Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-06-2017, 06:59 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-06-2017 10:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Man I could really use $20,000 right about now.

Me too, but went into the wrong field. Tongue Found out recently our education folks have a kind of shady (in my opinion, as no one else in the uni apparently has a deal like this) deal going on where they get paid an overload for every 30 students they have student teaching or even just observing (like if they have students just observing a high school teacher and doing nothing, they still get paid for 'managing' them). So they do have an extra $25,000 a year over what their contracts say they get paid.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2017, 11:20 AM
So yeah, checked my email after the workshop let out (today's our 'early' day out). Journal I've been checking back with every two months who keeps going "Oh the second reviewer hasn't told us anything yet" finally got back to me after 10 months (standard in social sciences is 2) with a Rejection. I'm more upset that it took them 10 months to reject, than it got rejected, because the suggestions they integrated can be reworked. However, I've now got to even further update things, because they've sat on it for 10 months I couldn't shop it around to other journals.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2017, 12:54 PM
(06-06-2017 08:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 08:01 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I don't bear any ill will toward you.
(I do have a love triangle between an elven prince, a half-elf and a fucking annoying goody-two-shoes of a female character whom I cannot stand and she pisses me off but good. But I digress...)
As long as it's not Tanis Half-Elven. He's all busy with dragons and such.
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2017, 01:17 PM
(07-06-2017 12:54 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  As long as it's not Tanis Half-Elven. He's all busy with dragons and such.

Hehe. Nah, mine is called Mark Blackthorn and he's getting more annoying by the minute ever since he fell for that religious goody-two-shoes and left his boyfriend for her (even if he claims there were other reasons) Dodgy I mean, I'll give the author credit for having an actual bisexual character but she could at least have written a slightly more likeable female character, damn it!

(I've translated quite a few Drizzt books. Couldn't stand Catti-Brie either)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
08-06-2017, 10:08 AM
The general election in Britain today reminded me so much of an episode of South Park, I really did have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Assholes. Angry
08-06-2017, 10:18 AM
(08-06-2017 10:08 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The general election in Britain today reminded me so much of an episode of South Park, I really did have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Assholes. Angry

That's how I felt last November.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2017, 11:16 AM
(08-06-2017 10:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 10:08 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The general election in Britain today reminded me so much of an episode of South Park, I really did have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Assholes. Angry

That's how I felt last November.

I took the middle ground and voted liberal coz I'm a coward. Sad
08-06-2017, 12:02 PM
(08-06-2017 11:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 10:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's how I felt last November.

I took the middle ground and voted liberal coz I'm a coward. Sad

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-06-2017, 06:44 PM
That's what I like about NZ politics. We have lots of options. I can vote National and if they're pissing me off I can vote for the Greens who form a coalition with other left parties so I can still vote left without having to vote for shitty Labor. I'll probably always vote National but it's nice to have the option to vote left if I want.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-06-2017, 08:39 PM
http://springsbury.com/astonishing-pack-...militants/

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde