Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-05-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-05-2017 12:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My mother was pretty upset they've changed the rules for grief dinners at her church (the funeral dinners they do). I can't blame her, because quite frankly it's rather draconian now. Basically you have to be a church member to have a funeral dinner, and at least some of your family members have to be members as well; previously, if a church member had a close relative die, they'd do the funeral dinner.

So to give an example...when my grandmother died, her church didn't even offer to do a funeral dinner, they didn't care. My mom's church however, where my aunt and mother are both members, held one for our grieving extended family. Under the new rules, that wouldn't happen. They just turned down a guy who is a member, whose sister died unexpectedly, for a funeral dinner for his family, because his sister wasn't a member of the church.

Really makes me upset and angry on his behalf, and on behalf of all those they're going to hurt through their callous and un-Christian actions. My mother was quite upset as well, arguing with the committee that changed the rules that they've got the biggest budget of any group in the church, because pretty much the only thing people donate money to is the funeral dinner fund.

I had to pay to my grandmother's memorial catered. Yes fucking catered. Sandwiches, salads and a dessert.

She was a member of that church forever and gave thousands of dollars to them until the day she died. I was living out of state at the time too so it wasn't like I was going to cook.

Honestly if I had to do it over, I would have just drove to the local grocery store and bought a container of cookies for them -- especially when half the people who were supposed to show up didn't.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-05-2017, 05:45 PM
(28-05-2017 01:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 12:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My mother was pretty upset they've changed the rules for grief dinners at her church (the funeral dinners they do). I can't blame her, because quite frankly it's rather draconian now. Basically you have to be a church member to have a funeral dinner, and at least some of your family members have to be members as well; previously, if a church member had a close relative die, they'd do the funeral dinner.

So to give an example...when my grandmother died, her church didn't even offer to do a funeral dinner, they didn't care. My mom's church however, where my aunt and mother are both members, held one for our grieving extended family. Under the new rules, that wouldn't happen. They just turned down a guy who is a member, whose sister died unexpectedly, for a funeral dinner for his family, because his sister wasn't a member of the church.

Really makes me upset and angry on his behalf, and on behalf of all those they're going to hurt through their callous and un-Christian actions. My mother was quite upset as well, arguing with the committee that changed the rules that they've got the biggest budget of any group in the church, because pretty much the only thing people donate money to is the funeral dinner fund.

I had to pay to my grandmother's memorial catered. Yes fucking catered. Sandwiches, salads and a dessert.

She was a member of that church forever and gave thousands of dollars to them until the day she died. I was living out of state at the time too so it wasn't like I was going to cook.

Honestly if I had to do it over, I would have just drove to the local grocery store and bought a container of cookies for them -- especially when half the people who were supposed to show up didn't.
I'm so sorry, I would be utterly pissed at them too, because that's just not right. Angry And can relate, my grandmother's church, the one who didn't do the dinner, she gave 10% of her income to every year, AND donated her house to them for them to make money off the sale.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm having the hardest time dealing with the non existence of my dad at the moment. Its times like this that being a non believer has its disadvantages.
29-05-2017, 08:50 PM
... well, at least there's peanut butter.

I'd post more, except I'm not going to.
29-05-2017, 09:00 PM
OMG I'm so fucking mad. Angry
29-05-2017, 09:04 PM
(29-05-2017 09:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  OMG I'm so fucking mad. Angry

*hugs* pm me if you need to talk...
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-05-2017, 11:48 PM
(29-05-2017 09:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  OMG I'm so fucking mad. Angry

Rather fuck sane Unsure

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-05-2017, 05:20 AM
So a dude was shot and killed the road over this evening, that's exciting.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-05-2017, 05:45 AM
(30-05-2017 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So a dude was shot and killed the road over this evening, that's exciting.

I hope you stashed the gun somewhere safe and wiped the prints off, also wash your hands and clothes to get rid of powder residue. Tongue
30-05-2017, 05:52 AM

Precisely why I would bet they plan to use that money for other things. Hopefully this will lead people to see the light. Realize that religions are really just big business scams.