Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-05-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-05-2017 12:49 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 12:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would say keep notes on days, times, and EXACTLY what she said to you starting now.

In the meantime...kill her with kindness.

Evil_monster

I *have* been nothing buy kind to her. Dodgy And I am keeping track, starting with the stuff this week.

I wish I lived closer, I could drop by to say hello now and then. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 01:03 PM
(26-05-2017 12:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 12:49 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I *have* been nothing buy kind to her. Dodgy And I am keeping track, starting with the stuff this week.

I wish I lived closer, I could drop by to say hello now and then. Evil_monster

Thanks Hug "Hey, are you the bitch who keeps my friend on the edge of a nervous breakdown?" Seriously, between she and the Chair (whose moods are so mercurial a coworker once said "I don't know each day if she's going to fire me or not"), this work environment is often toxic. Edit: Also in the log I've started, I'm keeping track of when I've come in and she's not been here by her summer hours.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Seriously Shai, stop making excuses for this skank and formulate a plan to fuck her up, you know she would do the same to you if she could. Hobo Evil_monster
26-05-2017, 01:10 PM
(26-05-2017 01:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 12:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I wish I lived closer, I could drop by to say hello now and then. Evil_monster

Thanks Hug "Hey, are you the bitch who keeps my friend on the edge of a nervous breakdown?" Seriously, between she and the Chair (whose moods are so mercurial a coworker once said "I don't know each day if she's going to fire me or not"), this work environment is often toxic. Edit: Also in the log I've started, I'm keeping track of when I've come in and she's not been here by her summer hours.

That would make a great opening line. I am sure I could figure out how to follow it up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

26-05-2017, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2017 02:36 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(26-05-2017 01:08 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Seriously Shai, stop making excuses for this skank and formulate a plan to fuck her up, you know she would do the same to you if she could. Hobo Evil_monster

And probably is. I'm keeping a log with documentation now.

(26-05-2017 01:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 01:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks Hug "Hey, are you the bitch who keeps my friend on the edge of a nervous breakdown?" Seriously, between she and the Chair (whose moods are so mercurial a coworker once said "I don't know each day if she's going to fire me or not"), this work environment is often toxic. Edit: Also in the log I've started, I'm keeping track of when I've come in and she's not been here by her summer hours.

That would make a great opening line. I am sure I could figure out how to follow it up.

I'm sure you could! Big Grin Thanks!

Edit: And now IT emails to say next week on Wednesday, all day, they'll have D2L (our online learning platform) down for maintenance. Wednesday is one of the days of my 5 week workshop on online teaching and how to make the most of... *drumroll* D2L.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2017, 03:41 AM
I gotta stop eating cheese before bbed, last night I dreamt I was on a strange island with temperate rainforest where I stayed in a cabin fucked a hot black chick and then had a geology lecture from Arron Ra and Matt Dillahunty inside a red cave. Shocking
27-05-2017, 04:16 AM
(27-05-2017 03:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I gotta stop eating cheese before bbed, last night I dreamt I was on a strange island with temperate rainforest where I stayed in a cabin fucked a hot black chick and then had a geology lecture from Arron Ra and Matt Dillahunty inside a red cave. Shocking

That may not just be the cheese talking....

Blink
27-05-2017, 04:16 AM
Urgh

Stop it. Just fucking stop it! I'm tired of this bullshit! How are you not getting the message that I don't want you to talk to me!?

I'm having a shitty day because my brain is working particularly bad lately and it hit peak today; you KNOW I'm in a foul mood. You KNOW I don't like talking about how I am doing when I'm in a good mood, let alone a bad one. I am not engaging with your talking at me. Just mhming back at you in the clear hope you'll soon shut up and leave me alone again. Surely you must get that I have nothing's to say.

I don't care that you see a doctor because you get anxiety in a crowd or have psoriasis. I don't care that they taught you basic mindfulness routines. Mine has too. They don't work for me.

Your experience IS NOT MINE YOU JACKASS. I don't need you talking at me like you fucking know a goddamned thing!! Just leave me alone. Forever preferably. You know NOTHING so SIT THE FUCK BACK DOWN IN YOUR GODDAMNED PLAYPEN KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF AND LEAVE ME ALONE

Your inane rambling at me doesn't do anything but very clearly annoy me. No, I won't go to you with a problem, because you are clearly not nor have you ever even hinted at being capable of actually helping with my shit. I am not a tool for your own petty ego boosting. I am not your proxy.

