Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-05-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-05-2017 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband has a plan. I don't think I like the plan. For two days I have been mulling it over and it's still not all that appealing to me.

In a year or so he wants to sell the house and move into an RV...with me and the two dogs. Somehow the cat I have had for nearly four years doesn't get an invite nor do the parrots we have had for over twenty years.

He is younger than I am so even though he would be able to retire from Pepsi pretty soon he would still need to work. So, he is looking at maintenance jobs in state parks. He says I wouldn't have to work...since everything I had got eaten up when I had cancer that means that I would have NO money. He is really weird about money and ours has always been kept separately.

Says we could either live in the RV or a cabin provided by the park system. Has the man met me? I am so not an outdoors cabin kind of person...and neither is he...I can't even get him outside to walk the dogs or get in the pool. His outside time consists of grumbling through mowing the yard.

And where is he talking about going? Maybe New Mexico or Utah...ummm....nope...can't say that I want to be in the middle of nowhere in either of those states. Or....places where there will be six months of snow a year...which he has never experienced...while living in an RV or a cabin.

When we moved here he just decided that he was done with South Carolina (about 15 years after I was done with South Carolina). He drove to Texas, applied for a transfer and left me to arrange showing of the house and packing everything. He had put a 'For Sale' sign in the yard before he left. In SC he was able to sell the house out from under me, I wasn't required to sign anything nor did I know how much he had mortgaged the house with home equity loans over the years. Here in Texas I have to agree to anything that deals with ownership of the house or debt tied to the house...so there's that. He has to have me on board to do this.

He spends his time now looking online for RVs and fifth-wheel trucks online.

Do I get tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Yes, I do. Do I want to be trapped in an RV with no money for the rest of my life...not so much. I like this house! I like where I live.

So this is how I am spending my four day weekend...stressing over what I can get rid of and live without. Where would I find a doctor, dentist, hair dresser, dog groomer, vet? He has already called and talked to someone about opportunities.

If he really decides to do this I won't have a choice. I don't know if I should cry or just go with it or jump off the roof.

FUCK!

Time to go back on Lexapro. Undecided

Maybe rent a RV and take a weekend trip to a campground (along with the dogs). Maybe when he sees what it entails (his not being an outdoorsy person), it may cure him of his interest in doing this long term.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
27-05-2017, 11:23 AM
(27-05-2017 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband has a plan. I don't think I like the plan. For two days I have been mulling it over and it's still not all that appealing to me.

In a year or so he wants to sell the house and move into an RV...with me and the two dogs. Somehow the cat I have had for nearly four years doesn't get an invite nor do the parrots we have had for over twenty years.

He is younger than I am so even though he would be able to retire from Pepsi pretty soon he would still need to work. So, he is looking at maintenance jobs in state parks. He says I wouldn't have to work...since everything I had got eaten up when I had cancer that means that I would have NO money. He is really weird about money and ours has always been kept separately.

Says we could either live in the RV or a cabin provided by the park system. Has the man met me? I am so not an outdoors cabin kind of person...and neither is he...I can't even get him outside to walk the dogs or get in the pool. His outside time consists of grumbling through mowing the yard.

And where is he talking about going? Maybe New Mexico or Utah...ummm....nope...can't say that I want to be in the middle of nowhere in either of those states. Or....places where there will be six months of snow a year...which he has never experienced...while living in an RV or a cabin.

When we moved here he just decided that he was done with South Carolina (about 15 years after I was done with South Carolina). He drove to Texas, applied for a transfer and left me to arrange showing of the house and packing everything. He had put a 'For Sale' sign in the yard before he left. In SC he was able to sell the house out from under me, I wasn't required to sign anything nor did I know how much he had mortgaged the house with home equity loans over the years. Here in Texas I have to agree to anything that deals with ownership of the house or debt tied to the house...so there's that. He has to have me on board to do this.

Do I get tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Yes, I do. Do I want to be trapped in an RV with no money for the rest of my life...not so much. I like this house! I like where I live.

