Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-05-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-05-2017 03:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 02:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Tandoori Chicken Wraps?

I found a recipe for some garlic lemon chicken. Served with sugar snap peas, spinach and a little mint

If it's good and different enough I might live.

Honestly my head was obviously detached from my hands when I reached dose the most boring flavorless cut of chicken ever. And it's one of those super packs. Facepalm

So I might consider the tandori idea for tomorrow

You could also lie and tell him it's one of those other meats that "taste like chicken". There must be dozens of them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
30-05-2017, 04:56 PM
(30-05-2017 01:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 12:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Holy crap. Glad you two were physically fine though, even at slow speeds, deer are no joke, let alone 70mph!

Yeah, it happened so fast that I didn't even know what happened until it was all over, but it occurred to me that the deer could have come through the windshield, or our car could have lost control and flipped/rolled (it was a small Mazda Miata convertible), or any number of other terrible things. We were probably lucky that it wasn't worse. My dad would have said that God was looking out for us (he actually did say that once when I got hit by a car while riding my bike -- the bike was totaled but I was fine), but I would make the same reply I made then: why didn't God just stop the car/deer from hitting me/us?

So scary! I almost hit a deer a couple of weeks ago--missed it by a few inches--going about 45. I got seriously unnerved. I'm glad you're ok, even if your car isn't.
30-05-2017, 07:14 PM
(30-05-2017 01:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yeah, it happened so fast that I didn't even know what happened until it was all over, but it occurred to me that the deer could have come through the windshield, or our car could have lost control and flipped/rolled (it was a small Mazda Miata convertible), or any number of other terrible things. We were probably lucky that it wasn't worse. My dad would have said that God was looking out for us (he actually did say that once when I got hit by a car while riding my bike -- the bike was totaled but I was fine), but I would make the same reply I made then: why didn't God just stop the car/deer from hitting me/us?

Wow...good point about how it could have gone through the window. So glad it didn't! Yes

(30-05-2017 01:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, this will be interesting

The man told me that if I cook chicken one more time he's going to seriously kill me.

I'd better think of something super interesting to do with boneless, skinless chicken thighs that are right now sitting in the fridge in the garage.

Feed the forum? Yes

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2017, 11:22 PM
So what do you guys think of Kathy Griffin and her stunt with the Donald Trump head? Some of my friends on facebook are totally losing their shit over it.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
31-05-2017, 02:59 AM
I have no idea who she is, nor had I heard of this til now lol.

Done a google, and it's probably not the best idea, but who cares? It's a bit mental, but another thing on the list of "first world problems" for me.

"oh noes, I did a super swish photo shoot with a plastic head of the president, probably got some mad money out it, everybody is mad", when somewhere a country is getting bombed to shit and children are starving to death.

I'm more annoyed that people are annoyed at this and not more important things.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
31-05-2017, 03:40 AM
(30-05-2017 11:22 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So what do you guys think of Kathy Griffin and her stunt with the Donald Trump head?

I thought it was misguided, crude, and disgusting. When liberals go too far, it makes us look very bad to the opposition. Griffin is already apologizing for her stunt.
31-05-2017, 06:29 AM
Can anybody advance me a few thousand dollars so I can get a lease on a rental or something?

I need to get out of this fucking house and away from my mother's Defacto. I don't want to have to deal with that piece of unrepentant shit any longer. [Always picking on what I'm doing, ordering me about, and bitching about stupid shit.

So what if I fucking tend to toe-walk when I'm not in shoes? It's not any of your fucking business you repugnant control freak... Leave me to my habits and nature. Or do you actively want to push me over the edge with incessant nagging...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2017, 07:23 AM
My nutso-religious father just wrote a letter to my husband asking him to read the Bible and become closer to Jesus in order to bring me and our son back to the fold so we won't be eternally damned; he said that was my husband's Biblical duty as head of the house. Background: I told my father this past December that I was done communicating with him except for passing letters from him to my son. He emailed me that he understood and accepted that decision. Then he kept sending letters and emails, the latest being an attempt to invite himself up for a visit. At that point, a few weeks ago, I told him I would be blocking his emails and throwing all letters addressed to me into the trash.

My darling husband mailed a letter last night saying--in only slightly more polite language--fuck off with the proselytizing, we're a family of atheists, you've worn out your welcome with us. One of the many reasons I love him.

My father's not done, I'm sure. Before he'd tried the sneak-attack with my husband, he'd tried with my mother. He's going to try to find some other way to save us, whether we will or no. Aargh.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
31-05-2017, 10:19 AM
I saw you give me the finger.

I'll let it go because you're just a young person and, well, your opinion of me is of no relevance to my life whatsoever.

But when you're riding your bike on the sidewalk and then cross traffic against the light without looking, don't be surprised when there happens to be a car in your way.

Good thing I have lightning-fast reflexes on my brakes.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
31-05-2017, 05:20 PM
(30-05-2017 11:22 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So what do you guys think of Kathy Griffin and her stunt with the Donald Trump head? Some of my friends on facebook are totally losing their shit over it.

I have never been a fan. I don't think she's funny. Not only do I not seek her out but I will actively avoid anything she is a part of.

I haven't seen the video but have heard the audio and plenty of descriptions. It was surely in poor taste but that's her schtick. My FB doesn't have much about it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if she just faded into oblivion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF