Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-06-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-06-2017 08:39 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  http://springsbury.com/astonishing-pack-...militants/

3000 converts after this fictional incident? Yoh. That's a one man powerhouse for God.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 04:20 AM
(09-06-2017 01:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:39 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  http://springsbury.com/astonishing-pack-...militants/

3000 converts after this fictional incident? Yoh. That's a one man powerhouse for God.

> Hmph! Any photos? Dodgy
09-06-2017, 11:13 AM
What fucked up language doesn't have a proper word for boyfriend/girlfriend? I'll tell you what - mine! Angry

We use the word friend and we have another one (of gypsy origin I think) which works in less formal situations but is not quite what I need when I'm translating. The word "friend" kinda works for straight relationships (as words in Bulgarian have gender and if you use a definite article it becomes clear we're talking about a bf/gf) but when it's a gay couple it's way too vague.

How can a language *not* have a word for this!

[Image: mad_2011.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
09-06-2017, 11:51 AM
(09-06-2017 11:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  What fucked up language doesn't have a proper word for boyfriend/girlfriend? I'll tell you what - mine! Angry

We use the word friend and we have another one (of gypsy origin I think) which works in less formal situations but is not quite what I need when I'm translating. The word "friend" kinda works for straight relationships (as words in Bulgarian have gender and if you use a definite article it becomes clear we're talking about a bf/gf) but when it's a gay couple it's way too vague.

This is your chance to make a new word. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
09-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Oh, I've been doing that already, pablo. Would write something and then go: what do you mean to tell me there ain't such a word? Get outta here!

[Image: tenor.gif]

(I'm afraid if I were to come up with word for this, it might be way too... unusable, coming from a diehard cynic such a meself Rolleyes )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
11-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Having an issue so googling it and finding posts from people with the same problem, reading the replies to said post and it's just pages and pages of "me too" but never any answers.
Happens sooooooooooooooooo much with any issue. So annoying, yea cool I get it everyone has the same issue, now what's the fucking solution?
11-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Everything with CNN is 'breaking news'. EVERYTHING!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-06-2017, 08:16 PM
(11-06-2017 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Having an issue so googling it and finding posts from people with the same problem, reading the replies to said post and it's just pages and pages of "me too" but never any answers.
Happens sooooooooooooooooo much with any issue. So annoying, yea cool I get it everyone has the same issue, now what's the fucking solution?

42?

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-06-2017, 08:21 PM
(09-06-2017 11:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  What fucked up language doesn't have a proper word for boyfriend/girlfriend? I'll tell you what - mine! Angry

Couple???

Smartass

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Oh I'm very happy tonight.

I bet it doesn't last, but for now I'm riding the wave.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post