC is off the theistwagon we need a smart articulate well reasoned pet theist to point to when people accuse us of bias and not letting theists have a say.

Or I could just stay me, for the long haul? Tongue Thanks for the compliments, but don't forget Aliza! Unless you just meant Christian theist, instead of a generalized theist. Otherwise, woo, I'm a token Catholic (just like over on PM we have our token atheist since 2006).

(22-05-2017 04:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck me 40 miles Shocking It would take me about ten days to do that on a bike. You da man, seriously. Yes

I know, Grasshopper's more than twice my age and I couldn't do that now. Way to go Grasshopper! Yes

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2017, 05:49 PM
How long is the edit window?
22-05-2017, 05:53 PM
(22-05-2017 05:49 PM)big green mouth Wrote:  How long is the edit window?

It was recently shortened. I am not sure of the time. It used to be quite generous...like days.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-05-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm sick and it sucks cock. But not in a good way of sucking cock but like in a forced prison bitch sucking cock situation kind of way.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh fuck this shit. It's fucking freezing, my heater is dying, I'm sick as fuck and tired as fuck due to not being able to sleep because of the whole cold and sick thing.
Oh and I have work in a bit. I'd have a nap but my heater doesn't reach my bed, it only reaches my desk, so to have a nap means to be cold..er. But if I stay at my desk I'm gonna fall asleep ontop of my keyboard and I can't be fucked doing anything. I think I'm just gonna fall asleep under my desk. Goodnight.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-05-2017, 08:21 PM
(22-05-2017 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm sick and it sucks cock. But not in a good way of sucking cock but like in a forced prison bitch sucking cock situation kind of way.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh fuck this shit. It's fucking freezing, my heater is dying, I'm sick as fuck and tired as fuck due to not being able to sleep because of the whole cold and sick thing.
Oh and I have work in a bit. I'd have a nap but my heater doesn't reach my bed, it only reaches my desk, so to have a nap means to be cold..er. But if I stay at my desk I'm gonna fall asleep ontop of my keyboard and I can't be fucked doing anything. I think I'm just gonna fall asleep under my desk. Goodnight.

He needs more blankees. Should we take up a collection for some fleece?
22-05-2017, 08:23 PM
(22-05-2017 05:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 09:40 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  When she texts me, she'll often include numerous hearts. To me and others she says things like I'm awesome, I'm her hero, she loves me, etc. Ah, see, that's where people jump on it. Immediately some say Sloane is The One. I explain that no, she's not in love. Big difference. Couple days ago I attended her college graduation, so guess what fucking topic has resurfaced...

Zathras says "not the One". But so annoying when people do that with female friends.
But...
No one ever listens to Zathras...
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-05-2017, 03:48 AM
(22-05-2017 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm sick and it sucks cock. But not in a good way of sucking cock but like in a forced prison bitch sucking cock situation kind of way.

Fluids fluids fluids ibuprofen or paracetamol if you can keep it down but keep up the fluids even if being sick as some will still be absorbed.
23-05-2017, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 05:45 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Hope you feel better soon Muffs!

My old TV's sleep timer doesn't work on the remote, so I just mute it at night. This morning for the second time in as many months, it unmuted itself and jolted me awake with CNN. On the positive side, went to the gym. Now I'm listening to a podcast at work, because I have a workshop in two hours.

(22-05-2017 08:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 05:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Zathras says "not the One". But so annoying when people do that with female friends.
But...
No one ever listens to Zathras...

Poor Zathras. Sad

23-05-2017, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 02:56 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Past the edit time, so...it's been a long day full of tiny things that individually aren't much, but overall have left me pissy. From people running red lights and nearly hitting me, to nigh-catastrophic tech issues during a workshop, to idiots in a Catholic FB group I'm in talking about how Harry Potter leads to demonic possession, to a drive by on a friend's wall ranting in heavily sarcastic Christianese that he wants to know why Catholics worship Mary instead of Christ. And you know what, all of that has made me pissy. But all of it is tiny little shit that means nothing.

A family friend's son (can remember babysitting him a few times even, now he's almost done with college.) and his girlfriend just had a baby. In the lead up to the birth, lots of bad things were detected with the heart and such. The kiddo was born premature, and seemed to be doing okay. Then he began to swell. And then his liver failed. And then at a whopping few days old of knowing nothing but pain in his brief existence, he died. Angry Those poor parents and grandparents. No Just damn it. I know life isn't fair, but still, just damn it.