Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-06-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-06-2017 10:56 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 02:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... About? Ah, I see your sneaky sneakiness. I have no doubt that sometimes he accidentally says true things.

Drat, you caught me. Sad Was going to see if I could convince people for a few days that I had embraced Creationism.

You? You'd have to go full idiot to be convincing. None of this half-arsed shit with sad-face emojis. Creationists *preach*, Shai.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-06-2017, 05:03 PM
(16-06-2017 12:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 10:56 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Drat, you caught me. Sad Was going to see if I could convince people for a few days that I had embraced Creationism.

You? You'd have to go full idiot to be convincing. None of this half-arsed shit with sad-face emojis. Creationists *preach*, Shai.

Fair point heh. I doubt I can pull off "Grand Canyon was made in 5 minutes by the Flood" anyhow. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
16-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Must not kill groomzilla. Must not kill groomzilla.

So, we're at T-30 days to wedding of my friend. <.< Our latest phone call included:
  • "Hey have you read the blog post on what's expected of the groomsmen yet?"
  • "After we cut the cake and stuff there will be toasts, you have 2-3 minutes, but don't go over 2. The Maid of Honor is doing hers at the rehearsal dinner, because her brother will also be doing one at the wedding reception."
  • "The rehearsal is at 5pm on a Friday, but could be as early as noon. We won't know until the week of. So you need to be there early."
  • "Did you get a hotel room?" yes. "Where?" In your wedding's block of rooms at the hotel you're staying at.
  • "You need to send me a photo of your dress shoes so we know they're close enough to everyone else's dress shoes to work."
  • "You do plan to wear an undershirt under your dress shirt, right? Make sure to pack one."
  • "Don't forget to pack your suit. Did you get it altered yet?" For the 5th time (literally) yes.
  • "Have you planned the Bachelor Party yet? Since I've not got a job yet for next Fall, you need to plan it for a weekend or after 6pm in case I have an interview."
  • "Why haven't you RSVPed, they were due today!" Uh I did, if the postal service lost it, I apologize (and did to him), so now I have to email my meal choice to their wedding gmail account.

[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-06-2017, 06:04 PM
(16-06-2017 05:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Must not kill groomzilla. Must not kill groomzilla.

So, we're at T-30 days to wedding of my friend. <.< Our latest phone call included:
  • "After we cut the cake and stuff there will be toasts, you have 2-3 minutes, but don't go over 2. The Maid of Honor is doing hers at the rehearsal dinner, because her brother will also be doing one at the wedding reception."
  • "The rehearsal is at 5pm on a Friday, but could be as early as noon. We won't know until the week of. So you need to be there early."
  • "Did you get a hotel room?" yes. "Where?" In your wedding's block of rooms at the hotel you're staying at.
  • "You need to send me a photo of your dress shoes so we know they're close enough to everyone else's dress shoes to work."
  • "You do plan to wear an undershirt under your dress shirt, right? Make sure to pack one."
  • "Don't forget to pack your suit. Did you get it altered yet?" For the 5th time (literally) yes.
  • "Have you planned the Bachelor Party yet? Since I've not got a job yet for next Fall, you need to plan it for a weekend or after 6pm in case I have an interview."
  • "Why haven't you RSVPed, they were due today!" Uh I did, if the postal service lost it, I apologize (and did to him), so now I have to email my meal choice to their wedding gmail account.

Blink

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-06-2017, 06:12 PM
(16-06-2017 06:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 05:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Must not kill groomzilla. Must not kill groomzilla.

Blink

This is only the end of a long line of similar, quite frankly, bullshit. Like how he had me fly across the country and stole most of my Winter Break (before teaching Winter Interim Session) to do suit shopping and plenty of crap with it. I've gotten to the point where I groan out loud when I see him on the caller ID.

17-06-2017, 03:54 AM
(16-06-2017 06:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 06:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Blink

This is only the end of a long line of similar, quite frankly, bullshit. Like how he had me fly across the country and stole most of my Winter Break (before teaching Winter Interim Session) to do suit shopping and plenty of crap with it. I've gotten to the point where I groan out loud when I see him on the caller ID.

Turns out, other people are emotionally exhausting.

Why is keeping things small, low-key, and thus more intimate, just not a thing already? How have we all not seen enough reality TV about wedding planning from hell to make us all think long and hard before treading down that very same road? Unless you are literal royalty, or have enough disposable income to just pay someone else to do all of this shit for you, none of it seems worth the monumental effort.

In other words, I'll be dying alone with a cat, but at least I never put my best friends through this shit. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2017, 05:06 AM
(16-06-2017 06:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 06:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Blink

"A toast to the whiniest bitch that I've ever known. A toast to the bride as well!"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 10 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
17-06-2017, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 05:30 AM by Heath_Tierney.)

I effing hate weddings.

Unless it's a family member, I refuse to be involved in a wedding party. "Sorry, I have to re-arrange my sock drawer that day and then organize my Tupperware."

Last wedding I attended, all-told we were there for 9 fucking hours. And we left before midnight.

I personally want no part of it, and if my SO and I ever get married (unlikely) we'll do it with a Justice of the Peace somewhere without inflicting anything on our friends.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
17-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Yeah, someday if Rev and I get married (from the way we've talked, it'll probably happen eventually), we'll keep it low-key. Just me, him, and my army of hobos. Hobo Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
17-06-2017, 09:54 AM
I'm bloody tired of hearing "I (or so and so) am so sensitive" when you (or so and so) don't give a fuck about how you treat other and how your actions affect other people.

Sensitive people realise that others have feelings, too, and treat them accordingly. You're just and entitled, overly touchy, selfish prick.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post