Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-06-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-06-2017 08:27 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Dear School,

Fuck you guys.

I fill out so many fucking forms for my kids' school activities it's unbelievable.

Every time there's a school trip it's the same fucking form, requesting the same fucking medical information , the same fucking emergency contact information, cell phone, email etc... The same fucking secondary emergency contact person cell phone & email etc.. and all this after filling out a form at the beginning of the school year confirming all this fucking information right from the fucking start!

But today my kid went on a field trip and for him to go on this trip, I had to fill out the same fucking information...again of course.

They were supposed to be back at the school at 8:30pm, they didn't get back until 9:45pm! There were 4 teachers on the bus with 4 cell phones, we didn't have their phone numbers but they sure as fuck had ours. So 30+ parents with 30+ cell phones sitting on the fucking sidewalk for over a fucking hour in the fucking dark outside a locked fucking school waiting and wondering what the fuck was going on and all one of those fuckwits had to do was call just one of us to let us know what was going on!

Next time I get another form to fill out, I'm half tempted to write in...why the fuck should I waste my time?

Laugh out load I love my wife, but I can tell you that if something like this happened, there would be hell to pay, having been on the receiving end of a colossal forgetting-to-inform-her-rant in the past. Ohmy

That said, I can understand forms (forms are made by people who want you to do most of their work for them). However, in this computer age, it would seem reasonable that the district could supply parents with an electronic form that could have the information (except for the event/venue) already there. Then, it's just fill in event/venue and sign. FFS, these people are teaching our children how to get on in the world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-06-2017, 07:17 AM
(14-06-2017 09:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 07:26 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  EA will write the 250 words a day until writing becomes a habit again. Hobo
EA will write the 250 words a day until writing becomes a habit again. Hobo

EA will post this 250 times until it becomes a habit! Tongue

What I really need to do is move past this writing thing. I wrote poetry as a teenager during a time when I was very miserable, then it went away for a while. Then I got into writing books and again it was during a very difficult time where a lot of things needed to come up and come out of me. I didn't have to force myself to write at all. It was more like I couldn't stop myself from writing.

Nowadays instead of it being "I can't not write" it's "I can't not want to write". It's more just about the longing to write or to have that creative outlet again. Maybe I need a new hobby? I think somewhere along the line I wrapped too much of my identity into writing. I thought I had figured out that writing was my "purpose" or that writing stories was my contribution to the world.

Maybe now I need to get wrapped up in being a fur-baby mom in the near-ish future. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
15-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Well, now I've seen it all...

"In the center Gluten and lactosefree Bed for two"
[Image: 437e333d7cd4aec25d543122d4f393c7.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-06-2017, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 08:02 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Ken Ham is right Sad Let's see if anyone falls for this...

Need to think of a witty signature.
16-06-2017, 02:00 AM
(15-06-2017 07:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Ken Ham is right Sad Let's see if anyone falls for this...

... About? Ah, I see your sneaky sneakiness. I have no doubt that sometimes he accidentally says true things.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Why does morning start so early?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-06-2017, 08:38 AM
(16-06-2017 08:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why does morning start so early?

It's set up that way to mess with us. Drinking Beverage

Love ya Moms Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-06-2017, 08:47 AM
(16-06-2017 08:38 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 08:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why does morning start so early?

It's set up that way to mess with us. Drinking Beverage

Love ya Moms Smile

It does....

How are you?? What's new in your world?

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-06-2017, 10:56 AM
(16-06-2017 02:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 07:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Ken Ham is right Sad Let's see if anyone falls for this...

... About? Ah, I see your sneaky sneakiness. I have no doubt that sometimes he accidentally says true things.

Drat, you caught me. Sad Was going to see if I could convince people for a few days that I had embraced Creationism.

Need to think of a witty signature.
16-06-2017, 11:21 AM

Because if it were earlier or later, it simply would no longer be morning?

Definitions are a bitch... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]