Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-06-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-06-2017 10:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Firstly, god damn Asian sizing for cloths is ridiculous. 118cm chest is a 5XL... 5XL... in American/European sizing 118cm is like a XL or 2XL.
These yellow bastards are tiny as fuck if they think 5XL is 118cm..

Anyway, I can't decide between this shirt:

[Image: HTB1PlvdOFXXXXbrXXXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg?size=1...130b60a137]

And this one:

[Image: HTB1EHaIOFXXXXcUXVXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg?size=1...876ee71861]

I'm learning towards the yellow one. It's got an orange zest feel to it.
Only issue is it's not plaid.

Yellow.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 07:30 PM
(03-06-2017 10:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Firstly, god damn Asian sizing for cloths is ridiculous. 118cm chest is a 5XL... 5XL... in American/European sizing 118cm is like a XL or 2XL.
These yellow bastards are tiny as fuck if they think 5XL is 118cm..

Anyway, I can't decide between this shirt:

[Image: HTB1PlvdOFXXXXbrXXXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg?size=1...130b60a137]

And this one:

[Image: HTB1EHaIOFXXXXcUXVXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg?size=1...876ee71861]

I'm learning towards the yellow one. It's got an orange zest feel to it.
Only issue is it's not plaid.

Not a real fan of either one. I don't wear yellow as it makes me look like I am jaundiced...some people have a skin tone that works with it though.

The other one makes me nuts. As someone who has sewn clothing, the black buttons down the burgundy stripe drive me crazy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
06-06-2017, 07:51 PM
(06-06-2017 07:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  Well, you're a slave to...

Oh fuck it, why even bother
Calm down. I'm tired, and when tired my dyslexia is still worse. I misread what you said. It wasn't an attack. I'm not making an excuse, but damn it wasn't anything major. I only go off on theists who shit over us in threads.
06-06-2017, 07:59 PM
I wasn't "oh, fuck it"-ing at you. More at myself, as in, fuck it, I'm tired and I don't want to go there Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2017, 08:01 PM
(06-06-2017 07:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  I wasn't "oh, fuck it"-ing at you. More at myself, as in, fuck it, I'm tired and I don't want to go there Rolleyes
No harm done. I don't bear any ill will toward you. Hope you get rest soon.
06-06-2017, 08:05 PM
(06-06-2017 08:01 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I don't bear any ill will toward you.

For a second I felt like I'd stepped into the book I'm translating, and was being addressed by an elven prince or something Laugh out load

(I do have a love triangle between an elven prince, a half-elf and a fucking annoying goody-two-shoes of a female character whom I cannot stand and she pisses me off but good. But I digress...)

Seriously, sorry you thought I was cursing at you. I tend to make it absolutely clear when I *am* indeed cursing at someone and not just in general Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Fucking sigh

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Man I could really use $20,000 right about now.
I think I'm gonna give my idea of buying and selling watches ago. I honestly don't know why I haven't, I can afford it, it's a pretty solid idea. One of the watches I was gonna start with I can buy from China for $2USD, which is a little less than $3NZD, free shipping. I could easily sell them for $10. I work at a big box retailer that sells cheap shit and our watches like this one are like $20-35. So I could probably get $15 or $20 for them but $10 is probably more realistic with shipping. That's like an 80% margin on $15, 70% on $10. You can't really sneeze at 70% margins. Hell, I could sell them for $5 and that'd still be a 40% margin with minimal work on my part (post office is just down the road).
It takes time, getting the product, listing and finding a buyer, shipping to the buyer, but it's mostly downtime and actual time on my part invested would be minimal and time that I would otherwise spend just playing video games. Plus its experience. And I'm not gonna know the potential for reward until I actually give it ago.

So here's my plan. These things cost $3NZD a pop. I take $15 and get 5 of these fuckers. I list them for $15 each. If they don't sell I list them for $10. When they sell I take the first $15 and keep it to pay for my initial investment of $15. Any money after that is profit (not taking into account time spent which we'll just assume at this point I'm paying myself in 'experience'.) and I use said money and invest it right back into inventory. So if all 5 sell for $15, I get $75. I take out $15 leaving me with $60. I take $60 and buy 20 of these fuckers. Rinse and repeat until demand reaches some sort of equilibrium where the amount of money coming in isn't needed to buy inventory. Use 'excess' money as profit and pay for my Chinese sweet and sour pork addiction.

I theory if I was selling 20 of these fuckers a week at $15 a pop I could quit my job. Not that I would. If by some miracle it even got to that kind of size (which I have little faith it ever would but one can dream) I'd want it much higher to allow for fluctuations that were in my "pay all the bills" margin of error if I was going to quit my job.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Why the fuck can't I edit my post I literally just made? Ah whatever.

"I theory if I was selling 20 of these fuckers a week at $15 a pop I could quit my job. Not that I would. If by some miracle it even got to that kind of size (which I have little faith it ever would but one can dream) I'd want it much higher to allow for fluctuations that were in my "pay all the bills" margin of error if I was going to quit my job."

This is wrong, I forgot to take into account the need to buy more stock. I'd need to sell 25 or so.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-06-2017, 01:00 AM
(06-06-2017 09:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking sigh

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.