So just go away and leave me to my unending misery, you parasitic toxin.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-05-2017, 05:52 AM
(20-05-2017 08:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So had my first ever religious nut try and convert me today. I know you yanks get this religious shit all the time but here it's so different, I really don't experience anything like it.
Until today. I was working security at work (obviously at work but you know) and this dude came up to me and gave me a flyer for some church. I'm not a rude cunt so I smiled and took it and said thanks. He then asked me if I believed in God, which I, of course, said no, I'm an Atheist. We then proceeded to talk religion and science (he could grasp the concept that Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God and doesn't mean you believe in evolution. But I do believe in evolution so I was happy to talk science and look past his ignorance) for about half an hour. It was actually a rather pleasant conversation. He was very interested in my world view, especially my view on the afterlife (that that's it and I just rot away in the dirt). He gave the classic arguments "but wouldn't you want something to look forward too after you die" and so I gave the classic answers "of course, but that doesn't mean there is something. And besides, I think it's not a bad view to have, your focus becomes about your life and the limited time on this earth than worrying about death".
We talked big bang, morals/laws, afterlife/death, evolution, history and some other topics. It made my boring job rather interesting for a change.

He would ask me something, I would have an answer to it (because he was asking me some pretty basic bitch typical theist shit that's easily debunked/answered) and he wouldn't have a counter to my argument. Like, I don't wanna get my hopes up but I think I actually really made him think and maybe even question his beliefs.

I guarantee he wasn't prepared for my level of knowledge on the topic of religion, history, and science (which is not much compared to others here but compared to a poorly informed theist I'm practically Stephen Hawkings) when he engaged me in conversations in those topics. Not to mention I was doing security for 3 hours so I was bored and had heaps of time AND do you know how long I've been waiting to engage a theist in a conversation in real life face to face?!? so fucking long. It just NEVER happens here.

I hate to take the wind out of your sails, but I have seen this before. You may or may not have planted a seed of doubt. In my experience, if they don't get angry the words are going in one ear and straight out the other. Even being polite, in my experience they get angry and leave as soon as you shake their world view even just a little.
27-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Husband has a plan. I don't think I like the plan. For two days I have been mulling it over and it's still not all that appealing to me.

In a year or so he wants to sell the house and move into an RV...with me and the two dogs. Somehow the cat I have had for nearly four years doesn't get an invite nor do the parrots we have had for over twenty years.

He is younger than I am so even though he would be able to retire from Pepsi pretty soon he would still need to work. So, he is looking at maintenance jobs in state parks. He says I wouldn't have to work...since everything I had got eaten up when I had cancer that means that I would have NO money. He is really weird about money and ours has always been kept separately.

Says we could either live in the RV or a cabin provided by the park system. Has the man met me? I am so not an outdoors cabin kind of person...and neither is he...I can't even get him outside to walk the dogs or get in the pool. His outside time consists of grumbling through mowing the yard.

And where is he talking about going? Maybe New Mexico or Utah...ummm....nope...can't say that I want to be in the middle of nowhere in either of those states. Or....places where there will be six months of snow a year...which he has never experienced...while living in an RV or a cabin.

When we moved here he just decided that he was done with South Carolina (about 15 years after I was done with South Carolina). He drove to Texas, applied for a transfer and left me to arrange showing of the house and packing everything. He had put a 'For Sale' sign in the yard before he left. In SC he was able to sell the house out from under me, I wasn't required to sign anything nor did I know how much he had mortgaged the house with home equity loans over the years. Here in Texas I have to agree to anything that deals with ownership of the house or debt tied to the house...so there's that. He has to have me on board to do this.

He spends his time now looking online for RVs and fifth-wheel trucks online.

Do I get tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Yes, I do. Do I want to be trapped in an RV with no money for the rest of my life...not so much. I like this house! I like where I live.

So this is how I am spending my four day weekend...stressing over what I can get rid of and live without. Where would I find a doctor, dentist, hair dresser, dog groomer, vet? He has already called and talked to someone about opportunities.

If he really decides to do this I won't have a choice. I don't know if I should cry or just go with it or jump off the roof.

FUCK!

Time to go back on Lexapro. Undecided

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post