Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-05-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(24-05-2017 11:19 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Really irritating to see my coworkers' adult children continue to drain her for every dime she's got, even especially so after her husband recently died (he seemed to act as a sort of buffer between she and her kids and seemed to try and keep her from being used by her kids all the time). Fuckin' vampires.

ETA: And let me be clear, I'm not talking about college-age kids who still need parental support or even older adult children who've fallen on hard times and need a place to stay while they work their way back to being financially stable or anything like that. Her youngest is my age (33). Oye. I know the real reason it bothers me to continue to see this woman used like this. I think I fear the same happening to me. Hobo

Okay, despite being in a better mood today by some, thanks to a friend, fuck those adult kids of your coworker's. What is up with people? Last summer I had unexpected medical expenses and had to borrow about $600 from my parents so I could continue to eat after paying my bills for the last month of the summer (uni doesn't pay us in July, August, or September) and it killed me. I still feel guilty, and I repaid them over the course of my first two months' pay. How people do that to their older parents is just sickening.

One of mom's friends is in a similar boat to your coworker. She's 70 and working two jobs in her retirement to pay for her married adult oldest child's bills because he and his wife don't make enough to support their multiple kids. And one of her other sons got busted for embezzlement and will never get another accounting job again, so she's been helping him with his bills as he awaits trial, after she paid his bail.

(24-05-2017 11:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck off, you are human and also a good man, as atheists we celebrate theists like you and Aliza who maintain your humanity and love inspite of hatred you help us and I applaud that, may your god bless you and bring you peace but more so may you join us too Heart"

Thanks my friend. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2017, 03:09 PM
ugh fml

Find all posts by this user
25-05-2017, 08:13 PM
I've long since made my peace with having curly hair, but one thing that is irritating is that unless you just chop your hair off way short, you can't really get a distinctive style with it. You can cut layers into it, but nobody can tell. Aside from having bangs or not having them or just styling my hair different (like braids, etc.) it just always looks the same.

25-05-2017, 08:34 PM
(25-05-2017 08:13 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I've long since made my peace with having curly hair, but one thing that is irritating is that unless you just chop your hair off way short, you can't really get a distinctive style with it. You can cut layers into it, but nobody can tell. Aside from having bangs or not having them or just styling my hair different (like braids, etc.) it just always looks the same.

And I deal with hair that can sometimes be forced into something that looks sorta wavy but more messy...because my hair is very, very...not curly.

I have an appointment next week because I need my hair trimmed up but am toying with cutting it to maybe shoulder length...I didn't even think about cutting it again till I made the appointment.

Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-05-2017, 09:17 PM
(25-05-2017 08:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 08:13 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I've long since made my peace with having curly hair, but one thing that is irritating is that unless you just chop your hair off way short, you can't really get a distinctive style with it. You can cut layers into it, but nobody can tell. Aside from having bangs or not having them or just styling my hair different (like braids, etc.) it just always looks the same.

And I deal with hair that can sometimes be forced into something that looks sorta wavy but more messy...because my hair is very, very...not curly.

I have an appointment next week because I need my hair trimmed up but am toying with cutting it to maybe shoulder length...I didn't even think about cutting it again till I made the appointment.

Undecided

Maybe they'll have a few suggestions ?
25-05-2017, 09:26 PM
(25-05-2017 09:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 08:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And I deal with hair that can sometimes be forced into something that looks sorta wavy but more messy...because my hair is very, very...not curly.

Undecided

Maybe they'll have a few suggestions ?

Matthew will make suggestions for styles that I cannot duplicate. That means my hair will look good the evening of the appointment only.

I think I am over the age of being able to pull off some of the things he suggests. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

26-05-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm kinda pissed at our secretary. She's yelled at me now three times this week. The first was over the door and her butterfly (mentioned in the Leave a Message thread). The second was over not shutting the main office door when I didn't realize she was in there and I should have (even though the rule has been all two years here, to keep it open if anyone is in the hallway). And now she just sent me a very nasty, rude, and unprofessional email about how my desk is "piled high with junk", and "none of us should have to touch your dirty clothing"...it's a spare set I keep in the office, usually under the desk, but everything was moved on top due to the waxing. And basically just slamming my personal hygiene for two solid paragraphs.

Hey Secretary...the feet stinking? It's a medical condition I use medicated powder for. Also I shower and brush my teeth daily, wear deodorant (and keep a spare stick and two cans of body spray in the office), change my clothing daily, etc. Also, the stuff is on the desk because you said nothing on the floor, but on the furniture would be fine. Btw, I buy Renuzit air fresheners for my office *weekly* to keep it smelling okay...no small feat considering the temperature in this office runs between 75 and 90 degrees on any given day because facilities keeps it at that, which is ten degrees higher than every other office on this floor. Also I've asked a few coworkers from other departments, as well as friends in the private sector, all of them feel your email was "radically inappropriate" to quote one.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
26-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Shai your secretary is presumably subordinate to you both in rank and education (although not necessarily) tell the bitch to fuck off and do her job I'm pretty sure if the role was reversed she would have absolutely no problem putting you in your place. Drinking Beverage
26-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Shai, this really sounds like an HR issue to me. Go there and tell them what transpired.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 12:24 PM
(26-05-2017 12:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Shai, this really sounds like an HR issue to me. Go there and tell them what transpired.
I totally agree with this