So this is how I am spending my four day weekend...stressing over what I can get rid of and live without. Where would I find a doctor, dentist, hair dresser, dog groomer, vet? He has already called and talked to someone about opportunities.

If he really decides to do this I won't have a choice. I don't know if I should cry or just go with it or jump off the roof.

FUCK!

Maybe rent a RV and take a weekend trip to a campground (along with the dogs). Maybe when he sees what it entails (his not being an outdoorsy person), it may cure him of his interest in doing this long term.

That would be a good idea but he is one to just make a decision, beat his chest to prove he is in charge, and then go for it.

I know where this is coming from. A guy he used to work with took a job with another company. He bought an RV and is heading to CA for eight months to work and will then have another assignment elsewhere...presumably, if all works out.

He will be alone. His wife, kids , and grandkids are staying here in Texas...this will be home base.

UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-05-2017, 11:58 AM
(27-05-2017 11:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe rent a RV and take a weekend trip to a campground (along with the dogs). Maybe when he sees what it entails (his not being an outdoorsy person), it may cure him of his interest in doing this long term.

That would be a good idea but he is one to just make a decision, beat his chest to prove he is in charge, and then go for it.

I know where this is coming from. A guy he used to work with took a job with another company. He bought an RV and is heading to CA for eight months to work and will then have another assignment elsewhere...presumably, if all works out.

He will be alone. His wife, kids , and grandkids are staying here in Texas...this will be home base.

UGH!

Whaaat Shocking Can you leave? Call it a day ? Even if you have to live in a static mobile home on your own? Isn't that better ?????
27-05-2017, 12:09 PM
(27-05-2017 11:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 11:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That would be a good idea but he is one to just make a decision, beat his chest to prove he is in charge, and then go for it.

UGH!

Whaaat Shocking Can you leave? Call it a day ? Even if you have to live in a static mobile home on your own? Isn't that better ?????

I am pretty much stuck. With no money in savings or retirement left and needing the insurance coverage he currently has through work...I am stuck. Welcome to my world. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-05-2017, 12:16 PM
(27-05-2017 12:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 11:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Whaaat Shocking Can you leave? Call it a day ? Even if you have to live in a static mobile home on your own? Isn't that better ?????

I am pretty much stuck. With no money in savings or retirement left and needing the insurance coverage he currently has through work...I am stuck. Welcome to my world. Confused

Catching up...I'm sorry.

I get it...

I'm facing something similar in a couple years.

Meanwhile...it's hotter than hades out and I've got yet another full weekend of house crap.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-05-2017, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 12:25 PM by adey67.)
(27-05-2017 12:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 11:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Whaaat Shocking Can you leave? Call it a day ? Even if you have to live in a static mobile home on your own? Isn't that better ?????

Hug Had you lived in Britain this shit would not have happened Heart
27-05-2017, 03:03 PM
I knew it was coming but couldn't ignore it....I fucking hate being talked to in a condescending manner, especially about certain issues.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-05-2017, 04:51 AM

FUCK!

wtf...
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
28-05-2017, 07:32 AM
(27-05-2017 03:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I knew it was coming but couldn't ignore it....I fucking hate being talked to in a condescending manner, especially about certain issues.

Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2017, 12:52 PM
My mother was pretty upset they've changed the rules for grief dinners at her church (the funeral dinners they do). I can't blame her, because quite frankly it's rather draconian now. Basically you have to be a church member to have a funeral dinner, and at least some of your family members have to be members as well; previously, if a church member had a close relative die, they'd do the funeral dinner.

So to give an example...when my grandmother died, her church didn't even offer to do a funeral dinner, they didn't care. My mom's church however, where my aunt and mother are both members, held one for our grieving extended family. Under the new rules, that wouldn't happen. They just turned down a guy who is a member, whose sister died unexpectedly, for a funeral dinner for his family, because his sister wasn't a member of the church.

Really makes me upset and angry on his behalf, and on behalf of all those they're going to hurt through their callous and un-Christian actions. My mother was quite upset as well, arguing with the committee that changed the rules that they've got the biggest budget of any group in the church, because pretty much the only thing people donate money to is the funeral dinner fund.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post