Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-05-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-05-2017 02:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A family friend's son (can remember babysitting him a few times even, now he's almost done with college.) and his girlfriend just had a baby. In the lead up to the birth, lots of bad things were detected with the heart and such. The kiddo was born premature, and seemed to be doing okay. Then he began to swell. And then his liver failed. And then at a whopping few days old of knowing nothing but pain in his brief existence, he died. Angry Those poor parents and grandparents. No Just damn it. I know life isn't fair, but still, just damn it.

Undecided Hug No words.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-05-2017, 03:14 PM
(23-05-2017 02:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Past the edit time, so...it's been a long day full of tiny things that individually aren't much, but overall have left me pissy. From people running red lights and nearly hitting me, to nigh-catastrophic tech issues during a workshop, to idiots in a Catholic FB group I'm in talking about how Harry Potter leads to demonic possession, to a drive by on a friend's wall ranting in heavily sarcastic Christianese that he wants to know why Catholics worship Mary instead of Christ. And you know what, all of that has made me pissy. But all of it is tiny little shit that means nothing.

A family friend's son (can remember babysitting him a few times even, now he's almost done with college.) and his girlfriend just had a baby. In the lead up to the birth, lots of bad things were detected with the heart and such. The kiddo was born premature, and seemed to be doing okay. Then he began to swell. And then his liver failed. And then at a whopping few days old of knowing nothing but pain in his brief existence, he died. Angry Those poor parents and grandparents. No Just damn it. I know life isn't fair, but still, just damn it.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-05-2017, 03:30 PM
(23-05-2017 02:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  Undecided Hug No words.

(23-05-2017 03:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug

Hug to you both. Like, really...I'm pissed and upset and angry and cried about it. But can't even begin to imagine how the parents and grandparents of that baby are taking it. The grandparents on the guy's side are sterile btw, their two sons are both adopted, so I imagine this has to strike them a bit harder perhaps, than it would have otherwise.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2017, 03:33 PM
(23-05-2017 02:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Past the edit time, so...it's been a long day full of tiny things that individually aren't much, but overall have left me pissy. From people running red lights and nearly hitting me, to nigh-catastrophic tech issues during a workshop, to idiots in a Catholic FB group I'm in talking about how Harry Potter leads to demonic possession, to a drive by on a friend's wall ranting in heavily sarcastic Christianese that he wants to know why Catholics worship Mary instead of Christ. And you know what, all of that has made me pissy. But all of it is tiny little shit that means nothing.

A family friend's son (can remember babysitting him a few times even, now he's almost done with college.) and his girlfriend just had a baby. In the lead up to the birth, lots of bad things were detected with the heart and such. The kiddo was born premature, and seemed to be doing okay. Then he began to swell. And then his liver failed. And then at a whopping few days old of knowing nothing but pain in his brief existence, he died. Angry Those poor parents and grandparents. No Just damn it. I know life isn't fair, but still, just damn it.

I'm sorry my friend Sad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-05-2017, 03:35 PM

I'm so sorry Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Hug We are here for you if you need to vent more.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-05-2017, 04:26 PM
I am sorry to hear of this Shai...I don't really know what else to say. Words just can't cover it.

Sad

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-05-2017, 05:44 PM
(23-05-2017 03:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm sorry my friend Sad

(23-05-2017 03:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm so sorry Hug

(23-05-2017 03:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hug We are here for you if you need to vent more.

(23-05-2017 04:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am sorry to hear of this Shai...I don't really know what else to say. Words just can't cover it.
Sad

Thanks all. Hug Just such a senseless waste and such a terrible thing. It doesn't feel like it should be my place to be this upset, given I've not seen the guy who had the kid with his girlfriend for years, but still. Makes me so angry. Vented some on Facebook already too. Those poor people. It must be beyond heartbreaking.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2017, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2017 11:29 AM by Escape Artist.)
Really irritating to see my coworkers' adult children continue to drain her for every dime she's got, even especially so after her husband recently died (he seemed to act as a sort of buffer between she and her kids and seemed to try and keep her from being used by her kids all the time). Fuckin' vampires.

ETA: And let me be clear, I'm not talking about college-age kids who still need parental support or even older adult children who've fallen on hard times and need a place to stay while they work their way back to being financially stable or anything like that. Her youngest is my age (33). Oye. I know the real reason it bothers me to continue to see this woman used like this. I think I fear the same happening to me. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
24-05-2017, 11:52 AM
(23-05-2017 05:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 03:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm sorry my friend Sad

(23-05-2017 03:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm so sorry Hug

(23-05-2017 03:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hug We are here for you if you need to vent more.

(23-05-2017 04:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am sorry to hear of this Shai...I don't really know what else to say. Words just can't cover it.
Sad

Thanks all. Hug Just such a senseless waste and such a terrible thing. It doesn't feel like it should be my place to be this upset, given I've not seen the guy who had the kid with his girlfriend for years, but still. Makes me so angry. Vented some on Facebook already too. Those poor people. It must be beyond heartbreaking.

Fuck off, you are human and also a good man, as atheists we celebrate theists like you and Aliza who maintain your humanity and love inspite of hatred you help us and I applaud that, may your god bless you and bring you peace but more so may you join us too Heart"
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post