Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-06-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So I'm riding my bike to work this morning (like every morning), and I stop at the store to get a newspaper (like every morning), and I'm going to make a right turn out of the parking lot. What do you do when you're making a right turn out of a parking lot? You look to your left, and if it's clear, you go. Fortunately, I'm anal about this sort of thing, and I always look both ways whether it makes sense or not. Good thing, because some construction worker was driving a forklift the wrong way up my side of the street! He almost certainly would have hit me if I hadn't looked. Sometimes it pays to be anal.

I'm beginning to worry -- I can't go more than a few days anymore without someone trying to kill me (only half joking).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
01-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Well, I signed everything and left the man to work out the details...

Then I went to Costco. 11:30am. The place was packed like a stones concert.

I had almost gave up, but someone was waiting for someone else to leave creating a huge bottleneck, like magic another car right in front of me, suddenly began backing out so I snagged that spot since the other person was waiting and no one could get around him...

Sometimes it pays to wait.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-06-2017, 04:44 PM
So frustrated!

I made an appointment nine days ago to get my hair cut today. I have several emails and texts confirming the appointment date and time.

Traffic didn't suck and I arrived 25 minutes early only to be told that my appointment would probably start 30 minutes past the scheduled time. This is not the first time this has happened...that an appointment time was messed up. The owner and the guy who usually cuts my hair were both surprised when I walked in...like they had no clue that I had a damn appointment and he hadn't even started on the person scheduled before me yet.

Now I have to try to find someone else to do my hair who won't butcher it and who works in a salon that can actual schedule appointments with some degree of accuracy.

FUCK!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Of course my desk is a mess. What is it that these people don't fucking understand? I no longer give a fuck at all. I gave my notice and will be starting my new job soon. We were closed on Memorial Day and the cheap old fuck that owns this place decided he doesn't want to give any holiday pay any more so we are all missing 9 hours out of our pay. I am only selling enough at this point to maintain having a job and nothing more. Even the old fucks son can't stand him. I can't wait to walk out on my last day and say to him what has been eating away at me.
02-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Some idiot messaged me over fb over something I posted about watching the Grateful Dead doc...

They wrote that Jesus wouldn't want me to watch it. I'm inviting Satan

What the actual fuck?!

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-06-2017, 10:54 AM
(02-06-2017 10:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm inviting Satan

Question on everyone's mind is - are you gonna serve him chicken?

Or devilled eggs?

Big Grin

[Image: deviled-eggs.jpg]

[Image: 8c3cf1b4ff8cdb549fa455e46ac413ae.jpg]

[Image: ea019f93d3ffe3937ea1ceac77fefd9b.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
02-06-2017, 01:09 PM
(02-06-2017 10:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 10:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm inviting Satan

Question on everyone's mind is - are you gonna serve him chicken?

Or devilled eggs?

Big Grin

[Image: deviled-eggs.jpg]

[Image: 8c3cf1b4ff8cdb549fa455e46ac413ae.jpg]

[Image: ea019f93d3ffe3937ea1ceac77fefd9b.jpg]

Ha! Probably chicken...I'm sure he'll love that.

Meanwhile I did buy some polish sausages at Costco yesterday...I also bought pound cakes...

So today I went to market, got sausage buns...

A huge container of strawberries...and a thing of rasperberies and blueberries.

I'll fix the strawberries for me and kids and the raspberries/blueberries for the man...(he either hates strawberries or is allergic -- I've seen him eat somethings with strawberry before and hasn't complained).

Should be yummy though anyway.

02-06-2017, 01:41 PM
(02-06-2017 01:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A huge container of strawberries...and a thing of rasperberies and blueberries.

I'll fix the strawberries for me and kids and the raspberries/blueberries for the man...

Berries...

Drooling

Sometimes I go to the local ice cream shop and order a sundae with all the berries -- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, ...

I love berries.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
02-06-2017, 02:41 PM
(02-06-2017 01:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 01:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A huge container of strawberries...and a thing of rasperberies and blueberries.

I'll fix the strawberries for me and kids and the raspberries/blueberries for the man...

Berries...

Drooling

Sometimes I go to the local ice cream shop and order a sundae with all the berries -- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, ...

I love berries.

They're berry good.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-06-2017, 02:49 PM
I love, love, LOVE mulberries and am gonna miss them this year Sadcryface2

Am especially partial to them because of nice childhood memories of me and a friend spending hours in a mulberry tree in my school's yard (during the summer - I just live close to my school)

About the only fruit I can (and do) eat by the fistful (not a big fruit-eater, I)

[Image: mulberries-on-a-wooden-table.jpg]

There is maracuja here, though Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post